Selcuk Travel Answers

change location
zenastar's Profile Photo

Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by zenastar Online Now May 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I am trying to find an inexpensive lodging in Sirince that is under100 a night for a double. It would be for the beginning of September. All the places I find online are much more expensive than Selcuk. Is it worth it to stay there and pay more?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by Donna_in_India Online Now May 11, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Hi - we stayed at the Urkmez Hotel in Selcuk (http://www.urkmezhotel.com/). We had a great stay there. Owned and run by 2 brothers who are really helpful - and nice. Hotel/rooms are clean and comfortable. Rooms were ensuite, had TV and WiFi - ours even had a balcony. Loved the (free) breakfast buffet on the rooftop terrace - with great views of a fort and the storks. Location was great - right in the middle of tons of restaurants and shops, down a short block to the aqueduct ruins where the storks nest. Be sure to visit the weekly market if you're around at the time. I'd definitely recommend staying here. It's budget-priced but definitely not "budget". I'm not sure why you chose Sirince over Selcuk - we did visit Sirince. It was fine for a visit but I'm glad we stayed in Selcuk. Have a great time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zenastar's Profile Photo

Re: Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by zenastar Online Now May 12, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I read that Sirince is much quainter than Selcuk. Did you find Selcuk to be an attractive city? The hotel you stayed in is the one I was looking at as an option in Selcuk.

• Re: Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by Tommmo Online Now May 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Selcuk is a great friendly and affordable town and walking distance from Ephesis too. sirince is a few km. up a mountain road and is only for tourists trying wine tasting. Staying there is expensive and maybe even boring ...

• Re: Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by cune8 Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 5:35 AM

All information you need about Selcuk Ephesus. Definetly visit www.selcukephesus.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines