change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mamajoa9's Profile Photo

super cheap place to stay

by mamajoa9 Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Halo yall, it will be my very first visit to Seattle in mid June next year. I am travelling on a very tight budget and I only have a day or two before going on a spiritual cruise, embarking from Pier 91. How do I get from the airport to the cruise port.?? How far is the space needle and pike market from the airport.??
      Thanking yall in advance for your kind assistance

• angel hugs and blessings*

mama joa

5 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    • sillyger's Profile Photo

Accommodation recommendation (Apartments) in Seattle City -

by sillyger Online Now Sep 16, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Hi,
      I am planning accommodation for a group of female travellers to Seattle city, first time in Seattle.
      1) Apartments or Boutique hotel (they will be spending 10 days)
      2) Must See and Must Do (Travel by public transport)
      3) What to pack travelling in June
      With Thanks

5 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Which Zoo?

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Planning on Seattle and Portland for next year and I intend to include in my itinerary, to go to either the Woodland park Zoo or the Oregon Zoo. Both are highly rated. I know Oregon is smaller. None the less, which is the better choice?

4 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • justbecks's Profile Photo

seattle syncing

by justbecks Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM

hi seattle locals and lovers,
      I'll be heading to Seattle in a week and although my sister lives there and will proably show me the outs and ins, was wondering if any of you good folk might have the really interesting thing to see, do or not miss apart from Pike Place, Fremont District, Underground seattle...I'd love some other thoughts on what else to do, or if there might be any festivals coming up perhaps as well. also, are there any local cafe, restaurant favourites serving up good reasonable local food?

thanks again,
      Rebecca

1 Answer Aug 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    • Driving from Seattle to San Francisco

by Anjulis Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Can someone help with planning a route driving from Seattle to San Francisco. We have 6.5 days. Where would be a good first stop? Someone suggested Crystal Mountains area...
      I have never been in that area, so I will appreciate any advice.

4 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Time and Places?

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I am considering Seattle for next year (June or September). Apart from the city itself, I would take trips to Mt. Rainier Natl Park, Mt. St Helens Natl Monument and an excursion to Victoria, BC for the day. Is 3 days Ok for the city proper?

Also, has anyone used Evergreen Escapes? That's the outfit I would likely use for the day trips to the parks.

33 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    • Ferry from Whidbey to Sesattle and back..

by peggycollins Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM

We are staying on Whidbey for a wedding and were hoping to get into Seattle for some sightseeing and then back.Possible???

3 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 4:22 AM
    • CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Favorite things to do

by CruisingGoddess Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Staying in Seattle for 2 days. With such limited time, what are your top 3 favorite things to do?

9 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • Visit to Seattle area

by mmagee Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I am a single parent with two children ages 16 and 10. We are from South Carolina and want to come visit Seattle next year and would like to know what is a good time to visit and where to stay? We just want to see the sites and check things out and we have never been to the west coast. Something affordable for a single mother to save up for but not in high crime area please.

6 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    • What should we do?

by mholl Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 9:13 PM

We will be in Seattle for 3 days. What would you say are the absolute "must see, must do"?

Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • Overwhelmed by choices

by Gogators15 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 6:02 AM

My wife and I are visiting Seattle in August. We are looking for a combination of romantic and outdoors activities. We are landing on a Tues mid afternoon and flying out early Sunday morning. We were thinking of spending the rest of Tues thru Thurs AM seeing the city. We already know we want to sea kayak in the San Juan's for sure and stay there that night. The problem lies in figuring out how to spend the last 2 days. Olympic, Ranier, Northern Cascades, and driving down to Columbia River Gorge are the ideas that interest us. However, we obviously won't have time for all. So we are trying to figure out the most efficient way to go to see the most possible and most convenient route or order to drive. Any opinions between those 4 wilderness areas are can't miss more than the others? Also curious if it's easier just to get a car for the whole trip or just Thurs morning to save on 2 days rental. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

11 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM
    • Looking for a cruse.

by Newtravlers Online Now May 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM

There are four of us arriving by Amtrak train in Seattle and would like information on a ferry for sightseeing from Seattle to Victoria BC. Possibly a dinner cruse across to Victoria BC.

2 Answers May 13, 2014 at 9:56 PM
    • travel agent??

by smithharper Online Now May 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I want to travel to Hawaii and either take a cruise around the islands or do island hopping for about 7 days, then return to Seattle, WA and spend a few days there. do I need a travel agent to assist in the planning or can I, an unexperienced planner, do all of this planning and reservations on my own?

9 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

What else to see/do nr UDub?

by samtin Online Now May 11, 2014 at 9:14 AM

We are in Seattle on 23 June. We have just the one day but have already seen most of the sights on a previous visit. We were wondering about visiting UDub (we work at a British university so have a professional interest) but I have questions:
      As we are staying in W.Seattle and will get ferry across to downtown, what route/method of public transport would be best?
      Is there anything else of interest en route or in the vicinity of UDub to see/do?
      Are there any cool coffee shops/happening little cafés/restaurants in this area to get brunch or lunch?

We are a British couple in our 40s/50s. Very fit, like outdoors, exploring on foot, photography, history, culture and anything unique to the places we visit. Thank you. Sam.

12 Answers May 28, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    • airport parking

by travelling_princess8 Online Now May 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

We will be parking our car for 4 days to catch a flight from Sea-Tac airport. Any suggestions on where to park economically?

Thanks!

3 Answers May 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • akskibunny's Profile Photo

Downtown breakfast restaurant

by akskibunny Online Now May 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM

What are our chances for a good breakfast restaurant that's close to the Amtrak station (King Street Station) and open about 6am on a Saturday? Due to flight schedules, we will have not eaten dinner the night before and we'd prefer to have a good breakfast before boarding the train at 730am. Any suggestions?

6 Answers May 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • Tulip Fields in Seattle

by ruthsayuri Online Now May 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Hello!
      Does someone know de address of Tulip Fields in Seattle please?

4 Answers May 4, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    • Where to stay?

by Johan81 Online Now May 1, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Maybe this is a silly question, but where should I stay in Seattle? If I understand it right Downtown is along the water just south of the Space Needle, right? But when I have been searching I found many restaurants north of Lake Undion in the Fremont area.

I want to stay in a living area with many stores and restaurants! Any suggestions? :-)

I did a search in this forum but found only old entries so I made a new one.

Br
      //Johan

9 Answers May 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    • FA Cup Final.

by Johan81 Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hi,

I´m going to be in Seattle the 17th of May and I would like to see the FA Cup Final. The game will be played 9 am PDT. Any suggestions? Is it hard to find a place to watch or is it common with english soccer?

Br
      //Johan

8 Answers May 1, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    • Amtrack Cascade train

by MayrySanborn Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Is the Amtrack Cascade a worth while trip to get from Seattle to Vancouver? We have a cruise out of Vancouver.

4 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    • taxi from airport

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

7 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • GoJayne's Profile Photo

Sound Garden in Mangussen Park???

by GoJayne Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I discovered this "site" on your forum pages, but the latest update is from 2005.
      Can any one tell me if it is still accessible to the public, and still there?
      Sounds really cool!
      Thank you - (heading to Seattle in May)

5 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM
    • public transportation from Bremerton to Anacortes WA.

by suegeogreer Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I need public transportation from Bremerton to Anacortes WA. We are seniors with suitcases so nothing to taxing.Thanks

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    • looking for recommendations for accommodation for Family of 6

by ystrausz Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 3:56 AM

we plan to be in Seattle in July 2014 or 3-4 days
      we thought maybe an apparthotel, Appartment short term rental, or some other suitable accommodation for a Family of 6

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • traveling from Washington to illinois via California, Nevada, Colorado, Iowa need one more driver.

by sasanka74 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM

need a travel buddy to travel cross country , is anyone interested? please e mail sasanka1984@hotmail.com?

1 Answer Jan 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • Parking for the weekend downtown seattle, where is the best rate?

by shell1337 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I am going to be staying a full weekend downtown seattle and need to park my car somewhere cheap. The hotel i'm staying at charges $35 a night and was wondering if their was anywhere cheaper? My hotel is on fifth but I would leave it anywhere in the downtown area if it was cheaper. Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • Best Place to search for Sea Glass

by Popken Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

My sister and I are going to be in Seattle Washington the end of the 3rd week in Oct. We would like to some sea glass. Can anyone tell us where is the best place to go to find some. Thanks

3 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Orca Whales, best place and month

by poepat Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Hi travellers. We are venturing from our normal S E Asia travels and decided to venture to these parts hoping to get some good excursions to see the Orca / killer whales in their natural environment.
      part question....
      Which is the best place to arrange such sightings Vancouver or Seattle

What is the best month to maximise sightings

We are hoping to go in October, is this too late?
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

4 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    • MartyAP's Profile Photo

Really Need Itinerary Suggestions!!!!

by MartyAP Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Planning our first trip to the Pacific Northwest for next July and really need advice. We will most likely fly into SEA and return to NY from YVR. There are plenty of direct inbound flights to SEA and we can use FF miles for a return from YVR. We would like to experience some of the natural wonders of the Pacific NW in addition to our time in these beautiful cities.

Here are two itineraries we have considered:

1. Fly into SEA and stay 3/4 nights>Clipper to Victoria for 2 nights>Pacific Coast bus/ferry to Vancouver and stay 3/4 nights>home from YVR............... too many transfers for a 9/10 day trip????

2. Fly into SEA and stay 4/5 nights (day trips to Mt. Rainier; Clipper to San Juan Islands)>SKIP Victoria>Amtrak Cascades to Vancouver and stay 4 nights>home from YVR

We are not adverse to renting a car for day trips or using the many organized tours. Just not sure about an itinerary that will give us a good balance of city sites/nature sites/land/water. Have read that the Amtrak scenery to Vancouver is really nice; the Clipper to Victoria is nothing much; a day trip to San Juan does not allow much time to explore this island.......lots of pieces of info we're trying to put together........Open to any suggestions and help.

Thanks
      Marty

5 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    • Combo travel Seattle to Victoria return

by Lardycore60 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 9:26 PM

How do you make reservations on the seaplane/ferry combination between Seattle and Victoria? I've tried Kenmore Air's site, and BC Clipper site with no luck. The ferry site only allows you to do the return trip by ferry both ways, and Kenmore Air's site isn't much help. I want to travel Seattle to Victoria on the ferry, and return next day via seaplane in December. Can anyone help please?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM