Scotland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

more
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

more
    • Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

more
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

more
    • 8 days in Scotland

Isle of Skye Mar 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I am planning my family's first trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days. I am wondering if I should include the Isle of Skye? My children are 12 and 9 (my son turns 10 while we are there). So far I am planning 2 days in Edinburgh, 2 days for Perth and the surrounding areas, 2 days in Inverness and the surrounding areas and I was just wondering where best to spend the other 2 days. Thanks

more
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

6 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 4:59 AM
    • 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

2 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

5 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

5 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

7 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

17 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    • 8 days in Scotland

Isle of Skye Mar 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I am planning my family's first trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days. I am wondering if I should include the Isle of Skye? My children are 12 and 9 (my son turns 10 while we are there). So far I am planning 2 days in Edinburgh, 2 days for Perth and the surrounding areas, 2 days in Inverness and the surrounding areas and I was just wondering where best to spend the other 2 days. Thanks

10 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • rainerfrank's Profile Photo

50cc-motorbike to hire

Lerwick Mar 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM

by rainerfrank

Does any body know an agency or station or a private person in the area between Thurso and John 0`Groats or on the Orkneys of whom I can hire a 50cc or 80cc motorbike (scooter or dirtbike or similar)? I would like to go to Orkney Isles for some 5 days. Please answer soon as I am going at the end of april Thanks a lot for careing.
      With cordial greetings from Carinthia / Austria,
      Rainer

1 Answer Mar 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM

50cc-motorbike to hire

Kirkwall Mar 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM

by rainerfrank

Does any body know an agency or station or a private person in the area between Thurso and John 0`Groats or on the Orkneys of whom I can hire a 50cc or 80cc motorbike (scooter or dirtbike or similar)? I would like to go to Orkney Isles for some 5 days. Please answer soon as I am going at the end of april Thanks a lot for careing.
      Rainer

4 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 12:15 AM

50cc-motorbike to hire

John O'Groats Mar 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Rainer

9 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • visiting in August

Scotland Mar 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM

What should I pack for a trip 10-28 Aug?

11 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • Lord Provosts House

Glasgow Mar 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Was there ever a Lord Provosts House (other than Provand's Lordship) if so where was it.

1 Answer Mar 2, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • Is it worth it?

Isle of Skye Mar 1, 2014 at 3:30 PM

This will be my first trip to Scotland. I want to experience "authentic" Scotland, not a tourist trap. Is Isle of Skye the right place to go? How long should I spend there? Should I stay there, or just a day visit?

6 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • Day Trips and accomodation

Orkney Feb 28, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Should I stay in Kirkwall for easy access to day trips? I don't know if I will hire a car yet. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • Kinny811's Profile Photo

A working Mom (no time to plan) and a 14 year old daughter: traveling together

Glasgow Feb 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM

My daughter will have finished a school trip up in Glasgow, Scotland in June. I would like to meet her and then take a week to travel down towards London. No rush. . .we would like to make it an adventure, see little towns, try local fare, etc. I wish I knew more about the area, but I don't even know where to start. Help! :) Any guidance will give me a much needed boost and support net.

12 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    • Canny Tours

Inverness Feb 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Is Canny Tours (Inverness) still in business?
      I tried to email them from the address on their website, however it was returned to me as undeliverable.

5 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • Bike hire inveraray

Inveraray Feb 17, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Hi wandered if it is suitable to hire pedal bikes and if u can get a child seat on the back? We r staying in the argyll hotel and wandered what the walks r like for buggies?
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • Dress & shoes

Shetland Feb 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Hi, I am an Indian, coming to Shetland for 4 days in the end of March. What type of dress and shoes should I bring?

6 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • rosco2012's Profile Photo

one night in perth

Perth Feb 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi i want to know where is good to stay closest to the good night life?

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 4:04 AM
    • sanjuro66's Profile Photo

Strange question, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Scotland Feb 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I'll be in the "Low lands" in June. Being an avid "rockhound", are there any beaches out there, that someone can recommend for agate collecting? I know weird question...but I thought I would ask.:)

Henry

3 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Edinburgh in August

Scotland Feb 9, 2014 at 9:02 PM

I was thinking of adding a few days in Edinburgh onto my August trip, I haven't booked my air yet but the week that I'll be there with my husband is Aug 15-24. So I can add some days onto the beginning (probably the 10th-14th) or I can add onto the end (25th-31st). Just looking quickly I noticed that not only is the Fringe Festival going on for the 1st-25th but also the Military Tattoo from the 1st-23rd. Doesn't that make it crazy busy having both of them at once? Or are they really part of the same festival? I can squeak out a couple more days with the 25th-31st but if the Tattoo and Fringe Festival are amazing, then I can afford to pay the inflated prices.

Rooms, of course, are already being sold at a fortune even with plenty of availability. If my primary reason for going was to visit a couple of the castles in the surrounding area (Stirling, Craigmillar, Linlithgow are possibilities), might it make sense to stay outside of Edinburgh? Or would it be better to pay the extra if I want to see part of the Festival at night? I've made a cancellable reservation just in case I opt for the earlier dates, I do need to find some flights at some point

25 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • AdrianaW's Profile Photo

Safety with luggage - which one to bring?

Edinburgh Jan 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hello, I'm coming to the Edinburgh in april 2014 and I have for me very important question. What about daily luggage? When I will be in the city, walking, is safe to have a backpack? I am talking about thiefs. Do I need someting, what I can see, or is backpack alright? Many thanks for your answers.

9 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 4:12 AM
    • Mature ladies on walking holiday in Scotland - where to walk?

Scotland Jan 25, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Two mature ladies, very fit walkers, like to walk several areas in Scotland - moderate level. What is the best time to walk - preferably not main tourist season. Would really like to have a base and take daily walks from that base then move on to another area and have another base, we have about 4 - 5 weeks holiday. Appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks

13 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • MsHollyClaus's Profile Photo

Local Transport

Applecross Jan 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Is there any local transport either from Kyle or Inverness to Applecross, or from any reasonably close train station?

6 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 12:59 AM
    • Harris chess sets

Isle of Skye Jan 16, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Where can I buy a Harris Chess set in Portree

5 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Orkney Islands?!

Scotland Jan 14, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hey there,
      who can tell me something about the Orkney Islands?
      Thanks,
      Tom

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    • redhugh's Profile Photo

Traveling in the Highlands

Scotland Jan 4, 2014 at 12:09 PM

What is the best way to travel from Inverness to Oban?

7 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 2:38 AM