Sendai Travel Answers

change location

Bus to Oritate

by IbizaDave Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I am arriving in Sendai on Saturday morning on the Willer Express. I need t get to Oritate to see a friend. Am I right in thinking its bus bay 10 and that there are quite a few buses that head that way? Like the 840, 843, 844, etc. I can't find any useful info online and I have been looking for HOURS. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Rabbityama's Profile Photo

Re: Bus to Oritate

by Rabbityama Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM

According to the following site, the buses that are listed as going somewhere in Oritate from Sendai are: 860 (761, 861) 866 760 770

Others may actually go there as well but I don't know the city, so I only listed the ones that have 'Oritate' written in the name of one of the stops. Also, although the ones listed all go to Oritate, I don't know the exact route they take, so I don't think they all stop at the same places in Oritate.

The first timetable is for weekdays, the second for Saturdays, and the third for Sundays and holidays.

Here is the site: donto.co.jp/timetable/citybu...">donto.co.jp/timetable/citybu...

That is only the schedule from Sendai Station (Sendai Ekimae) to Oritate but the reverse is also on the site, although hopefully your friend can help you get back.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Rabbityama Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Click the second link for the timetable. I don't know why the site split it into two links but the first goes back to this page.

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Bus to Oritate

by IbizaDave Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Thank you so much! I can't read Japanese yet, but I have my destination it written down and can see from your great info where the buses are on the timetable. Only thing I'm not 100% sure about, it is like at the bus terminal on the west side of Sendai station, right? I am arriving by bus and have to find the stop. I think I know where I'm going, but any help would be very helpful.

Thank you so much again for your help, I really appreciate it! I hope I can repay you one day!

Be the first to rate this answer!

by Rabbityama Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Okay, there are many terminals, but the I found a map of the bus stop numbers and then the Japanese Wikipedia lists what buses stop at each number.

Here is the Wikipedia article that lists the buses according to which platform number they stop at: ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4B%9...">ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4B%9...

Here is a map of the platforms outside the station. Your buses all leave from platform 10 according to the Wikipedia site above: interq.or.jp/pacific/rondo/t...

If all of this seems like too much to remember, you want to double-check all the information you have, or you want someone to explain it directly with a map on-hand, there is a Tourist Information Center in Sendai Station with English-speaking staff that are there to help with this sort of thing. Even if you don't plan to use them, I think it's always good to know they are there: http://www.stcb.or.jp/eng/tbic.html

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines