Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mule riding

Grand Canyon Apr 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Does the west rim offer mule rides?

more
    • finding rental

Bisbee Mar 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

What is the best way to locate a rental in Bisbee. I would like to move there soon.

more
    • Sunrise Location along South Rim?

Grand Canyon National Park Apr 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I am planning to take my wife to the Grand Canyon for her birthday and want to be there for the sunrise in June. Will be driving most of the night and arriving to the Grand Canyon Village area sometime around 4am. From what I've read it seems you can enter the park at any time of day.

Wondering if there is a good place(s) we could drive our car to and park to see the sunrise (from the car); possible short walk ok too (as we'll be driving all night and probably not up for a major hike).

Thanks

more
    • Biosphere 2

Tucson Mar 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM

do you need reservations to visit Biosphere 2?

more
    • party advice

Scottsdale Mar 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Hey guys. Are there still pool parties in scottsdale during mid september? Also what hotel would be best for 4 single guys, thanks!

more
    • Areas in Phoenix for Young Single Professionals to live

Phoenix Apr 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM

My daughter is moving to Phoenix for a sales job - turf Phoenix and points North.
      Would appreciate any information on where best to live/rent/house share. She loves exercise and walkible areas.

more
    • WA state visitors- via Palm Springs drive to Prescott~

Prescott Apr 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM

My honey and I are planning a road trip after landing in Ontario Cali. First leg is from Palm Springs to Prescott. I'd like to know if there are any cool things for us to see/do either on the way, or IN prescott. We love retro type things, love walking (not up for a big hike this trip), eating and drinking, and taking pics. Once we get to Prescott, how long would you think we'd need to feel like we experienced it?
      THank you!!

more
    • One Day Itinerary to Grand Canyon- South Rim

Grand Canyon National Park Apr 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM

what's the best itinerary, traveling from Las Vegas hotel via car to Grand Canyon south rim. Planning to camp for only one night and would like to see hoover dam. Not sure if I should tour hoover dam prior to arriving GC. My main focus of the trip is viewing sunset and sunrise from viewpoints.

more
    • Dlee's Profile Photo

where to stay for two night

Grand Canyon Apr 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM

We are going on a road trip to GC tomorrow. My mom and dad just passed and we need some time away. Only 5 days apart. We need WiFi in room People need to get hold of us with information. We need clean room for sure.

more
    • grocery shopping, car repairs, tv viewing, movie theaters

by hawaiitransplant Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Where do locals shop for groceries, have their cars serviced, go to the doctor or see a movie?

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • shop search

by huntlorna Online Now Jan 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I'm looking for the name of the boutique up from Pink Jeep kitty corner from the visitors center on 89

5 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 2:15 AM
    • What to pack the last week in December/ 1st of Jan

by kmktravis Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Hi,
      We are headed to Sedona Dec 28 - Jan 1. I'm not sure what you pack/wear for our day hiking trips. I've read layers, but in particular I'm wondering about pants. Can we wear what we hike in right to a dinner location or is that too casual? Any recommendations?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    • Safety in Sedona Traveling Alone

by aimees2 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Is it safe to hike in the Sedona area by ones self?

Is it safe during the day to walk from hotels and shopping/dinning/gallery areas by ones self?

Is it safe in Sedona area to take a taxi during the day or early evening when traveling by ones self?

Any other tips great tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you....Aimee

4 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • Indian Burial Ritual

by sheetz0507 Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

My boyfriend wants to have the traditional Indian burial ritual where they put the body on a raised platform and burn it so the spirit flows into the cosmos. Any suggestions on how to arrange this when I need to do it?

9 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    • Foxybluerae's Profile Photo

Seeking Positive Spiritual Experiences

by Foxybluerae Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM

As a lone female traveler, are there any concerns to be aware of? Also, I am looking for the best spiritual stores and healers in Sedona. Does anyone have suggestions?

3 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    • tracyncats's Profile Photo

traveling to Sedona alone, what to do!?

by tracyncats Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Is it difficult to find things to do when traveling alone to Sedona? I am very interested in the spiritual and artistic, what do you recommend?

10 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    • Travelling on my own

by abk31 Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I am a single woman late 30s and travelling on my own looking for a little spiritual relief and was wondering where to stay and how safe the area is for a woman on her own

3 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    • Looking for a specific Oak Creek Outlet outdoor vendor

by CRD1017 Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

When I visited Sedona last year, I went to an outdoor market at the Oak Creek Factory Outlets. There was a man who had a table of sterling silver jewelry. His jewelry did not tend to be Native American. He had some very nice dragonfly charms and pendants. I know this is a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if anyone might be familiar with him. I would like to purchase a piece of his jewelry. He told me he lived in Arizona, but not Sedona. He is a silversmith., but he had retired from another profession.

1 Answer Jun 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    • Love2Mimi's Profile Photo

Good place to stay...not frou frou!!

by Love2Mimi Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I'm traveling to Sedona in mid April and would like to stay for a week. I am there for a conference but would like to bring my family as well. Does anyone know a good place to stay in a cabin or vacation rental that is reasonably priced and close to everything?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Must Do Things in Sedona?

by Agraichen Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Finally knocking one off my bucket list. A photo weekend in Sedona, AZ. I've got Tlaquepaque, Bell Rock, Courthouse Bute, Red Rock Crossing, Holy Cow, Airport Mesa and Gold King covered but am looking for any advice from folk that have been there or live there for "insider must do" activities or places to photograph. In looking at past VT comments Montezuma's Well seems to come up. Still researching what I can cover in the limited long weekend I'll have there in early May this year.

11 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • Suggestions on things to do in Sedona / Flagstaff area

by ycmahesh Online Now Mar 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I'm going on a Rim to Rim backpacking trip at Grandcanyon in end of May(28th-31st) . After the backpacking trip I have couple of days to kil at Flagstaff/Sedona area before flying out of Phoenix on Jun 3rd night.
      I need some suggestions on things to do in Sedona / Flagstaff area for 2 days.
      Prefer to do some activities in water to cool off from backpacking :) .
      Are there any places around which give Kayaking / floating / Rafting around the area ? Any other good sight seeing spots in the area ? Appreciate any input. Thankx..

9 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    • Storm13's Profile Photo

Hiking end of April

by Storm13 Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hi, going hiking April 26-01 May. Any recommendations for hikes with awesome views. Coming from Vancouver BC what type of clothing to wear hiking? Need boots or light hiking shoes, bug spray?
      Thanks,Jodie

4 Answers Mar 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    • Daisylove's Profile Photo

Picture taking of the various ROCKS

by Daisylove Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Hi,

I am planning my trip to Sedona. It will be my first time there. I am not hiking not going into any of the trail. I am very interested in taking good pictures of the Bell Rock and Cathedral Rock.

May I know where (location) can I take good pic of them or will I just simply be surrounded by them that I can take good pics of them no matter where I stand in the open?

Thanks

5 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    • Monarch Butterflies at Montezuma's Well

by JannieT Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Do the Monarch butterflies migrate to Montezuma's Well? I was there many years ago and cannot remember...I feel that there are some there in March...

1 Answer Feb 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    • whre to do in Sedona

by Jazger Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

We have rented a home in the coffee pot (?) district. I am wondering if anyone knows of this area, and what we can do with two children while in the region. We have a 17 year old and a 12 year old.

8 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    • Horseback riding in Sedona, Arizona?

by cwicker102 Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I noticed only a couple of horseback riding places newar Sedona. Can anyone recommend a place or share their experiences in horseback riding there? Thank you in advance.

1 Answer Aug 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    • 2 wheel drive or 4?

by elainejean Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 7:34 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Sedona in August and we were wondering if we should rent a 4 wheel drive vehicle for some off road views or is a regular car ok?

5 Answers Nov 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    • Transport from Phoenix to Sedona at night

by mayazack Online Now Mar 17, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Hi,
      Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I would get to Sedona from Phoenix airport - I see that the last shuttle bus leaves at 8pm however I only land at 9.30??
      Thank you!

4 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    • Directions to vortex locations

by sharroger Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM

How do I get a map of the locations of the vortexes so we can find them on our vacation?

3 Answers Jan 30, 2011 at 7:31 AM
    • I am looking for something to do for new years eve in sedona.

by robbierusconi Online Now Dec 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I am looking for nightlife tonight for new years eve was wondering if anywhere had a some kind of celebration tonight in sedona? or just where the hotspots would be tonight.

1 Answer Jan 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    • Navajo Tribes in Sedona

by ElenaPW Online Now Dec 14, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Hi,

This might be an unusual question. I have been looking on the internet, but can't get it quite right. Can someone please tell me what are the Navajo Tribes live in Sedona? I am writing a novel and would like to use some real facts about the place and it's people. I might be asking too much, but if there is someone with a knowledge on the above subject, I would be absolutely happy if you would answer few of my questions.

Thank you and I will look forward to get your replies.

Elena

21 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    • Shaman in Sedona

by moniluv33 Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Is it possible for me to have an experience with a Shaman in Sedona? Any great suggestions are welcome :)

2 Answers Jul 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    • holy cross

by sccreswell Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Is the chapel of the holy cross actually used for anything? And who lives in the mansion right below it? It's beautiful as well!

3 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    • P&R's Profile Photo

Road trip from San Diego to Sedona

by P&R Online Now Apr 21, 2010 at 12:49 PM

My boyfriend & I are going on our first road trip together; From San Diego to the Grand Canyon & then Sedona, April 28 - May 3. Neither of us have been but we have a truck full of camping gear & we’re ready to go! But we don’t know where to start?

Any suggestions? We would like to camp & possibly spend one night in a hotel in each location. Besides hiking, what are the best attractions? Should we join a hiking tour, jeep tour, helicopter tour, horse back tours? Hotel lodging & restaurant recommendations? Vortex tours in Sedona? Please help. Thank you=)

4 Answers May 24, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    • Hiking

by LisaThornton Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 5:58 PM

What is the weather like to Hike any of these trails from March 5-13?
      How far are these hikes from 55 Sunridge Circle - sedona?

The shorter hikes include:
      Boynton Canyon
      Airport Vortex
      West Fork
      Fay Canyon Red Canyon

• Tour biking/road bikes

by LisaThornton Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Do you rent road/hybrid bikes? If so, where are you located from 55 sunridge circle - Sedona

How much is a daily rate? How much is a weekly rate? Do you rent bike racks?

Thankyou, Lisa

1 Answer Jan 11, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    • arianebarugel's Profile Photo

TIPS FOR WORKSHOPS IN SEDONA

by arianebarugel Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 2:54 AM

I am going to Sedona, AZ and will stay there all by myself for july and august so I need tips for a single woman.
      I would like to find a guide for vortexes and visit the Anasazi locations, better a Chaman.
      Do you know someone reliable to guide me around these places.
      I am going to do the 2 DRUNVALO 's july and august 2010 workshops which are the reason why I go there and I want to do other workshops or trips meditating over the vortexes.
      If you have any advice, please feel free to help me.
      Ariane from Paris, France

3 Answers Jan 10, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

What to see/do in Sedona? Looking for suggested itinerary

by swdke Online Now Dec 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM

I am planning a trip to northern Arizona in May, over Memorial Day weekend. Arriving Phoenix on a Thursday night, and departing in the afternoon on the following Wednesday. This gives me about 5.5 days of traveling in the area. I wish to visit Sedona, Grand Canyon, and anything else I might be able to accomplish during these 5.5 days. However, I am not familiar what how much time (days/nights) are needed to see and do what's available. Regarding Sedona, I am trying to figure out what there is to see and do, and how much time is required. Traveling is my Mother and I, just the two of us. We like to be kept busy and see and do a lot when traveling. Generally on trips, we get up early and keep busy and active seeing and doing things till as late as possible. We can often accomplish quite a bit in a day, or even a short trip. Since Mom is 69, we are probably not interested in a lot of hiking, but some walks is fine. She's active, good health, can accomplish a lot, but nothing too tiring.

I've read on some sites where some people can plan to spend 5 days in Sedona. In fact, I have cousins there now who are there for a month. But, we just have 5.5 days, and wish to see other sights such as the Grand Canyon too, and maybe some other place as well. I am looking for possible suggestions, and itineraries on how and where we should spend our days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

9 Answers Dec 6, 2009 at 5:00 AM
    • Sept. 5th and 6th Sedona visit...

by ReneeS59 Online Now Sep 1, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Hi,
      I'll be in Sedona alone for a couple of days this weekend, about to celebrate my 50th birthday, and I don't really want to just follow the tourist routine. I'd like to spend my time refreshing my spirit a bit before starting on the next 50 years,but, due to asthma problems, I might not be able to hike very far. I DO want to spend a generous part of my time there outdoors, though. Suggestions, anyone?

2 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM