Selcuk Travel Answers

change location

Local Bus from Denizli to Selcuk

by firsttimeinturkey Online Now Dec 7, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Hi has anyone taken the local bus from Denizli to Selcuk? Is there a transfer at Aydin?

If I want to reach Selcuk directly what should I do?

I got confused where these buses stop and where to hop onto another to another destination.

By the way are the bus station at Izmir the same? Meaning bus from selcuk and bus leaving for Cesme is the same station at Izmir?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Sirvictor's Profile Photo

Re: Local Bus from Denizli to Selcuk

by Sirvictor Online Now Dec 7, 2008 at 4:26 AM

There is no transfer at Aydin. You will be travelling in the same bus and seat to Selcuk via Aydin from Denizli. While you are buying the ticket you must say to the men at desk that you will go to Selcuk. He gives your ticket to Selcuk. I am not sure but I think the bus stops at Aydin for an half an hour for new passengers. Dont go away for loking around you may lost yor bus. During short intervals for a toilette notice the traffic number of the bus. If you get lost you can have at least the traffic number. The people will help you. There is a hop to another bus only between small willages. eg. In Denizli you must hop a minibus to Cotton Castle. Between big cities there is no transfer.

To Cesme? You must ask the bus office in Selcuk if they have a direct bus service to Cesme. If they dont you must go to Izmir. At izmir's main bus station you must ask the bus company to Cesme. The bus office to Cesme is also in the same station.
    Dont be confused it is very easy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Local Bus from Denizli to Selcuk

by firsttimeinturkey Online Now Dec 9, 2008 at 7:45 AM

Thanks all...

I'm more rest assured now. However, the website is in turkish. Still trying to figure out +)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines