Seattle

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi from airport

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • GoJayne's Profile Photo

Sound Garden in Mangussen Park???

by GoJayne Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I discovered this "site" on your forum pages, but the latest update is from 2005.
      Can any one tell me if it is still accessible to the public, and still there?
      Sounds really cool!
      Thank you - (heading to Seattle in May)

5 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM
    • public transportation from Bremerton to Anacortes WA.

by suegeogreer Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I need public transportation from Bremerton to Anacortes WA. We are seniors with suitcases so nothing to taxing.Thanks

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    • looking for recommendations for accommodation for Family of 6

by ystrausz Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 3:56 AM

we plan to be in Seattle in July 2014 or 3-4 days
      we thought maybe an apparthotel, Appartment short term rental, or some other suitable accommodation for a Family of 6

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • traveling from Washington to illinois via California, Nevada, Colorado, Iowa need one more driver.

by sasanka74 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM

need a travel buddy to travel cross country , is anyone interested? please e mail sasanka1984@hotmail.com?

1 Answer Jan 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • Parking for the weekend downtown seattle, where is the best rate?

by shell1337 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I am going to be staying a full weekend downtown seattle and need to park my car somewhere cheap. The hotel i'm staying at charges $35 a night and was wondering if their was anywhere cheaper? My hotel is on fifth but I would leave it anywhere in the downtown area if it was cheaper. Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • Best Place to search for Sea Glass

by Popken Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

My sister and I are going to be in Seattle Washington the end of the 3rd week in Oct. We would like to some sea glass. Can anyone tell us where is the best place to go to find some. Thanks

2 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Orca Whales, best place and month

by poepat Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Hi travellers. We are venturing from our normal S E Asia travels and decided to venture to these parts hoping to get some good excursions to see the Orca / killer whales in their natural environment.
      part question....
      Which is the best place to arrange such sightings Vancouver or Seattle

What is the best month to maximise sightings

We are hoping to go in October, is this too late?
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

4 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    • MartyAP's Profile Photo

Really Need Itinerary Suggestions!!!!

by MartyAP Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Planning our first trip to the Pacific Northwest for next July and really need advice. We will most likely fly into SEA and return to NY from YVR. There are plenty of direct inbound flights to SEA and we can use FF miles for a return from YVR. We would like to experience some of the natural wonders of the Pacific NW in addition to our time in these beautiful cities.

Here are two itineraries we have considered:

1. Fly into SEA and stay 3/4 nights>Clipper to Victoria for 2 nights>Pacific Coast bus/ferry to Vancouver and stay 3/4 nights>home from YVR............... too many transfers for a 9/10 day trip????

2. Fly into SEA and stay 4/5 nights (day trips to Mt. Rainier; Clipper to San Juan Islands)>SKIP Victoria>Amtrak Cascades to Vancouver and stay 4 nights>home from YVR

We are not adverse to renting a car for day trips or using the many organized tours. Just not sure about an itinerary that will give us a good balance of city sites/nature sites/land/water. Have read that the Amtrak scenery to Vancouver is really nice; the Clipper to Victoria is nothing much; a day trip to San Juan does not allow much time to explore this island.......lots of pieces of info we're trying to put together........Open to any suggestions and help.

Thanks
      Marty

5 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    • Combo travel Seattle to Victoria return

by Lardycore60 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 9:26 PM

How do you make reservations on the seaplane/ferry combination between Seattle and Victoria? I've tried Kenmore Air's site, and BC Clipper site with no luck. The ferry site only allows you to do the return trip by ferry both ways, and Kenmore Air's site isn't much help. I want to travel Seattle to Victoria on the ferry, and return next day via seaplane in December. Can anyone help please?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Betty Macdonald House

by Lardycore60 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Is it possible to visit the house in Seattle's University District where the author Betty Macdonald's family lived? I'm a big fan of her books

7 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • transportation to airport from the pike market

by kathynranney Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Some friends of mine are arriving at the market by ferry and are then going to the airport. Their question is how far is it to walk to get the shuttle?

6 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    • What to do in Seattle over 2/3 days?

by sueyrc Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I'm going to be in Seattle for three days. What are the top things I should do?

10 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    • Northwest Hiking Book Recomendation

by vipjason Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Does anyone have a good recommendtion on a hiking book that covers the Northwest part of the US. Like Washington and Oregon. I can't seem to find anything that has good up to date info.

Thanks,

Jason

VIP City Reviews

3 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    • sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

Driving from Seattle to Mt. St. Helen's - would you recommend it?

by sweet_sentiments Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Hi,

My husband and I booked a tour from Evergreen for a full day trip to Mt. St. Helens departing from Seattle for July but they just cancelled on us. So disappointed. We looked at other travel sites that offer the same tour but it looks like all of them are just getting the tour from Evergreen, not really sure but the description looks like straight from Evergreen.

Anyway, now we're thinking if we should just rent a car and drive to Mt. St. helen's ourselves but we don't know what the road condition would be. It's summer so we don't have to worry about snow but I'm worried about what kind of road are we going to drive to. Is it hilly, dirt road, by the side of the mountains with cliff.

So our questions are:

1. Would you recommend that we drive to Mt. St. Helens from Seattle (we're staying in downtown Seattle) or should we just stay in Seattle and do Mt. Rainier instead? We just want to do a day trip.

2. Do you think we can survive doing that long drive, do the Mt. St Helen's tour (not sure how much hiking is needed) then drive back to Seattle? Or is that suicide, lol. Staying overnight in Portland is not an option for us, unfortunately.

