Selcuk Travel Answers

change location

Day trip to Pamukkale from Selcuk?

by rachelhfromusa Online Now Jun 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Hello,

I will be in Selcuk in August and I'm interested in arranging a day trip for myself and a friend (both in our 20s) from Selcuk to Pamukkale (and back to Pamukkale that night). I am wondering whether any tour companies have a day trip like this that we could book (for Thursday, August 14).

Thanks,
Rachel

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • June.b's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip to Pamukkale from Selcuk?

by June.b Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 11:28 PM

NO response? I hope this ain't late.

Rachel, if you are making Selcuk as your base in exploring Pamukkale - great choice! I would say, you dont have to worry that much about day trips to Pamukkale from Selcuk because most of the hotels, hostels or any accommodations in Selcuk could arrange that for you.

When we were there last year, our accommodations "Urkmez Hotel" - a really budget, affordable and highly recommended place managed by the tandem of Cem & Cucu (pronounced Jem & Juju) arranged for the 3 of us to join in a group in a small bus that leaves Selcuk bus station to Pamukkale at around 9AM and pick us up again from Pamukkale back to Selcuk at about 3PM.

So go ahead, ask your accommodation and/or ask those bus companies in Selcuk bus station because they basically know that and for sure someone there will offer that upon your arrival. Be specific though that you mention that you want to join a group / minibus tour, not a personal tour, and ask the cost immediately, so you're sure that you are joining a group tour.

Costs us about YTL35 as far as I can remember per person, transport back and forth. The advantage is the minibus goes direct to Pamukkale, unlike if you go on your own, you have to figure out everything and there is a connecting transport from Denizli town. I hope that helps. Check out also details of that in my Selcuk and Ephesus pages.

Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • EmreSelcuk's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip to Pamukkale from Selcuk?

by EmreSelcuk Online Now May 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM

There are many agencies in Selcuk that does the Pamukkale-Hierapolis tour. All of them are the same schedule pretty much. Basically it is like this:

Pick up at around 8
    Lunch in Pamukkale around 12.00/13.00
    Visiting Pamukkale travertines and Hierapolis ancient city for few hours
    Return at 4.30
    And drop off to your hotel around 8.00 o'clock in the evening.

If you need more information you can visit travelselcuk.com/pamukkale-h...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines