Scottsdale

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• party advice

by purry89 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Hey guys. Are there still pool parties in scottsdale during mid september? Also what hotel would be best for 4 single guys, thanks!

more
    • party advice

by purry89 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Hey guys. Are there still pool parties in scottsdale during mid september? Also what hotel would be best for 4 single guys, thanks!

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    • Women packing for March trip

by SusanZambon Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I am coming to Scottsdale in Mid March. Would capris be appropriate or will it be too cool? Also for dresses, would a sleeveless dress be ok with a sweater?

5 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • 1-2 month stay in Scottsdale

by Kathynoni Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Suggestion for a good area in Scottsdale for 1-2 months mid jan-mid march 2015. My husband loves to play golf, go to baseball games, lay by pool, and I like shopping, eating out, and exploring. We'll use place as home base and explore other areas from there. Any thoughts? Thanks.

9 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    • Villa rental

by forestcloughs. Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Anyone help with good locations to rent in Scottsdale area. Would like a desert view with pool - if possible.
      Four people. We've stayed in hotels before but now like to try a rental. Medium price level I think!!!!!!
      Thanks

4 Answers May 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    • HELEN's Profile Photo

Nearest grocery store

by HELEN Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Can anyone tell me if there are any grocery stores or liquor stores walking distance to the W hotel in Scottsdale? If not walking distance, a short cab ride?
      Thank you!

4 Answers Apr 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    • transprotation

by jaxfer Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 11:08 AM

what is the best way to get from Scottsdale, AZ to Surprise Stadium, AZ the week of march 12th. We are going for spring training and not renting a car.

2 Answers Mar 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    • HELEN's Profile Photo

Bachelorette Party Fun

by HELEN Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hello!
      Does any one have any recommendations of restaurants, bars, etc that will be fun for a bachelorette party? We are staying at the W in Scottsdale, so we'll be poolside during the day. But what to do at night???
      Thank you in advance!

3 Answers Feb 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    • sgoet's Profile Photo

Spring Training - Should we buy baseball tickets in advance?

by sgoet Online Now Feb 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Also let me know if there are any events in the phoenix area from Feb 27 to March 6 that would be a good diversion.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    • Has anyone tried Roka Akor in Scottsdale?

by FoodLover80 Online Now Aug 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM

I was wondering if anyone had been to Roka Akor, got a decent write up in the paper. I found a video with some foods pics that look good.

Anyone try it? Any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=_gav2bl-...

2 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM
    • jemueller's Profile Photo

Valentines Dinner

by jemueller Online Now Jan 21, 2008 at 5:58 PM

I'm taking my husband to the Westin Kierland resort in Scottsdale over Valentines and am looking for suggestions for a romantic dinner with decent food for valentines day. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Jan 21, 2008 at 11:58 PM
    • kaybsix's Profile Photo

need help finding tour guide-Scottsdale AZ

by kaybsix Online Now Jan 6, 2008 at 6:16 PM

I have been lucky enough in the past to get great recommendations from Members and Virtual tourist on guides, Actually having some members referring or acting as guides for us when we travel.
      We are traveling in the US in April and will be in Scottsdale AZ. Does anyone know of a good tour guide. We are looking for 1/2 day trips and cannot seem to find any that appeal to us on the cookie cutter trips.

Thank you in advance for any help you might give.

• falexis's Profile Photo

How Close is Firesky Resort to Scottsdale's Main Attractions and Highlights?

by falexis Online Now Sep 22, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Hi,

I tried to read as many as the "I'm visiting Scottsdale, what should I do?" posts in this forum so that I wouldn't be wasting your times with the same old question. I normally have time to thoroughly do some research on places I plan to visit, but there's not much time now for that. I'm planning to stay at the Firesky resort and not sure whether I should go to their in-house spa for services. Are there cheaper spas in the area which are just as or more wonderful experiences? Also, all the talk I've noticed about hiking spots, are these spots right within Scottsdale, or will I have to drive an hour or so from town. I was hoping to skip the car rental thing (I have to save money and sanity somewhere) and just venture on my own two feet... or at least on the fine bus and cab options offered by the resort and the town. Any and all ideas are welcomed. Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 23, 2007 at 8:33 PM
    • weather and sctivities in scottsdale

by musaphir Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Hi
      my wife and i plan to visit scottsdale, arizona in the third week of apri 07 and seek advise regarding likely weather during that period.is this regin prone to high winds and tornados during this part of the year.
      other than golfing what could be suitable activities for mid sixties years old.
      is it possible to move around in public transit or car hire is recommended.our accommodation base will be 63rd on camelback in scottsdale.
      musaphir

4 Answers Mar 30, 2007 at 3:29 PM
    • phoenix airport to camelback resort, scottsdale driving instructions

by musaphir Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 7:50 PM

could anyone familiar with this route advise us driving instructions from the phoenix airport to camelback resort in scottsdale.

besides golfing, what day trips could be undertaken to explore the historical and cultural places within easy reach of the above resort.

and of course we would like to try our the domestic food favourites. any suggestions please.
      regards
      musaphir

1 Answer Mar 27, 2007 at 4:07 AM
    • possible activities

by musaphir Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 4:46 AM

we plan to spend about a week in scottsdale, arizona and request familiar people to guide us about possible activities that we could engage in. day trip suggestions are also welcome so that we can really get a feel of the area.

musaphir

2 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 12:17 PM
    • Christmas events

by autumntiger Online Now Nov 26, 2006 at 4:48 PM

I will be in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Mesa area with my parents, who are in their mid-80's this Christmas. Can anyone suggest things that are a must-see or things that are focused on the holidays? We are coming from the east coast and this is the first trip to that area. Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 7:59 AM
    • In Scottsdale for the Winter

by rqmt Online Now Oct 14, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Does anyone know about the Apartment complex called Joshua Tree in Scottsdale? I am looking for a place soon and only need it for the winter. I will be doing a PGA apprenticeship at a course in Scottsdale. Any advice for apartments would be aapreciated I will need one for 6 months.

2 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 8:12 AM
    • Where to stay

by darcey Online Now May 10, 2006 at 2:19 AM

I will be staying in Scottsdale later this year in a vacation rental. Please could anyone tell me where it's best to be based.
      Should I opt for Kierland and other places within the 101 loop or would it be best to be further out say at Troon or Tatum Ranch.

How urban is it at Kierland? I like to shop but it would be good to see some countyside too
      Thanks
      Darcey

2 Answers May 10, 2006 at 8:16 AM
    • just need a little advice....

by carletta Online Now Apr 22, 2006 at 6:59 AM

Hello,

I'm staying at the Marriott in Oldtown Scottsdale in June for 4 days. I'm 27 and single, so I would like to find some fun places to hang out and meet people. However, my mom will be with me on this trip. She's a really fun lady but I won't be hanging out at dance clubs since she will be with me. Is there any good places with people of all age groups? We would also like to do some shopping. Is there any good shopping near the Marriott? Do I really need to rent a car? Please help!

4 Answers May 31, 2006 at 1:49 AM
    • Hotel info???

by delta1082 Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 10:42 PM

Can anyone suggest a hotel in the Scottsdale area that have jacuzzi tubs that fit two adults??

1 Answer May 3, 2006 at 10:51 AM
    • Weather over the Holidays

by paroadrunner2001 Online Now Nov 8, 2005 at 1:27 PM

I'm planning on spending the holidays in Scottsdale but not sure what to pack for clothing. I live in Western Pa. Shorts during the day and jacket at night? Also, any must see/do ideas?

4 Answers Nov 17, 2005 at 9:07 PM
    • konniemario's Profile Photo

If you only have a day - where can I go

by konniemario Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 6:42 AM

Hi, I have an upcoming business trip to Scottsdale and am wondering if I should arrive one day earlier and do some sightseeing. Can I go to Grand Canyon if I only have one extra day? How to go about it? If not, any other suggestion?

6 Answers Nov 11, 2005 at 10:30 AM
    • il_demone's Profile Photo

Horseback riding

by il_demone Online Now Nov 1, 2005 at 4:32 AM

Hi again,

What's the best place / guest ranch for a one-day/one-night riding adventure near Scottsdale?

Thanks & regards,
      Herwig

1 Answer Nov 11, 2005 at 6:57 AM
    • il_demone's Profile Photo

Guided biking tours

by il_demone Online Now Nov 1, 2005 at 4:30 AM

Hi there,

Do you have any recommendations for guided biking tours in the Scottsdale area (mountainbike rentals, outdoor adventure companies)?

Thanks from Austria & regards,
      Herwig

• mischka's Profile Photo

Scottsdale Arizona

by mischka Online Now Aug 20, 2005 at 8:22 PM

Hi Everyone.
      I am thinking of planning a trip to Scottsdale next February and would like to know a little about the place first hand.I will be travelling alone so it would need to be safe, convenient to shops, resaurents, etc. Also accomodation that is not too expensive. Anyone have any ideas?
      Thanks
      Mischka

5 Answers Nov 8, 2005 at 1:16 PM
    • Gwhynn's Profile Photo

How's the weather in Sept?

by Gwhynn Online Now Jul 7, 2005 at 1:03 PM

I will be coming to Scottsdale, AZ in September and since I have never visited Arizona before I'm not sure how to dress/pack. Do you have any ideas? Also looking for tour ideas (I have my eye on the Hummer ride and the Hot Air Balloon Ride):)~ FUN!

5 Answers Jul 15, 2005 at 1:07 PM
    • LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

How far is Phoneix Airport from Scotsdale?

by LolaSanFrancisco Online Now Apr 11, 2005 at 11:14 AM

How far is Phoneix Airport from Scotsdale? I trying to get 4 people to Scotsdale and the flights arrive at 8am in PHX. Where the heck is it?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2005 at 2:40 PM
    • travel nursing in scottsdale

by Canadiannurse Online Now Nov 3, 2004 at 4:45 PM

I a registered nurse in Ottawa Ontario Canada. I am looking into travel nursing in Scottsdale area at Shea Scottsdale Healthcare center. I will be coming down without a car, my recruiter has told me that i will have close housing. I have done some research and it sounds as though there is some public transporation so I can get around that way as well. I would like any info about the hospital and Scottsdale? Thank you Pernille

4 Answers Feb 22, 2005 at 8:53 PM
    • Christmas Day Dinner in Scottsdale Area

by shabingie Online Now Nov 3, 2004 at 6:41 AM

Hi Guys- I will be visiting my parents in Scottsdale for Christmas and my mom would like to eat out on Christmas Day rather than cook--she's 70 and doesn't want the hassle. Any ideas for an elegant holiday dinner that won't break the bank? I've check ed out Mary Elaine's at the Phoenician, but I think it's too pricey. Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 16, 2004 at 7:18 AM
    • almir&ara's Profile Photo

Clubs

by almir&ara Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 10:39 AM

I will be in Scottsdale next week 15th-19th and was wondering if there are any opinions on the clubs and lounges there? I have heard that the places close rather early and the drinking stops at midnight? We will be staying at the Hyatt Resort there and are definitely planning to go out dining and dancing every night. Thank you in advance for your replies. Almir&ara

3 Answers Dec 14, 2004 at 1:10 PM