Segovia Travel Answers

change location
T-and-K's Profile Photo

Live traditional guitar music in bar/restaurant

by T-and-K Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I wonder if there are some nice bars or restaurants in Segovia that play live traditional Spanish guitar music? Even on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings? We're staying two nights in Segovia in April and would love to experience good, traditional Spanish guitar music.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Live traditional guitar music in bar/restaurant

by gwened Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

dont know any, the disco I know Elen plays modern music and is near the Cathedral at calle de los escuderos.
    Aqqueducto at Avenida Padre Claret, 2 on the other side of the aqueduct pass Meson Candido plays some live music but modern type,not been in it.

hope it helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: Live traditional guitar music in bar/restaurant

by Belsaita Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 7:50 AM

The problem is that what you probably have in mind as "traditional Spanish guitar music" is as traditional from Segovia than from Helsinki... What many tourists assume its "Spanish music" its only traditional from Andalusia.

For instance, this is traditional music from Segovia:
    youtube.com/watch?v=e9p6yk3C...

Any place in Segovia, especially a restaurant, with live "Spanish" guitar music would scream tourist-trap to me. Unless it is a regular concert venue, church, bar, whatever... with live music, that on particular day it happened to be "Spanish" guitar.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines