Seefeld in Tirol Travel Answers

change location

Help

by thomasmuirhead Online Now Dec 23, 2006 at 3:49 PM

I fly to Munich with my wife on 10 2/07 and i may consider traveling on to Seefeld can anybody recomend a coach or taxi firm

Kind Regards,

Thomas Muirhead.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • PaulKirk's Profile Photo

RE: Help

by PaulKirk Online Now Dec 23, 2006 at 11:18 PM

You can do it easier by train.Take the s-bahn into Munich Hauptbahnhof and take the train to Innsbruck. Check out the www.Bahn.de site for timetables and prices. Trains are every two hours at 32 minutes past the hour and the standard cost is 24 euros but you should get a cheap weekend ticket. It takes about 45 minutes from the airport then about 2 hours 15 from the Hauptbahnhof. It's a beautiful journey once you get beyond Starnberg. If Seefeld is a poor connection think about going to Garmisch. It's the same line but trains are every hour.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lotharlerch's Profile Photo

by lotharlerch Online Now Dec 23, 2006 at 11:40 PM

Be careful! When going by train from Munich Hauptbahnhof to Seefeld to take a train to Innsbruck which goes to Innsbruck VIA GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN! Most trains from Munich to Innsbruck go via Rosenheim and Kufstein which would mean that you would have to change the train in Innsbruck and to go to Seefeld from there which would be much longer.

I am sure that in thte previous entry means the trains going via Garmisch-Partenkirchen butt it should be mentioned to avoid errors.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Dec 24, 2006 at 6:57 AM

a taxi for that distance will be at least 300 euros !

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo

by lotharlerch Online Now Dec 24, 2006 at 7:54 AM

You can use the"Four Seasons Travel" shuttle service from Munich airport to any place in Tirol (right to the door). See their services here:

airport-transfer.com/index2....

The website is in German and English.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Seefeld in Tirol