3. Is there any other travel agency who offers Mt. St. Helen's tour departing from Seattle?

Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Restaurants with a view

by SandiM Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Can I get a couple suggestions of restaurants (not a bar or lounge) that is on a high floor of the building and that affords a nice view of the Space Needle? Long time ago, I stayed at a hotel near the Camlin and there was a cafe high up where we ate breakfast that we had a nice view of the Space Needle. Going to Seattle next week, need some supper ideas. Also need directions by public transit from Seatac to Kerry Park Viewpoint. I can get the LRT to downtown and then? Want some sunset shots there (amongst everyone else, hey? ha ha)

5 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • Looking for a mom & pop small boat experience in Puget Sound

by rebeccaofdelco Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I'm coming to Seattle in mid-July and I have never been there but I would just like to find a simple boat tour of the famous Sound. Afternoon/Evening preferred. I don't need luxuries, I just want to be on the water and in a boat small enough to get a good perspective of the terrain. If its possible to get close to any animal/wildlife/bird photo ops, or if there is a stop somewhere for this purpose that would be great too.

1 Answer Jun 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • Transportation from airport to hotels, hotels to pier 91

by sandeegee19 Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Transportation suggestions from airport to hotel in zipcode 98109, hotel to pier 91

1 Answer Jun 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    • ChristyL9's Profile Photo

hotels

by ChristyL9 Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM

most cost efficient place to stay in seattle

4 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM
    • Fuente's Profile Photo

Car neceesary

by Fuente Online Now May 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I will be embarking on a cruise to alaska from seattle when its done I plan on spending a few days in seattle for sightseeing should i rent a car? thanks

8 Answers May 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    • TeresaLim's Profile Photo

Need Advise

by TeresaLim Online Now May 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Hi...I am going to Seoul from 22 - 26/3/15. I am on company trip and need to follow schedule. I only have night time available to explore Seoul. Where will you recommend me to go? I will be staying at Mapo-district. time available to go:
      24/5 after 7.30pm and I will be at Myeongdong at 8pm.

Thank you.

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • Half day tour in Seattle

by paf18 Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I plan to visit Seattle by bus (bolt bus, arrived at 5th Ave South @ S.King St) but I'll have only half day for this trip. I'll arrive about noon and my key attractions are focusing on Pike Place Market (to visit 1st shop of Starbuck) and Space Needle. So, my questons;
      1. How can I get a monorail from my bus stop (king street)?
      2. Where should be the 1st place to visit?
      3. Any other recommended places to fit with my plan?

Thank you very much.

4 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • Transportation from train station

by bamatraveler Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hello,
      I will have a group of 13 people arriving from Vancouver to Seattle via the Amtrak Cascades train in June. Arrival at the train station is scheduled for 10:10PM Saturday night. We have an early flight from Seatac at 7AM the next morning. I really don't want to spend money for hotel rooms for just 3 or 4 hours of sleep. So, I am looking for transportation suggestions from train station to Seatac and any other ideas about what to do until time to check in for flights.
      Thanks,
      Bruce

8 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Hotel in Seattle downtown

by GUYON Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Hello

Now, I am planning to travel in Wa state and Id in 2014 (yes I am not late...) We will land in Seattle and I foresee to stay 3 days in this city and I am searching a hotel with the following criteria : - In downtown, not far from Pike Place - Between 100 to 200$ per night - With an internet connection - With a parking included or not within the price. - Breakfast in the hotel is not an issue if there are restaurants open early in the morning at a working distance.

Thanks a lot for your advices.

RAY

5 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Foodie trip in Seattle

by tracyskf Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Hi
      I am heading to Seattle in a couple of days time. We are renting a car - sorted out accomodation and attractions to visit. Need a couple of good recommendations for good food - 2 days 2 nights. Loves seafood, especially oysters and crabs. Also keen to explore places locals go. Really hope to get some very good suggestions on places and general advise what/where/when (lunch / dinner). Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Hotels Near Amtrak Train Station

by cmillard Online Now Dec 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Hi guys,

We plan to take the train from Seattle (S. Jackson Street) to Anaheim, but will need to spend one night in a hotel. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel near the train station? (does not have to be Five Star, but would like a decent, clean and convenient hotel)

Thanks everyone,
      Mickey

8 Answers Jan 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    • how do i get from greyhound station to chinatown

by robin888 Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Hi

what buses should I take from the greyhound station (9th & Stewart) to chinatown? I was told that that it is within the free ride area? How long is the bus ride? what buses should I take from chinatown to the pike market? thank you.

4 Answers Aug 22, 2012 at 6:36 AM
    • Rialto Beach - What's it like in April?

by Beachcomber543 Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I recently returned from a visit to Washington, fantastic time! We observed the tide pools at Rialto Beach at low tide. Many starfish, sea urchins, mussels were seen on the rocks. A friend would like to do a similar trip in April. I know the temps will be much lower, can the sea life still be observed on the rocks? Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    • visiting national parks in mid october

by restenneth Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM

We are hoping to fly into Seattle mid october for 7 days. We would really like to go and see Mount Rainier and North Cascades National Parks. What is the weather like for visiting these parks at this time of year and is it possible to see them both in such a short time? Are there likely to be closed roads/trails? Any help appreciated.

3 Answers Aug 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    • car rental recommendations in Seattle

by pagibaru Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Does anyone have experience with some of the "off-brand" car rental companies? Payless, Fox, E-Z? I'm headed to Seattle in Sept. and would like to know if these companies are as good as the majors in that market. Their rates seem to be much better. Any help appreciated.

5 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM