Selcuk Travel Answers

change location
abbasathar's Profile Photo

Transportation in Selcuk

by abbasathar Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Could any one suggest cheapest transportation from Izmir airport to Selcuk. We are four in a family.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation in Selcuk

by Tuna_ank Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Unfortunately there is not direct connection. First you have to go to Gaziemir by minibus or taxi. (Very close) From there you must take minibus for Selcuk.
    Have a nice trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sirvictor's Profile Photo

by Sirvictor Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM

Selamulaleykum Abbas brother, Wellcome to Turkey. I am sure you will feel yourself good in Turkey.

The Bus to Selcuk from Izmir goes some 5 kms away from Adnan Menderes International Airport. To reach there you must take a taxi. Tell the driver that you will to Selcuk. The bus stops at TANSAS on righthand side of the highway for passengers to Selcuk.
    There are busses 06,55, 07,35, 08,05, 08,40 in the early morning but after. 08,40 there is every 40 minutes a bus to Selcuk til 19:00. after 19:00 there is only one bus at 21,50'de. The bus company is "Sel├žuk Efes" (0232 892 39 79).

I think all the taxi drivers speak or understand English but ı write for you information a Turkish sentence that yo couldshow the taxidriver.
    "Selck'a gitmek istiyorum. Lutfen benim Selcuk otobusune binmeme yardim ediniz."
    English. "I want to take the bus to Selcuk. Please be kind to transfer me to the Selcuk Bus"
    You will do the same senario while returning to airport from Selcuk

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo

by Sirvictor Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 6:22 AM

Dear Abbas, We never forgot how the Indian Muslims supported with money, manpower and medical equipments our War of Liberation during the years 1919-22. We never forget how the Indian muslim soldiers serving in the British Indian Army colloborated with our national forces leaving their posts and joining our side. The Greatest Turkish Bank "Turkiye Is Bankasi A.S." was founded by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk in 1926 with the capital spended by Indian Muslims.
    All for those matters well come to your country. may you came similing and return smiling.

• abbasathar's Profile Photo

by abbasathar Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Thank you friend. It was great to receive such warmth in your reply. We can positively look forward to a great time in Turkey - Inshallah!

Khuda Hafiz

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines