change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Homanded's Profile Photo

RENTING A CAR

Salzburg Jan 19, 2015 at 7:13 PM

We are coming to Salzburg and will continue on to Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, back up through Bosnia & Herzegovina, Hungary and finishing up in Vienna.
      Does anyone know if there is a problem with driving a car in through any of these borders?
      We've heard a lot of conflicting reports due to higher theft dangers, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance,

Homer (and Ed)

more
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Recommendation for a Gasthof or Inn and "must-do" activities?

Hallstatt Jan 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I've researched Hallstatt a bit, and I know I want to spend a day and night there. Has anybody stayed at a reasonably priced and friendly Gasthof there that isn't far from the lake or center of town? Also, if I'm only spending 24 hours there, what would you recommend doing?

more
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Finding authentic Austrian folk music and dancing--or even Zither music?

Vienna Dec 31, 2014 at 5:39 PM

How do I find restaurants or Heurige that feature authentic Austrian folk music and dancing--or even Zither music? If possible, I am particularly interested in places that aren't too "touristy"--possibly on the outskirts of the city in Heurige?

more
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Dancing lessons in Vienna?

Vienna Dec 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Are there places in Vienna that teach the waltz and the polka in just one or two lessons?

more
    • Transport from Mayrhofen/Innsbruck to Trieste or Rijeka

Mayrhofen Jan 26, 2015 at 1:14 PM

How can we get from mayrhofen to trieste or rijeka? We were hoping to drive but it would appear that no company will let us drop off in either of these places.

more
    • akwan56's Profile Photo

Getting around in Villach

Villach Jan 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM

After dropping off my rental car at Sixt Car Rental at Kaerntner Bundesstrasse 17, 9586 Villach-Fuernitz, (about 7.2km from Villach Central Railway Station) after midnight, what is the best way to get back to the train station?

more
    • lvoss's Profile Photo

Quaint village off the beaten path

Klagenfurt Jan 1, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Is there a quaint Austrian village/town in Kärnten where people are friendly and there is a modest hotel? I'm looking to spend a day and night in such a village, but I will not have a car, so it must be reached by bus or train. I'd just like to take a walk or hike in the hills/mountains surrounding it and experience the quiet life, cuisine, wine, and gemütlichkeit of such a place. I will be spending a few days in Seeboden and Millstatt, but they are quite "touristy."

more
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Travel itenarary advise

Austria Jan 14, 2015 at 11:39 PM

We are an old age couple and wish to visit Austria this April. We plan to reach Zurich and then travel to Austria by train. We intend to spend 5 to 6 days in Austria. Our main limitation is that we can not walk more than one Km or 2 two at best. Our main interests are
      Alpine peaks with lot of snow,
      Beautiful lakes and water falls
      Gardens with lot of colourful flowers
      Palaces if we have to walk short distances
      Cathedrals with architectural marvels

We do not like museums and any thing related with History.

Our tentative itinerary is one day at Innsbruck, one day at Salzburg and three days at Vienna.

We invite experts to suggest a suitable plan for our travel and visits
      Also suggest a budget accommodation near to train stations for places of suggested stay.

more