Seal Beach Travel Answers

change location

What to wear?

by rnsquared Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Seal beach sounds like a great place. I'm taking my two daughters there, ages 12 and 8. We haven't spent much time at beaches, so I don't know what to pack.
The weather is supposed to be 80's during the day mid-60's at night. Do the winds make it cooler? Are shorts and tank tops good, or do we need hooded jackets and capri pants. I'm curious about style too. Is it pretty casual, or is a lady expected not to leave the house without her hair styled and makeup.
Any advise is appreciated. Thanx!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Re: What to wear?

by karenincalifornia Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 4:39 PM

There are some Canadians on VT who know a lot more about California than we do, so if they weigh in, you'll want to make sure you take heed of their comments. I used to live in So. Cal for many years and went to Seal Beach frequently, so here's my take.... Seal Beach is a fun place. Really fun. In Southern Cal., it won't get that windy in the summer, and you will definitely be able to wear shorts and tank tops at the beach (and swim suits, too!). Hooded jackets and capris are not necessary for Southern Cal in summer.

No, no, no, no. Ladies at the beach are NOT expected to have hair styled and makeup on at Seal Beach. It is a very natural look that is acceptable at Seal Beach and neighboring beaches. The makeup thing really is only the norm if you are going to Beverly Hills or Newport.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sandyn's Profile Photo

by sandyn Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Short and tees or tank tops are fine--just bring along a sweatshirt in case it gets windy or cool--foggy mornings are common and can be chilly until the sun comes out. Don't forget sunscreen!

• Re: What to wear?

by rnsquared Online Now Aug 11, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Thanks so much for your answer. That really helps. Seal beach sounds like my kind of place; family oriented and casual.

• ajhno's Profile Photo

by ajhno Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Tank tops and shorts are fine for the weather. There aren't any real requirements for makeup, etc. Obviously there are plenty of people out to impress the opposite sex so many girls come glammed up, but there are plenty of older and younger people who are very casual.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines