Senegal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Marriage License

Senegal Jul 2, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Which office do I contact to get a copy of my Certificate of Marriage? I got married in St. Louis, Senegal in July of 2007. Thanks.

more
    • Marriage License

Senegal Jul 2, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Which office do I contact to get a copy of my Certificate of Marriage? I got married in St. Louis, Senegal in July of 2007. Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • Road travel Senegal.

Dakar May 14, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Is a small 2 whel drive car up to driving on roads in Senegal or do I need a 4wd. I am not concerned about diferences between how people drive compared to western countries,since I have driven in countries with truly bizare road behaviour before,only whether a 2wd compact can handle the roads.

8 Answers May 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Travel and language study

Senegal Mar 20, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hi,
      I am planning a trip to Senegal to work on my french (I only have som basic knowledge).
      I want to stay for about 4-5 weeks and travel to 2 or 3 different places where I can find a teacher to have leassons with me.
      Does anyboy have any recommendations on where to go? Or any experience with this kind of traveling?

All the best
      Julia

4 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 6:19 AM
    • niyagi's Profile Photo

Driving around Senegal or Public Transport?

Senegal Feb 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Hi everybody
      Will be visiting Senegal for 8-9days next month. We would like to go up north to st louis, lac rose, then to lompuol kaolack, Sine Saloum. Anyway, it's a first idea. My question, would you recommend public transport or hiring a car and driving ourselves or hiring a car and driving? We are on a budget holiday so trying to keep things cheap but at the same time we want to get the most out of the short time we are there... Any tips or advice is welcome
      thanks!
      Niyagi

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • MayaP's Profile Photo

What are the laws about bringing vehicles into Senegal?

Senegal Nov 18, 2013 at 2:45 AM

We want to drive from Denmark to Senegal. How can we get a car into Senegal that is older than 5 years old.. Is this at all possible?

2 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • MameDiarra's Profile Photo

Flights from Dakar to Ziguinchor

Senegal Aug 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Hey everyone, I'm restricted for time on this trip to Senegal. I'm going to be booking flights from Dakar to Ziguinchor return. I just wondered if anyone has used Senegal Airlines/Deccan Air for this particular stretch before or recently? How reliable are they? Normally I'd take the ferry but it doesn't get me back in time for my flight home. Any feedback much appreciated, thank you

3 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • sightseeing around Dakar for only an Hour. Possible?

Dakar Aug 5, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Hi guys, i have a two hours transit time on by way to Banjul in Dakar. Is it possible to take an hour tour maybe by taxi through the cityof Dakar and not miss by flight? how is the traffic situation. and how much is taxi fare likely to be. Tahnks

6 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    • How to hire a driver in Senegal

Senegal Jul 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I will be visiting my daughter in Senegal for two weeks this fall. I would like to hire one driver for the period that I am there. Between the two of us, we do pretty well in French and Wolof, but I would like to avoid the perils of sept-places and public transportation. Apparently Hertz no longer offers chauffeurs along with rental cars. Can anyone suggest another source for reputable drivers for hire?

• best way to get to Spain from Dakar

Senegal May 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Will be in Dakar for a few months and then thinking about visiting a friend in Spain. Does it make more sense to fly directly from Dakar to Grenada? or fly to Morocco and take the ferry to Spain? trying to save as much money as I can!!

3 Answers May 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    • raykey's Profile Photo

Diouloulou, Senegal

Senegal Feb 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Does anyone know of any nice accomodation in the small town of Diouloulou in Senegal. Its on the main road from the border town of Sleti, Gambia to Zuguinchor.

I have passed through it before but never stopped, but I would like to experience this small town if anyone knows of some clean, safe accomodation.

Many thanks.

Raykey.

• direct flights

Region de Dakar Nov 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hello Room, I am seeking a flight from Dakar to Nassau for vacation that does not make american stops,I have been searching on line for weeks but can not seem to find a flight. does anyone have any suggestions.

4 Answers Nov 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

shopping for Music and fabric in Senegal

Senegal Oct 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I´ll be in Senegal shortly, and while I have a tight schedule, I hope to be able to shop for some music and fabric while in Dakar and St. Louis. Can anyone help with addresses and prices I should aim for? Love the Congolese kitenge and Nigerian waxed cotton in particular, and they are more difficult to get in East Africa, so I hope I can go on a shopping spree. I read on LP that there is a shop in St Louis where I might find stuff, but that info is from an edition from 2004, so I have no idea whether it´s still up to date.

thanks for any input!

• April NY to dakar how to fly in

Senegal Oct 27, 2011 at 8:10 AM

how to???? travel agent?
      Money is an issue..but as my wife and I do not have unlimited time nor strength... direct travel is the goal.. Any input or experience to guide us with would be great. This is proving not an easy thing to plan.. On a budget. My wife and I are traveling to see our kid in the Peace corp. We are interested in comfort, adventure and not too long of trip with many transfers. Direct would be nice but seems impossible.

I noticed when using an internet flight search engine( booking buddy) , some flights are 20 hours and more. So now I have an idea. But first the easy way:

The easy way is.... I could fly to DC cheaply and then stay over so we could fly direct ( south African air)the next day. Do you all find it best to book that as a one combined trip ? Searching only NYC to Dakar. Or look for a separate NYC to DC deal, then booking an additional flight to Dakar? Clear?
      So DC is nice but it is not Paris.
      Plan b
      If we skip the DC connection.. it is a long, minimum 6-9 hours layover where ever we go. So maybe I can book a flight that stops in Morocco, or Brussels? Stay a night. Does that usually cost more?

How does one do that? Airfrance actually has a deal that allows you "multiple" stops so one could stay in Paris for a night and enjoy before moving on. Great and there would be no further questions but the trip back to NY is non direct 20+ hours... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!... So any input? .
      What have you experienced folk done? what would you do?Use a travel agent?

Read more: World Travel Forum

7 Answers Oct 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM
    • flying from NY in April

Senegal Oct 27, 2011 at 8:01 AM

how to???? travel agent?
      Money is an issue..but as my wife and I do not have unlimited time nor strength... direct travel is the goal.. Any input or experience to guide us with would be great. This is proving not an easy thing to plan.. On a budget. My wife and I are traveling to see our kid in the Peace corp. We are interested in comfort, adventure and not too long of trip with many transfers. Direct would be nice but seems impossible. I noticed when using an internet flight search engine( booking buddy) , some flights are 20 hours and more.

The easy way is.... I could fly to DC cheaply and then stay over so we could fly direct the next day. Question- Do you all find it best to book that as a one combined trip ? Search only NYC to Dakar. Or look for a NYC to DC deal and then booking a separate flight to Dakar? Clear? If we skip the DC connection.. it is a long, minimum 6-9 hours layover where ever we go. So maybe I can book a flight that stops in Morocco, or Brussels? Stay a night. Does that usually cost more?How does one do that? Airfrance actually has a deal that allows you "multiple" stops so one could stay in Paris for a night and enjoy before moving on. Great and there would be no further questions but the trip back to NY is 20+ hours... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!... So any input? New at this all....
      Ok So what have you experienced folk done? what would you do?Use a travel agent?

6 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Senegal holidays

Senegal Sep 26, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Hi All

I'm looking for a holiday to Senegal. I have been to Gambia, and Senegal is coming up expensive.
      Anyone know of a good travel agent/website for this please
      Thanks in advance

Bal

• local tours for cruisers

Dakar Jan 1, 2011 at 5:51 AM

hello--we arrive dakar 3/26/11 via cruise ship for 1 day--ship tours SO expensive--are there local tour operators/ taxis on pier to take passengers to area sites? is it safe to do it? are US$ accepted?--thanks

• Need help finding transportation to Banjul

Dakar Aug 27, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I am flying from New York to Dakar en-route to Banjul, Gambia & am having trouble finding a flight or ground transport to Banjul. Can any one give my any info? I arrive around 6am on a Saturday. I will take a bus, or shuttle, but prefer a local flight if possible, and as long as I don't have to sit in the airport for HOURS. I would appreciate any/all help that is worthwhile. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Sep 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    • mnikol's Profile Photo

From Maroco/or Canaries to Dakar by ship/train

Region de Dakar May 23, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Hi,

Is there any ship/train connection from Casablanca Maroco, or canary island to Dakar? And what is the weather suggestion for travelling to Dakar in June?

many thanks!

5 Answers May 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    • Traveling through airport at Dakar

Dakar Mar 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I will be traveling from US to Bomako, Mali via Dakar, Senegal. What is the process for travelers in transit after landing at Dakar? Will I be able to check by luggage in US to Bamako or will I have to retrieve luggage in Dakar and recheck? Please advise.

2 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    • inquiries

Region de Dakar Feb 27, 2010 at 1:34 PM

please we want take our students to senegal on 2nd of april for an excursion from nigeria. the name of the school is preston international school akure nigeria, they are 40 in number and between the age of 13 to 16 years. we are planning to stay for 10days, our aim for this visit is for our students to develop their spoken french and to discover the beauty of senegal.
      we will like them to take courses in the university of dakaar and international school dakar. We will like them to visit the following places : nigeria embassy dakar, goree island (l'ile de goree), zoo university of dakar, museum (musee), dansaga market, birds'island (l'ile des oiseaux), rue de pompidou, le lac rose (rose lake), la cathedrale senegalaise, la maison de loepold sedar senghor (LSS's house)and we will need accomodation and feeding.
      please, we need information to realise this

1 Answer Feb 27, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    • FLIGHTS DAKAR- CAP SKIRRING

Senegal Nov 9, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Hello everybody, this year in Christmas holidays I have decided to return to Senegal again, to the Casamance region. It is the eighth year that I go, always by my account. I recommend to go at everybody and this time, - Christmas time- is the best because there is no rain and either mosquitos.
      But I have a problem this year : there are no regular flights from Dakar to CAP Skirring or Ziguinchor and I am trying to organize for renting a small plane taxi, I need three persons more ( we are two). The cost for 5 people with suitcases including is about 800 Euros to CAP and 1000 to Ziguinchor, are something expensive, but I thing to save time is the best thing. So if somebody wants to go with us please contact me in my direct email : mjprocura@wanadoo.es
      (We will go the 30 or the 31 of December. and return 8 or 9 of January. (The prices are for one way; roundtrip it would be the double 1600 Cap, 2000 Ziguinchor) Thanks

1 Answer Nov 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    • Oranier's Profile Photo

Train Dakar-Bamako

Senegal Sep 25, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Does anybody know if the train from Dakar to Bamako is still running, and if, at which days of the week and whta re the costs?.

Thank you

Oranier

1 Answer Sep 26, 2009 at 3:14 AM
    • jetstonyc's Profile Photo

Sightseeing

Dakar Sep 18, 2009 at 5:30 AM

Hi !

Could you give me advice about places I should go and things to do in Dakar.
      it's my first trip to Dakar . only 3 days .

5 Answers Sep 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Travel buddy for Senegal and Mali November/December 2009

Senegal Sep 15, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I am looking for a travel buddy for an adventure trip from Dakar to Timbuktu and back, using train, bus and boat. It will take 4 weeks. The ideal time would be November 2009 but could also reach into December (I am rather felxible).
      I will fly from South Africa, but we could meet in Dakar, so everybody is welcome. More details on request.

• jetstonyc's Profile Photo

Hotel in Dakar - Senegal

Dakar Sep 1, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Bonjour,
      Does anybody know good or so-so hotel in Dakar ? I needs to stay 3 nights in Dakar .

Thank you so much!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    • traveling from senegal to morroco

Senegal Aug 26, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Does anyone know how much it should cost to travel from senegal to morrocco by train or land at all? Im planning on travelling in three weeks if anyone elso is up for the trip

1 Answer Sep 6, 2009 at 9:48 AM
    • VILLAGES.

Senegal Aug 1, 2009 at 12:41 PM

HI TO EVERYONE.PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE BEST WAY FROM THE AIRPORT TO A VILLAGE WHERE I CAN STUDY DRUMS AND PERCUSSION.I'AM A DRUM AND PERCUSSION TEACHER @ THE INLAND MUSIC ACADEMY IN RIVERSIDE CALIF.IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY DREAM TO STUDY IN AFRICA AND PLAN TO VISIT SENEGAL IN SEPT 1-SEPT30.

• NURIA35's Profile Photo

some doubts

Dakar Jul 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM

ei guys!
      i was planning go to dkr in 1st week august.After checking weather in travel guide it says is raining season and hot as 40ºc. I am afraid of being sooo hot, i would like u to recommend me or not going on august.
      If ur answer is YES, could u recomend me any basic tour atractions for a 7nights trip around?

Many thks collegues

3 Answers Sep 6, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Dakar in November: Prices, hotels

Dakar Jul 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Dakar in November this year. I woudl like to know the following:
      How expensive is it (I will do backpacking and am on a shoestring budget)?
      Any recomendation for a cheap but not too bad hotel near Gare Routiere (bus staion) or train station?

3 Answers Aug 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM
    • merbal's Profile Photo

FAQ

Dakar Mar 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Dear everyone!

im planing to go to Dakar for a dancefestival end of maj...
      -how is the life in Dakar?
      -existing some good hotel there?
      -should i be myself,or should i be just a fearfull tourist?
      -it is safe city? any kidnapping there?
      -any other city to visit?
      -any nice beach to visit?
      -how is the weather maj/jun?

thanx for attention,and for the answers!
      Bali

3 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 9:28 PM