Seattle Travel Answers

change location
GUYON's Profile Photo

Hotel in Seattle downtown

by GUYON Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Hello

Now, I am planning to travel in Wa state and Id in 2014 (yes I am not late...) We will land in Seattle and I foresee to stay 3 days in this city and I am searching a hotel with the following criteria : - In downtown, not far from Pike Place - Between 100 to 200$ per night - With an internet connection - With a parking included or not within the price. - Breakfast in the hotel is not an issue if there are restaurants open early in the morning at a working distance.

Thanks a lot for your advices.

RAY

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel in Seattle downtown

by giampiero6 Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I stayed at the Alexis which I really enjoyed. It's near Pike, and quite nice. It's pricey, but you might be able nip in under $200 if you can get a deal and depending on when you go....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Generally it will not be easy to know the price without a more exact date. There are a fair number of hotels in that area and if there is some big event prices are much higher.

There should be 10 or so that meet the criteria, if you are willing to have a room that doesn't face the water. You can see that same scenery just fine from the waterfront walkway free of charge. However, with peak tourist season and the cruise ships docking very close to Pike Place, it could be difficult to find some right there if you hit the wrong days.

I generally (all except one trip) use the bus to get around there as driving can be a real pain due to congestion and parking issues.

It also depends a bit on what you want to do. For example, The Inn at the Market has a bunch of package deals with local tourist attractions that might make it a good deal for you.

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Hi Ray... long time no see! My son lives near Seattle, and the Alexis IS a very nice hotel - also the Inn at the Market. You can walk anywhere downtown from either. If you need some restaurant suggestions, let me know as my son will know the current best places or others that you may like in that area or elsewhere.

• glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM

It looks like the cheapest at the Waterfront Marriott for January of 2014 (the furthest in advance I could get the web site to take) is $189 per night. This seems insane considering their non-Elliott Bay view rooms face the Highway 99 Viaduct so your only view is of a bunch of concrete.

I tried getting a price out of the Edgewater too, because they usually have good prices on their rooms that face inland as well (the water side is a totally different story - I think they are usually twice what the land side goes for). However, their web site said to call the hotel to get a price on anything that far in advance.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel and I had a cruise package that included breakfast and a shuttle to the port for $225. This was in May 2011. If you didn't have a need for those extras I would think it would be under $200. They had a very good concierge and they lent me a wheelchair for my husband to push me down to the Pike Street Market. This was a good location for us because we didn't have to go up or down big hills to get there - it was only a couple of blocks, and the hotel is right in the Westlake Center where the monorail is. There was free internet, but I don't know about parking. Plenty of Starbucks within walking distance. We had a room with a little anteroom and two TVs - one in the couch area and one in the bedroom. No view - we looked out on an airshaft.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines