Selfoss Travel Answers

change location
IcelandTourist's Profile Photo

Things to do or see in Selfoss

by IcelandTourist Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 2:31 PM

I'll be in Selfoss for a few weeks and I'm trying to make sure I see all of the spectular sights in this region. I've seen the waterfall, the volcano and been to the Blue Lagoon. What else should I see?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do or see in Selfoss

by Cristian_Uluru Online Now Nov 16, 2004 at 10:59 AM

There is Reykjavik Peninsula with Blue Lagoon, Krisuvik..., Pingvellir, Geysir, Gulfoss, Hekla Vulcano, Vestmannaeyjar and more. For more see my pages or other VT pages about this place! Have a nice journey!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • erensm's Profile Photo

by erensm Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 5:21 PM

To the east, around Vik and Skogar are interesting sights like the waterfalls Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss, the black beach at Dyrholaey and the folk museum at Skogar. If you like waterfalls there are more than Gullfoss. An almost unknown one is on the road to Hella. Just before the bridge crosses the river Thjorsa turn right (downstream) . After two km you will find a waterfall Urridafoss. Upstream in the river Thjorsa, south of mount Burfell, are the Thjofafoss and Trollkonufoss. North of mount Burfell is the small but beautiful Hjalparfoss and a little inlands, the second highest waterfall of Iceland, the Haifoss. Nearby Hjalparfoss a replica of a viking farm was built. Around Hveragerdi are several hotspring area's. More hot springs are at the south west side of lake Thingvallavatn, at Nesjavellir. If you are interested in thermal energy, you can visit the nearby power station, (after making an appointement ). And you can fly from Bakki (east of Hvolsvoller) to the Westman islands.

• dassi's Profile Photo

by dassi Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 11:02 PM

If you have a day to spare I would say go all the way to this one : http://www.oraefi.is/jokulsarlon.htm This is east along the south coast about 250-300 km from selfoss on good roads and on the way you can look at Vik,Seljalandsfoss (waterfall) and Skogarfoss (waterfall) and by skogar there is a interesting museum aswell. If you need any mor info just ask and I will try to help. Bragi

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines