Schoonhoven Travel Answers

change location
GladToGoRose's Profile Photo

Best way to see city after 4;30pm

by GladToGoRose Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Our river tour will arrive at Schoonhoven at about 4:30 and is scheduled to depart at 7:30 the following morning. Will there be any museums open after 4:30 in the afternoon. Can you tell me anything about the Dump Store, such as it operating hours, etc. Also is there a special food that I should try while we are there, our meals will be served onboard the ship, but a special coffee, pastry, etc., would be a welcome suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Re: Best way to see city after 4;30pm

by Pijlmans Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Hello,

It probably will be too late to see any museums as most will close at 17.00. It seems also the tourist office will be closed by that time.

Best way to enjoy Schoonhoven may be to just walk around a bit. You can have a look at my page for an impression. You could go and have a look at the Bonrepas mill: "Schoonhoven" - Schoonhoven by Pijlmans

Google told me this about the Dump Store: koestraat.nu/pages/dumpshop....

Cheers,
    Dennis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Best way to see city after 4;30pm

by wentbytrain Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM

there is not really special local food there. You may try-but I think its only sold in some special shops and if there is a market going on (will have closed anyway by that time too) the boerenkaas= made by farmers themselves the old traditional way, in various tastes. But obviously from nearby in the country-not in town. Close by is the town of GOUDA (bus ev 30 mins-takes about 35 mins) which is most famous for its stroopwafels- even far outside of Netherlands.

• GladToGoRose's Profile Photo

by GladToGoRose Online Now May 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Fortunately our boat was early, so we had extra time in Schoonhoven. Loved the city. Visited the Dump Store, bought a little crystal sugar dispenser. Also walked through the tunnel and took the little boat that you pull yourself across the canal. Never saw anything like that before, it was fun. People here seemed especially friendly, and the city was so cute and beautiful.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines