Segovia Travel Answers

change location
milugares's Profile Photo

How far is Segovia Guiomar AVE station from city centrum?

by milugares Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 12:44 PM

In Renfe website I found AVE station in called Segovia Guiomar but nowhere to find its address or how far it is from Segovia Center (lets say around acueduct).
Anyone knows the name of the street?
Is there a line bus which runs *frequently* between AVe station and center?
How much could cost a taxi?

En la página de Renfe no hay manera de encontrar información sobre la estación Segovia Guiomar del AVE.
¿Está muy a las afueras? ¿En que calle o carretera?
¿Hay buses frecuentes al centro (incluso en agosto? ¿cuanto podría costar un taxi desde la estación al centro, cerca del acueducto?

Muchas gracias!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: How far is Segovia Guiomar AVE station from city centrum?

by qaminari Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM

AVE station is about 5km outside the centre of the city and yes there are public buses (no. 11) to the aqueduct, roughly every 15 mins, no doubt also in August. I don't know how much it would cost by taxi but it's only about 10 minutes.
    descubrelaaltavelocidad.com/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nomad7890's Profile Photo

by nomad7890 Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 2:48 PM

After they "improved" the Renfe site it's difficult to find anything. If I go down to "consulta de todos los trenes y trayectos" you see a plain Segovia destination.

When we went to Segovia (from Madrid) we just took a Cercanias, got off in what appeared to be the main station, and walked all the way to all the major things to see.

Cochinillo en la Casa del Duque - riquisimo!

Not sure if the issue is the connections from the direction in which you're coming ...

But I find that in the last resort, I can always send them an email and ask ... it's a challenge to find the email link but it's hidden there somewhere around the Atencion al Cliente box.

• milugares's Profile Photo

by milugares Online Now Aug 8, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Thanks to you all for your replies.

Well, in the end, it wasn´t that difficult. Bus nr. 11 connects the AVE station with the city very efficiently.

I'll write a tip about it in short.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines