Sedona Travel Answers

change location

Safety in Sedona Traveling Alone

by aimees2 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Is it safe to hike in the Sedona area by ones self?

Is it safe during the day to walk from hotels and shopping/dinning/gallery areas by ones self?

Is it safe in Sedona area to take a taxi during the day or early evening when traveling by ones self?

Any other tips great tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you....Aimee

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Basaic's Profile Photo

Re: Safety in Sedona Traveling Alone

by Basaic Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM

You should not have any problems in town during the day. Just remember the normal precautions like not flashing cash or expensive jewelry. Since it is a tourist area, there is some petty crime like pursesnatching; but less than in larger metropolitan areas. Violent crime is not that common.

Hiking on more isolated trails is okay from a crime aspect (problems are not that common there either); but if you are hiking in colder weather the rock surfaces of many of the trails can get very slippery and depending on the time of year you may encounter wildlife. It is always best to hike with a companion (anywhere really). At least take a cellphone with good coverage.

Enjoy your visit Sedona is a very nice place!

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Hi -
    Jim is right on: Sedona is really not a very big town, and rather affluent so you don't have to worry about walking around by yourself.

As far as hiking, take the usual precautions: Take water, food , sunscreen, flashlight, a warm, rain-resistant outer layer, and cell phone with good coverage (service can be sketchy this part of the country). Wear sturdy shoes with a deep tread, good socks, and tell someone where you are going and when you're expected to be back if planning to venture off well-traveled trails.

2 members found this helpful

• Re: Safety in Sedona Traveling Alone

by aimees2 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Thank you both. I'll mainly be taking tours, wanted to make sure around town would be ok. I won't go off the beaten path. Thanks again.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Basaic's Profile Photo

by Basaic Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

aimees2 wrote:

Thank you both. I'll mainly be taking tours, wanted to make sure around town would be ok. I won't go off the beaten path. Thanks again.

In that case you should be perfectly fine.  Have a great visit, enjoy the beauty, and I look forward to your travel page.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines