Seaside Travel Answers

change location
2giants's Profile Photo

Things to Do

by 2giants Online Now Aug 20, 2008 at 2:45 PM

We are planning a long weekend to Seaside. We have never been, so please tell us what we shouldn't miss.
thanks in advance for your help

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • patnoelle's Profile Photo

Re: Things to Do

by patnoelle Online Now Aug 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM

If you can supply a bit more information on the whereabouts of Seasise, perhaps somebody can give you suggestions. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Aug 26, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Seaside is a fairly popular location on the Oregon Coast. There is a lot of information already on VirtualTourist from people.
    Seaside Travel Guide

I'm not sure exactly what could be considered a "not to miss" but there is, of course, quite a lot of beach there.

On your way to Seaside, (if you are coming from Portland) if you like hiking you might want to stop by the Saddle Mountain State Park.

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

by orcoastgirl Online Now Aug 27, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Hi there! We have a beach cottage in Seaside and spend several weeks there in the the summer. It's such a great place with so much to do and see. What are your interests? Do you surf? Our famliy loves the area around the Cove and Ave U to surf. If you want to learn, go to Cleanline and they will hook you up with great instructors. My husband has been surfing for about 3 years and took 3 lessons this summer to improve, it's a lot of fun. There is the promenade there that runs about 2 miles along the ocean. This is a fun place to walk, ride your bike, etc. The Seaside Aquarium is located there which is fun to go to, feed the seals!

Another thing tourists enjoy doing is renting the surrey bikes, there are several places in Seaside where you can rent these, it's fun to ride through the town on theses. There are a couple of carnival rides along the main street there by the Turnaround, you can also rent paddle boats and go down the Necanicum River there. If you like to shop, there are the Seaside Outlets which have lots of cool shops and wine tasting, also.

There are so many great places to dine in Seaside: Norma's Ocean Diner, Taste of Tuscany, the Seaside Inn, Bigfoot Pub & Grub, Goose Hollow Cafe, Riverside BBQ are a few of our favorites. You could also visit nearby Cannon Beach which is about a 10 minute drive. There is Haystack Rock, Ecola State Park, and a nice upscale downtown area there.

Any further questions, please feel free to ask, I love chatting about Seaside, our son will be joining us for several days this week at our beach cottage, can't wait! I hope you enjoy the area as much as we do. :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines