Seefeld in Tirol Travel Answers

change location
pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Seefeld in October

by pepemorris11 Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 6:41 AM

I am not a skier but thinking of visiting Seefeld in October.What would the weather be like?And would it be good and easy to hike around the area? Would supermarkeets and public transport be running or would it be a ghost town?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Re: Seefeld in October

by pepemorris11 Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 6:42 AM

Or would it be better to go in september?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

by Maurizioago Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I am sure supermarkets are opened all year like everywhere. There is one in the town center. I think its name is Spar.

I visited Seefeld in the winter and there were lots of people there. That town is some 40 minutes from Innsbruck by train.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM

September is certainly a better time, but when you are lucky the weather is fine and still warm enough.
    For skiing it might be too early anyway, supermarkets will be open, but I dont know about cablecars etc.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM

If you can go in September, do that. Days are longer and the weather better. The days get shorter in October and the rains will start. You probably won't see snow in October and it won't be a ghost town in either month. As soon as school starts, the retired folks start their vacations so you will have plenty of company and most things will be open. I would prefer hiking in September just because your chances of rain are lower. However, no one can predict the weather and nearly anything can happen so plan your hiking but have a backup plan in case it rains.

Enjoy a beautiful area.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 5:58 PM

You cannot call it a ghosttown in autumn at all. Seefeld has nearly as many visitors in summer as in winter - which is a bit unusual for a winter sport region. On weekends, of course, more people than during the week as it is centrally located and easy to reach for weekend visitors. When the weather is fine there is an influx of hikers and mountainbikers, also paragliders. (Also golf, tennis, nordic walking and skating are popular but no-one would go there just for that.)

The weather is always a hit and miss. Sometimes September is rainy, followed by a golden October, sometimes it is just the other way round. At the altitude Seefeld is located you can experience cold snaps in October. Usually you do not get snow at this time of year. I have been there several times in July and August, every time the weather was fantastic.

Hiking is fantastic - as you already start at 1200 metres altitude. There are endless possibilities and tracks for all levels. Here you find the more challenging ones:

seefeld.com/de/sommer/sport_...

Here in English:

seefeld.com/en/sommer/sport_...

Cablecars etc. operate year-round.

seefeld-sports.at/de/bergbah...

For all enquiries the www.seefeld.com website offers great information.

• pepemorris11's Profile Photo

by pepemorris11 Online Now Aug 14, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Thank you all for your excellent advice. Now to book my air ticket:)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Seefeld in Tirol