Semmering Travel Answers

change location

VERY CONFUSED

by doritos16 Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

We are tourists from Malta and we are going to be in Vienna this December. =We would like to come to Zauberberg in Semmering however we don't know how =to get there. Which train station do we need to go? How long does it take f=rom Vienna train station to Zauberberf Semmering train Station? What is the=price of the train both ways for 8 adults pls? What is the price of the Za=uberberg for 8 adults from around 11am till 7pm? Is the park far from semme=ring train station? What can we use in the park. We don't want to ski with =the lessons we just want to have fun on the snow like sledges and amusing toys that we can use.. It would be of great help if you answer my questions =ASAP.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • petersnice's Profile Photo

Re: VERY CONFUSED

by petersnice Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Semmering can be reached from Vienna by train - all the info regarding Austrian Railways can be found at www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp
    There's some 10 daily connections. Not all trains are direct, but those that are take around 1 hour.
    Regular ticket costs around 20€ per person one-way, but best value is "group daily ticket" - it costs 28€ for up to 5 persons and is valid for all routes in Austria from 9AM till 3AM.
    Trains depart from (and return to) Vienna Meidling station.
    Railway station in Semmering is few kilometers away from the slopes, but I don't think you should have problems finding a bus or a shuttle.

Check www.zauberberg.at/en/zauberberg/ about what can be done at Semmering. Simple fun in the snow is usually free at skiing resorts, tickets have to be bought to use their ski-lifts.
    You will very likely have to rent equipment (like sledges) though.
    There's also "adventure tobogganing" - basically sledging for kids on prepared slopes with some fairytale thrown in.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: VERY CONFUSED

by doritos16 Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 10:48 AM

thanks for your assistance. I can put my mind at rest :)

• petersnice's Profile Photo

by petersnice Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM

glad i was able to unconfuse you :)

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

by lotharscheer Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM

"group daily ticket" is called on the ticket vending machines on every train station "Einfach Raus Ticket", for REX and more slow trains only (doesn´t make much difference for Vienna to Semmering)
    oebb.at/en/Tickets/Groups/Ei...

• Re: VERY CONFUSED

by TheLifeOfRiley Online Now Feb 4, 2011 at 4:41 AM

Hi,

I am also confused! (although your reply helped somewhat)

I don't understand the difference between Semmering Zauberberg and Semmering Stuhleck? I can see that for Stuhleck the train station is Am Spital and I believe it is simply semmering station for Zauberberg?

The problem I have is that I believe Stuhleck is the better resort (amazing looking altitude restaurant, tubing, and toboggan's?)

So my problem is Stuhleck looks like the best place (and also the best train journey), but the train connections from semmering to Am Spital are terrible (almost 1 hour wait!)

So my question is what really is the difference between these two ski resorts and are they easy to travel between? (eg could I get s bus from semmering station to Stuhleck?)

Cheers

Craig

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines