Selva di Val Gardena

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mountain biking this December

Torbole Nov 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hi all. Does anyone know how safe it is to mountain bike in and around Lake Garda and Torbole in Dec? My son will be traveling there with the express desire to mountain bike. I worry that he won't be able to hire a guide and therefore bike alone on trails he knows nothing about in a country where he knows no one.

He has already secured a bike but I visualize mountains covered with ice and snow and unmarked areas with huge drop offs! Yes, I am mom!

Thanks all!!

more
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

Selva to Cortina

by MuratU Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Is it somehow possible to ski to Cortina from Selva and back before the lifts close? I hear the taxi ride is pretty expensive!! is that the only option?

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 1:12 AM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

Suggestions for accommodation and food

by MuratU Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit Selva in the second half of January and any tips with regards to hotels, bars, restaurants will be highly appreciated. I'd like to be based near the ciampioni lift to have better access to the slopes and Hotel Savoy, Hotel Linder and Hotel Laurin seem to be good choices?
      Also I'd like to ski in Cortina, is it possible to do a day tip and are there private transfers from Selva or scheduled buses for that matter? Thanks a bunch.

1 Answer Oct 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    • mumymama's Profile Photo

From Bolzano airport to Val Gardena?

by mumymama Online Now Oct 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Hi everybody! Is public transport from Bolzano aitport to Val Gardena available after 11 p.m.? Could you please advice accommodation for skiers within walking distance to a swimming pool? An apartment, a hut or BB would be nice. Have a nice day!

7 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 3:05 AM
    • restaurants in Selva

by aggebagge Online Now Sep 23, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hello

We are planning to visist Selva in april 2012 and I am trying to calculate how much we will spend. Can you give me a normal price for a dinner in the evening.

For example the price for a regular Pizza dinner? And the price for a regular pasta bolognese meal?
      We are thinking of book halfboard but I would like to have something to compare price with.
      Thanks

Agneta

2 Answers Sep 24, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    • times of operation of the Seceda cable car from Ortisei

by miadan Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 5:29 AM

We will be arriving in Ortisei September 21st and starting our hike on the 22nd. My question is: is the Seceda cable car open on that date??

Thank You

1 Answer Aug 15, 2011 at 5:35 AM
    • WIFI?

by skinonna Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 5:42 AM

the pension in which we are staying does not have wifi. Where is a hot spot?

• venice to selva di val gardena: public transport?

by vilkhoshan Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Hiya!
      we are booked to fly to venice trevisio airport and want to go to selva for a skiing holiday having booked accommodation there.

There is scarce information on how to get to Selva from Venice. Could anyone help please as we are flying on the 1st of april 07(not long to go!)

any help will be much appreciated.

thanks

3 Answers Mar 30, 2007 at 5:06 PM
    • jhnel's Profile Photo

Taxi in Selva?

by jhnel Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 10:15 PM

I will be staying about 2 KM from the centre of town (Selva) in September. I was told that there are NO busses to the house. How much would it cost in Euro to take a Taxi for such a short distance? Could one walk, or is it very steep?
      Any other information regarding the area will also be greatly appreciated.
      Ciao

2 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 3:44 AM
    • Public transport from/to Val Gardena/Cortina serving San Candido/Innsbruck railway station

by chrondi Online Now Aug 6, 2006 at 4:31 AM

Assuming that I reach San Candido railway station coming from Germany/Austria on a February 2007 skiing holiday together with kids, how can we move to/from Val Gardena/Cortina resorts early Saturday morning?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    • transportation

by marjraye Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 9:23 AM

We will be spending a ski week in Selva next march, would like to extend our stay to include a week in Venice. What is the transportation available between Selva and Venice?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2006 at 10:28 AM
    • nona4's Profile Photo

Average temperature during August

by nona4 Online Now Aug 9, 2005 at 12:40 PM

Hi !
      I'm going to Selva di Val Gardena in 1 week time. Just wanted to know what's the average temperature at this time of year. I know people normally go there during winter time for skiing, but myself and some friends decided to enjoy a short summer break in the mountain site. What kind of interesting things to do there in August apart from hiking and sightseeing ? Does it get cold during night time ? Do I still need thick clothes with me ? Thanx ; )

7 Answers Aug 11, 2005 at 12:44 PM
    • tinec78's Profile Photo

skiing in March

by tinec78 Online Now Nov 20, 2003 at 1:03 AM

As perfect as it is to ski Sella Ronda or better in Val Gardena during the winter months, how is the snow condition in March? Does anyone have any first hand experience? Thank you Tina

2 Answers Nov 20, 2003 at 7:42 AM