Seefeld in Tirol Travel Answers

change location
pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Train from Munich to Seefeld in Tirol

by pepemorris11 Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Hi all, I just had a wonderful time in Seefeld. so good that we want to go back and spend late nov and early dec there. will be there from 22 nov till 13 dec.
We reached seefeld via salzburg but this time we will be flying in from munich.
Know i have to take an S-bahn from the airport to Munich Hbf and from there train to seefeld. wondering if anyone knows the train ticket (return) for 2 adults . i went into de bahn website in english but couldn't get the price. not very good at this. is it cheaper to buy a return or no difference and do i need to make reservations. Can i go on the day itself to the train station and buy my tickets?i dont know how it is going to be like in the skiing season. assume it will be busy. i have never had to make reservations on trains before but i dont know. would appreciate help from anyone on any tips re transport from munich to seefeld.

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Re: Train from Munich to Seefeld in Tirol

by lotharscheer Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Single ticket Munich to Seefeld via Garmisch Partenkirchen is € 27,80 each way, a bit cheaper, Bayernticket € 29 for up to 5 persons the hole day in Bavaria or Bayernticket Nacht, the same after 6 in the evening), plus single ticket from Mittenwald to Seefeld € 7,40 each way (online or vending machine, a bit more at the ticket counter).
    bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/prices...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Train from Munich to Seefeld in Tirol

by K_V_B Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I went to www.bahn.de and could look up prices without any problem for this trip. Normal price using regional trains is 34,- one way for München - Flughafen -> Seefeld in Tirol. However this is probably not the best thing to buy.
    (Pay attention however that 13 dec is in the new timetable, which is not online yet, so you need to look up times using another date. That might be the reason why you wouldn't find your info)

The most economical way to get to Seefeld is to take regional trains. S-Bahn to München, and then the Regionexpress to Innsbruck, which runs every two hours. This train stops in Seefeld, so you only have to change trains once.
    Buy a "bayern ticket" which is valid for up to five persons, and which is valid till Mittenwald, and which costs 29,- Buy a seperate ticket for Mittenwald - Seefeld (for 7,40 each). You can buy all these tickets at the ticket desk at the Airport station.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 2:26 PM

and for all of these trains is no need to make reservations in advance ! Buy them in the ticket-machine shortly before you go, most tickets are valid only on the same day, OR you have to press some buttons in that machine to buy them for another day.
    Calculate maybe 15 min extra for the ticket-machines, they are not always easy to understand and there might also be lots of people beeing ahead of you in the queue !

• pepemorris11's Profile Photo

by pepemorris11 Online Now Oct 14, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Thank you so much.

by pepemorris11 Online Now Nov 12, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Two questions , please regarding this bayern ticket.
    1)As a non- EU member, am I eligible to buy this ticket?
    2)Is it possible to buy a return ticket?

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

by lotharscheer Online Now Nov 12, 2011 at 1:47 AM

No problem for buying the Bayernticket for a non- EU member, you can use it also for return journey (on the same day), € 2 more expensive if you buy it at the railway booking office then at the ticket machine.
    In general return tickets are not cheaper.

by pepemorris11 Online Now Nov 13, 2011 at 2:33 AM

thanks

• Re: Train from Munich to Seefeld in Tirol

by jessnutella Online Now May 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Hi I was just wondering how you spent your day in Seefeld? Also how was your experience with the ticketing machines? I will be heading there at the end of December with a short stopover at Mittenwald beforehand.

by pepemorris11 Online Now May 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Sorry for being late in answering. We love Seefeld so much that we will be going back there in late October till November this year. this will be our 4th time there. If you go at the end of December, you may miss the Christmas markets. Do you ski? This is a ski resort.
    When we go, we do walks. There are little towns in the area that you can walk to and back again.
    walkseefeld.com/seefeld-info...
    ultimate-ski.com/ski-resorts...
    check out these websites.
    Mittenwald is just as pretty and maybe less than half hour by train .
    are you thinking of staying in mittenwald ? or seefeld?
    we stayed in mittenwald too last year and we stayed at a lovely place run by a lady called Karin and her husband. they own an italian restaurant, too very reasonable and perfect italian food.
    Innsbruck is only a short train ride away.
    we stayed in seefeld for 3 weeks always. it's our little niche . december should be peak period so accomodation will not be so cheap then.
    hope this helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Seefeld in Tirol