Seaside Travel Answers

change location
demox's Profile Photo

Last minute holiday - accommodations?

by demox Online Now Aug 18, 2009 at 11:49 PM

My two sisters and I plan to take our mom to visit Seaside for her birthday but it is a last minute decision. I have reviewed what accommodation appears to be available at the end of August for 4 women and it all has fairly poor reviews. We were hoping to be on the ocean or at least close by. Any ideas where we might try that would be clean and handy for walking to town and the beach? My mom will be 75 and has dreamed of seeing the Oregon coast, we want it to be wonderful for her.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Re: Last minute holiday - accommodations?

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM

You might get more and quicker replies if you post this as OREGON COAST and then mention SEASIDE in your question, as "Seaside" to many people across the US and around the World will think it too general and maybe not even read your full question, which eventually mentions Oregon.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • demox's Profile Photo

by demox Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Thanks for the tip.

• dengay's Profile Photo

by dengay Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM

The Shiloh Inn "West" (Make sure you specify "West" in your search as there are two in Seaside) sits right on the Prom at the turn-around on Broadway. You can't get any closer to the beach!! It's not a fancy hotel, but a solid 3-star. It's location puts you right in the heart of all the major attractions Seaside has to offer.

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

by orcoastgirl Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Hi, I am in Seaside at our beach cottage, have you found accomodations yet? Check out the Inn of the Four Winds, it is right on the prom and in a quiet area of town. There are so many places along the prom to stay, a nice B&B is the Seaside Ocean Inn. They have a great restaurant there, also. This weekend is the Hood to Coast Relay and the town is very, very crowded.

Let me know what specific accomodations you are looking at and I can give you more info, I'm familiar with all of the properties here. The Tides by the Sea and the Lanai @ the Cove are two places in a quiet, gorgeous area of Seaside. We have stayed at The Tides when our beach cottage was rented out and found it to be very comfortable, there is an outdoor pool here, also. :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines