Selcuk Travel Answers

change location
zenastar's Profile Photo

Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by zenastar Online Now May 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I am trying to find an inexpensive lodging in Sirince that is under100 a night for a double. It would be for the beginning of September. All the places I find online are much more expensive than Selcuk. Is it worth it to stay there and pay more?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by Donna_in_India Online Now May 11, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Hi - we stayed at the Urkmez Hotel in Selcuk (http://www.urkmezhotel.com/). We had a great stay there. Owned and run by 2 brothers who are really helpful - and nice. Hotel/rooms are clean and comfortable. Rooms were ensuite, had TV and WiFi - ours even had a balcony. Loved the (free) breakfast buffet on the rooftop terrace - with great views of a fort and the storks. Location was great - right in the middle of tons of restaurants and shops, down a short block to the aqueduct ruins where the storks nest. Be sure to visit the weekly market if you're around at the time. I'd definitely recommend staying here. It's budget-priced but definitely not "budget". I'm not sure why you chose Sirince over Selcuk - we did visit Sirince. It was fine for a visit but I'm glad we stayed in Selcuk. Have a great time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zenastar's Profile Photo

by zenastar Online Now May 12, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I read that Sirince is much quainter than Selcuk. Did you find Selcuk to be an attractive city? The hotel you stayed in is the one I was looking at as an option in Selcuk.

• Re: Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by Tommmo Online Now May 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Selcuk is a great friendly and affordable town and walking distance from Ephesis too. sirince is a few km. up a mountain road and is only for tourists trying wine tasting. Staying there is expensive and maybe even boring ...

• Re: Lodgings Sirince or Selcuk

by cune8 Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 5:35 AM

All information you need about Selcuk Ephesus. Definetly visit www.selcukephesus.com

• toosahn's Profile Photo

by toosahn Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I lived in Selcuk. In my opinion, it is not worth it. Sirince is closed at night, while there are still restaurants and local places open in the evenings in Selcuk. If you want inexpensive lodging, Selcuk is better and has hotels with a variety of price ranges. You can take a minibus to Sirince for 2.5 TL and they run frequently, probably every 20 min from the Otogar.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines