Scifelli

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• montacatini to Val D Orcia

Tuscany Aug 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM

We are staying in montactinI in mid October and are thinking about taking a day trip to the Val d orcia, maybe montapulciano for lunch then the sulfur baths in bagno vignoni. Is this a good idea or will it be too far to be worth our while?

more
    • longer term rentals in city center?

Spilimbergo Aug 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I"m thinking about taking some mosiac courses in Spilimbergo and then spending six months or so living there and using it as a homebase while I travel around the area (Slovania, etc.) My ideal would be to find a B&B or pension where I could rent a room with bath and breakfast for six months. I checked with Abergo Stella d'Oro and they gave me a great daily rate of 25 euros but that still comes to almost a thousand dollars a month. So I'm thinking about maybe renting a room with a family? Something like that? Or find a cheap apartment in the city center. (I won't have a car). I need to keep my monthly rent down to $600 including utilities. I only need one room, don't need a kitchen or anything like that.

Also, I keep hearing the weather is awful in Spilimbergo; a lot of rain mainly. I quite like rain but not crazy about cold and raining. (I would be there December through at least April, maybe longer) -- anyway, any ideas or comments or just general info on the city. Has anyone explored the "borderless trail" the alpe adria trail? It sounds magical.

Thanks,
      Tricia

more
    • Sandy beaches

Palau Aug 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Can you recommend some quiet beaches close to La Saline suitable for a 2 year old to play. We will have a car so can travel a few miles. Sand and rock pools would be ideal. La Saline beach looks unattractive. We are visiting in the first week in September. We are happy to walk some way from the car.

more
    • Bus to Praiano from Rome

Italy Aug 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Is there anyway to buy bus ticket on line for the 7:00 bus from Rome to Praiano out of Tiburtina Station ? Is Tiburtina Station difficult to get to from Pantheon district?

more
    • Antica Corte Pallavicina

Polesine Parmense Aug 12, 2014 at 4:18 AM

We will be staying at the Antica Corte Pallavicina in October, has anyone been there or know someone who has?

more
    • Charming Restaurant for Dinner

San Remo Aug 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on visiting San Remo tomorrow after a day at the beach and would like to have dinner there. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a nice fish restaurant there. Preferably something not too touristic and not overpriced.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

more
    • Need advice for a visit to the area.

Amalfi Jul 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Will be renting a villa in Riviera San Montano for a week in late May 2015. Was looking for advice for a couple of things to do as day trips. Want to relax on this trip, so I am not looking for action packed days that are filled from morning to bed time. Possibly a couple of half day trips but would be willing to take one full day adventure. Land or Sea would be fine. Not interested in shopping or endless museums. Historical sights, spas, water sports would be ok!

Also, suggestions for restaurants would be appreciated!

Thanks!

more
    • gggmmm122's Profile Photo

Holiday Making

Montefiascone Jul 24, 2014 at 2:49 AM

i have been asked to document some cool things to do in Montefiascone maybe some stuff on the lake and some in the town can you suggest?

more
    • Beach for free - Strand kostenlos

Bibione Yesterday

Hallo, can you tell me, where ist a beach for free (no pay)- Hallo, wo ist hier ein Strand ohne kosten, ohne zu zahlen ?
      Thanks Monika

more
    • 24hours in Verona on a budget

Verona Yesterday

Arriving by train we are considering staying at a BandB near the Stazione Porta Nueva(Fiored di Roby)...any suggestions for a better place to stay, best places to visit and inexpensive places to pick up a great sandwich or pizza? Thanks so much.
      Genevieve & Dan

more
    • Best Route?

Sardegna Aug 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM

What is the best sightseeing route to travel from north to south in Sardinia?

more
    • the Market on Friday 2nd August 2014

Menaggio Aug 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

My family and I were on holiday in Menaggio on Friday the 2nd of August. Early evening all the stalls arrived for the market event. I walked through them all and saw a stall at the beginning of the water front promenade bit with a man selling hand made terracotta houses which he makes with his wife (each one different and individual) they were beautiful. He also had other things like terracotta key rings, broaches and figurines... etc.... The houses are actually candle holders you put a tea light inside and it lights up the whole house - stunning! We bought one - Very happy. Unfortunately he did not put his name or details on his beautiful items and I have come home wishing that I had bought all of them....!! I cant stop thinking about them I really cant and really want to find this man so I can buy more of his houses - please please please if you can help me find out who he is and get him to contact me I would be so grateful!. They are such a beautiful memory of Menaggio and Italy I really love them. Can you help ? 

I look forward to your reply.

Grazie Mille Daniela

more
    • Massa Jewwlers

Bari Aug 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Im trying to locate a Jewelry Store I visited in 2002, in Bari I think I was named Massa or Masa or Mazza do you know of this store if so please help me locate their address or web site thank you

more
    • Bus Fine in Mestre

Mestre Aug 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I was in Mestre a week ago and received a fine while taking the bus to the airport on my way out of the country. I had validated my train ticket to get to Mestre and was told at the office that it would work for both the train and bus. Since I was in Italy for five days I used the train every day this was my first experience with the bus, I had used the water taxi and had the pass that worked on all public transportation so I assumed this was the same. I was wrong and received a fine even though the couple next to me who also did not have validated tickets was allowed to purchase tickets upon leaving the bus and I was not. No idea why even though I produced my validated train ticket and attempted to explain what happened. My question is is there a number or website I can go to pay the fine, or do I have to mail it in?

more
    • LOCATION ALAMO RENTAL CAR IN CENTRAL TERMINAL TRAIN STATION

Milan Aug 14, 2014 at 3:32 AM

WHERE IS ALAMO RENTAL LOCATED IN TRAIN STATION?

THANK YOU

more
    • barber shops

Bologna Aug 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM

are there many barber shops in bologna?

more
    • Hotel baths

Rome Aug 13, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on hotels. I would like to book a hotel room with a good bath. Preferably a large jacuzzi bath? My ideal is the suite in Rome Life Hotel. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • train service and schedule

Pinerolo Aug 13, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Hi, I will be arriving Turin on the 1st September 2014 via flight from Frankfurt, but I need to go to Pinerolo the same day. I need to know if there is any train services from Turin to Pinerolo. If yes, please advice me the train schedule. Thank you very much

Best regards,
      Gary
      fosber@hotmail.com

more
    • Train connection

Vicenza Aug 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM

What are the train connections from Vicenza to Florence? How often do such trains run and how long does the ride take?

more
    • Italian VIAcard

Milano Aug 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM

We are arriving at Milano (MXP) airport and was wondering if there is any place at the airport we can purchase a VIAcard?

more
    • resturaunt

Baveno Aug 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM

can you recommend local favorite for dinner

more
    • Ferry Travel after Oct. 5th

Bellagio Aug 11, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I am visiting Bellagio from Oct. 4th throught Oct. 9th. Is there ferry service after Oct. 5th? I cannot find a Fall/Winter schedule anywhere online.

more
    • overnight parking in Ppzzuoli

Pozzuoli Aug 11, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Where can I leave my car in Pozzuoli when I stay overnight in Ischia

more
    • best place to stay overnite near bus terminaal

Terni Aug 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Suggestions for quaint overnite accomodations near bus terminal from Rome

more
    • Visit to Lugano

Cadenabbia di Griante Aug 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM

How easy is it to make a day trip to Lugano from Cadenabbia?

more