change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

almost a day in selcuk

by mindcrime Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM

we plan to arrive in Selcuk at about 18.00 and take the bus to Pamukkale the day after at 16.00.
      the first day is pretty easy, checking in at the hotel and then a dolmus to Sirence.
      the problem is the second day.
      I was thinking to take a dolmus early in the morning so to be back before check out (11.00).
      1)will we have to walk back to same entrance to catch a dolmus back to Selcuk?
      2)what should we do the rest of the day?
      3)should we stay in Selcuk and visit the museum and the basilica?
      4)is taxi the only option for Mary's home?

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

almost a day in selcuk

by mindcrime Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM

we plan to arrive in Selcuk at about 18.00 and take the bus to Pamukkale the day after at 16.00.
      the first day is pretty easy, checking in at the hotel and then a dolmus to Sirence.
      the problem is the second day.
      I was thinking to take a dolmus early in the morning so to be back before check out (11.00).
      1)will we have to walk back to same entrance to catch a dolmus back to Selcuk?
      2)what should we do the rest of the day?
      3)should we stay in Selcuk and visit the museum and the basilica?
      4)is taxi the only option for Mary's home?

31 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • how do I travel from selcuk to Pamkkale in March 2014

by rowena.maxwell Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 7:44 AM

how do I travel from selcuk to Pamkkale in March 2014

7 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • VictoriaP's Profile Photo

see in selcuk

by VictoriaP Online Now May 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM

is there accessible seecoast to and swim everyday?

1 Answer May 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • VictoriaP's Profile Photo

volunteer campus,gsm

by VictoriaP Online Now May 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

does anyone know something about volunteer campus in selcuk? gsm organisation??

• Bus transportation

by Oma1940 Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Can I get from Selcuk to Kas by bus in April 2013? What is the schedule? How long is the ride?

5 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    • From Selçuk to Pamukkale

by juliaBE Online Now Nov 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I'm planning my first trip to Turkey in May on my own and I haven't got much time. I need to know if its possible to do this part of the itinerary like this:
      From Izmir to Selcuk to visit Efeso, catch an evening bus to Pamukkale, spend the night there and see the sights the following morning. (Aphrodisias and the Pamukkale travertines). That very night we need to take a bus to Marmaris to catch the ferry to Rhodes. Is it too tight a schedule? Thanks for any piece of advice! Julia

7 Answers May 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Selcuk to Izmir to Ayvalik by bus?

by Annali-Floris Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Hi again!

I cannot seem to get a web site in English for bus schedules and prices.

We will be 4 adults travelling from Selcuk to Ayvalik on Saturday 16 June. We would like to spend some time at the market in Selcuk before we leave for Ayvalik.

Will there be frequent buses travelling this route on a Saturday? How much time will it take more or less to get to Ayvalik and how much does it cost?

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Answer Apr 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM
    • patara to selcuk

by wib Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM

After many changes Iam know decided to spend tree or more days in Patara. Found a great hotel. From Patara I would like to go to Selcuk by bus. How I proceed. Also I would like to know how long it will take, Iam almost sure that I would have to change buses, be it at Denizli, Aydin or Izmir. I tried all those combinations in Google and could not find an answer. Got great information from Canmon (bus schedule). Second, I would like to spend 3 or 4 days in Selcuk, if anyone knows a nice hotel, quiet, clean, good shower. (personal experience is always good). Thank you all so much, this site has helped me enourmously, this is I hope my last question.
      Wib

3 Answers Sep 7, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    • zenastar's Profile Photo

Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by zenastar Online Now May 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I am trying to find an inexpensive lodging in Sirince that is under100 a night for a double. It would be for the beginning of September. All the places I find online are much more expensive than Selcuk. Is it worth it to stay there and pay more?

5 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    • narmer_03's Profile Photo

Question regarding Selcuk, Aphrodisias, Pamukkale, Fethiye

by narmer_03 Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Is it possible to visit Aphrodisias from Selcuk using public transportation? We would like to continue on to Pamukkale spend the night and visit the travertines and Hierapolis next day morning and catch the bus to Fethiye ~13:30. Is this doable? What are our options.

Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    • Bus From Selcuk To Pamukkale

by btlim123 Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 2:29 AM

I will be arriving in Selcuk a day before (afternoon) and will do a ephesus day tour the next day before evening bus to Pamukkale. I have checked around and the only bus that go straight to Pamukkale (not Denizli) is Ege Koop which depart at 4.30pm. Is there enough time for me to see around by 4pm and if not , is there any other bus that goes to pamukkale ( or denzili).

2 Answers Oct 6, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    • leila12's Profile Photo

Pammukale

by leila12 Online Now Sep 1, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I would like to take a day trip to Pammukale and Aphrodisias from Selcuk. Can anyone recommend a good company for this? Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    • Hotel Bella in Selcuk

by emutran Online Now Apr 29, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hotel Bella has many, many positive reviews. Has anyone stayed there? Also the hotel offers free trips to Ephesus, and tours to other places such as Pergamum. I am not sure of the fee for these tours. How can I judge if the fee they ask is reasonable?

Thanks.

4 Answers May 5, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Transportation in Selcuk

by abbasathar Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Could any one suggest cheapest transportation from Izmir airport to Selcuk. We are four in a family.

Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    • Time schedule for Pamukkale to Selcuk

by kellyly Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Is there any direct bus from Pamukkale to Selcuk? Or, do I need to go to Denizli first? What is the estimated travelling time for this trip? And when is the last bus departs? Thanks very much for your help in advance.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    • Any bus from Pamukkale to Selcuk?

by kellyly Online Now Mar 27, 2009 at 2:50 AM

I will go to Selcuk next week
      And i can't found any bus (I check Pamukkale Turizm online time table)
      Pamukkale -> Selcuk
      or Pamukkale -> Denizli -> Selcuk

Another bus company?

Thank you so much!!!

1 Answer Mar 27, 2009 at 3:21 AM
    • Local Bus from Denizli to Selcuk

by firsttimeinturkey Online Now Dec 7, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Hi has anyone taken the local bus from Denizli to Selcuk? Is there a transfer at Aydin?

If I want to reach Selcuk directly what should I do?

I got confused where these buses stop and where to hop onto another to another destination.

By the way are the bus station at Izmir the same? Meaning bus from selcuk and bus leaving for Cesme is the same station at Izmir?

2 Answers Dec 9, 2008 at 7:45 AM
    • transportation from Selcuk to Istanbul

by travelorzheng Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Hi,

Is there anyone know if there is public bus transportation service directly from Selcuk to Istanbul. If yes, what is leaving and arrival time. Your reply would be highly appreciate.

1 Answer Sep 9, 2008 at 10:55 PM
    • Day trip to Pamukkale from Selcuk?

by rachelhfromusa Online Now Jun 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Hello,

I will be in Selcuk in August and I'm interested in arranging a day trip for myself and a friend (both in our 20s) from Selcuk to Pamukkale (and back to Pamukkale that night). I am wondering whether any tour companies have a day trip like this that we could book (for Thursday, August 14).

Thanks,
      Rachel

2 Answers May 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • Selcuk, Troy, Pergamom, Pamukkale

by travelermark Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Im a few weeks out from a 5 day stay in Turkey and am landing in Istanbul. I’ve decided to spend 2 full days in Istanbul and have allocated the other 3 for traveling elsewhere. There are so many sites to see around turkey and im overwhelmed with the choices and sacrifices I will need to make. And don’t know what sites are worth seeing more. Can anyone help me?
      Apart from Gallipoli and Selcuk(Ephesus) which I know I really want to go to, im curious to know if its worth cramping in a visit to troy, and if i should choose to visit Pergamom or Pamukkale as time is restricting me!!

Spending 1 day at Ephesus and starting off at Gallipoli are a must. What would be the best way to go about spending my 3 days around turkey outside of Istanbul?

6 Answers Jun 5, 2008 at 12:52 PM
    • Izmir to Selcuk- traveling around 01:00 (AM); please help

by tTravelcer Online Now May 11, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Hi, I am traveling from Izmir to Selcuk by bus and wish to leave the Izmir airport/bus station around 01:30 (1:30 AM). Are there buses that travel this early and is it safe? Thank you!

1 Answer May 13, 2008 at 2:30 PM
    • emoja's Profile Photo

The Paris Hotel in Selcuk

by emoja Online Now Oct 26, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Paris Hotel in Selcuk? Have any reviews? The website is at http://parishotelephesus.com/ and doesn't have enough pictures. It's been hard to find many reviews about the hotel online either. Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 20, 2008 at 1:06 AM
    • Theophorus's Profile Photo

Art Galleries?

by Theophorus Online Now Apr 24, 2007 at 9:25 AM

Question:

Is there any art gallery and art supply store in Selcuk or Kusadasi? I mean NOT fine art museum - but stores that sale art work, frames etc. and paper, charcoal, colors etc.

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    • Çanakkule > Bergama > Selçuk ?

by rawpaul Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 12:12 PM

We'd like to stop and see Pergamum while travelling from Çanakkule to Selçuk, but I've been told that the main bus route from Çanakkule to Izmir/Selçuk does not pass through Bergama (30 km off the route). Is it feasible to get from Çanakkule to Bergama, visit the sites at Pergamum and then get to Selçuk that night ? I believe it takes 2-3 from Çanakkule > Bergama and about the same from Bergama > Selçuk, so if we left early in the morning and we willing to arrive at Selçuk in the evening, it seems we should be able to fit about 6 hours in at Pergamum. Or am I dreaming ?

But I have no idea how to arrange the travel to and from Bergama. Can anyone make suggestions ?

(We only have one full day in Selçuk, and most of another day, and we want to fit in Ephesus and a day trip to Pamukkale. So we won't be able to fit in a day trip to Pergamum from Selçuk)

3 Answers Apr 21, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    • Ephesus

by stevestrips Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Looking for a tour company or private guide with an A/C vehicle to show us Ephesus for a day or so must be english speaking with a sense of humour

9 Answers Jul 25, 2007 at 2:54 AM
    • SELCUK-PAMUKALE-IZMIR

by stevestrips Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 6:10 PM

We are 4 adults looking to travel from Selcuk to Izmir via Pamukale leave the morning of May 11th travel to Pamukale then arrive the evening in Izmir.
      Looking for a guide or travel company that does this type of trip.
      must have A/C vehicle and references
      rgds
      steve

1 Answer Feb 3, 2007 at 10:15 AM
    • Selcuk to IZMIR Airport

by samtsai1974 Online Now Oct 14, 2006 at 9:30 AM

I am looking for a bus or train timetable from Selcuk to Izmir Airport.
      I need to arrive Izmir Airport between 10;00-10:30am.
      From web, I have learnt train takes longer time than bus.
      but if i take the bus, do i have to change to train in the Izmir city ?

Thanks a lots !!

Regards,

2 Answers Oct 22, 2006 at 3:30 AM
    • Dave30's Profile Photo

Selcuk

by Dave30 Online Now Jun 6, 2006 at 2:28 AM

Hello,

I have recently rented a house in Selcuk for a few months. If anyone is living or visiting here I would be pleased to meet up with them for a chat and coffee.

Dave

2 Answers Jun 19, 2008 at 7:09 AM