Seefeld in Tirol Travel Answers

change location
babypuffolina's Profile Photo

Whch ski resort, Seefeld or Neustift?

by babypuffolina Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Hi,
i`m travelling to Austria on the 20th january-29th january, with my husband and daughter. We`re flying to munich airport, and planning on staying 7 nights in a ski resort and 2 back in munich so not to have to travel for hours to get back to the airport the day we are leaving.I`ve been advised Seefeld and Neustift, but i`m confused between the 2. We`re a young family i`m just gone 26, my husband is 31 and our daughter is 6 so we`re looking for a nice family resort with plenty to do as we are not skiers, (but will probably give it a go), nice shops, good pubs, plenty of snow in the village, so that we don`t end up being bored. I was very interested in St. Anton but was advised not to go as it wouldn`t be suitable for families because it`s too lively. as i said we don`t mind livelyness as long as it`s not unsuitable to bring a child.
Has anybody got any good suggestions? Another option i was told to take is to wait last minute to see if there will be snow at resorts like Kitzbuhel or Zell am See. Kitzbuhel would be ideal for us but i`m afraid there won`t be snow!
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Re: Whch ski resort, Seefeld or Neustift?

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Seefeld has lots of cafes, restaurants and accomodations. It isn't far from Innsbruck, so that you can visit that beautiful city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

by qaminari Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 12:16 PM

I don't know Neustifft but Seefeld is definitely suitable, in my opinion much more so in your circumstances than Kitzbühel.

• Re: Whch ski resort, Seefeld or Neustift?

by stellamia Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM

YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THE SNOW!
    I can only give you one advice . as a ski-instructor- leave your expetations at home or in Utah. I have seen snow here and there but never expect it, be prepared for it. That is the case here. All the winter skiing locations will be prepared for everyone who wants to ski up to perfection! Go to Kitzbühel, everybody will be waiting for you - I mean it - and they need the Dollars!
    Stellamia,

• delcity's Profile Photo

by delcity Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM

snow at certain resorts at a certain time of the year is not a sure thing now like it was 20 years ago. i would look at the resorts that have snow cannons.
    you do not have to make room reservations. but i would try to make room reservations near one if not at one.
    you can check out my page for some information on the resorts that my family used from 1955 to 1995. and what they where like in 2005 according to several ski resort reviews.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Oct 19, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Neustift is a very nice place and next to Stubaier Gletscher - the Stubai glacier. The glacier is Austria's biggest glacier ski resort, so has safe snow, plenty of lifts. The Stubai Valley (Stubaital) also has lots of facilities for tobogganing which is wonderful for children AND grown-ups, just do not crash into the rocks LOL I have been there many times, and even in times of little snowfall you will always have snow on the glacier. They also offer a lot of other activities, for example "jeeping" (4WD tours in the mountains, rustic meals at alpine farm houses), horseback riding tours, etc.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Seefeld in Tirol