Schloss Neuschwanstein

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to Weltenberg

Weltenburg 11 hours ago

We will be coming from Kelheim and were thinking about hoofing it at some point to the Abbey, and then boating back. Can anyone advise on where to catch a reasonable walking point? And about one way on ferry back?

more
    • cost taxi fare

Passau Apr 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Taxi fare from Passau Railway Stn to Hotel Passaeur Wolf Hotel.

more
    • How would I get here from Munich?

Ettal Mar 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hello,

How would I get to this beautiful town from Munich via the rail system? I will only have my global rail pass during my time in Europe but I have fallen in love with the beauty and peacefulness of Ettal.

Thanks,
      Kaycee

more
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

more
    • Roseninsel

Starnberger See Apr 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I really want to see Roseninsel :) I'm note really sure on which S bahn station is better to drop off. Feldafing? Possenhofem? Is it far if I walk from the S station?

more
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

more
    • Lindau / Lake Konstanz in Easter April 2014

Lindau Mar 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are a couple with a 2 year old daughter and wish to travel to Lindau & Lake Constance in April 2014 during Easter. How is the weather during this period historically and will there be tourists shops / travel boats / restaurants open during this time.
      We want to make Lindau our base with a holiday apartment for 4-5 nights. Any suggestions on nearby excursions / car drives most welcome...will be hiring a car from Memmengin airport.
      Thanks so much for your time.

more
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

Munich Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

more
    • mountain climbing/hiking

Passau Apr 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Looking for a beautiful place to hike/climb not far from Passau. Preferably the alps.

more
    • basstbn's Profile Photo

From boat to train station?

Nürnberg Apr 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We will be arriving in Nürnberg (late June) via Viking Cruise Line, and traveling on to Prague. Because we are taking a diversion from the Viking package, we will be on our own regarding transportation to the Nürnberg train or bus station. Can anybody in the VT community tell us how to get from the boat docks to the central stations?

more
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

more
    • Student Traveler

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

more
    • Travel to Geiselwind

Geiselwind Apr 13, 2014 at 7:15 AM

How can i go to Geiselwind from Frankfurt airport? Is there any bus or train? How much will i spend for it? What time can i take the bus or train?

more
    • Will Wurzburg train platforms be listed on D bahn?

Würzburg Mar 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM

We are going from Rothenburg to Frankfurt Airport with a connection in Wurzburg. There is little time between trains and no platforms listed. I am wondering how to find out the platform numbers ahead so we don't miss the train.

more
    • path to castle

by lunsfoe Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 5:19 AM

How long is the hike to the castle?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • GeiserGeyser's Profile Photo

Best Bavarian towns

by GeiserGeyser Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM

My family and I are planning to drive from Munich to Neuschwanstein castle for a day trip this July. We would like to see some smaller Bavarian towns, and are considering stopping in Obergammergau because I have read it is fairly close. Is there any Bavarian town more directly on the route to Schloss Neuschwanstein that would be worth a visit?

9 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    • TheStalleys's Profile Photo

Day trip

by TheStalleys Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Would it be easier to take a day trip to Schloss Neuschwanstein from Innsbruck in Austria or from Munich? We would have a hire car so would drive ourselves. Thanks

5 Answers Oct 25, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    • Neuschwanstein/ Legoland

by Bimalaggarwal Online Now Jun 10, 2011 at 12:28 PM

We wish to visit Logoland in Günzberg, and Neuschwanstein Castle.
      We would be travelling from Switzerland and back.
      Any recommendation as to which place to visit first, and for overnight stay
      would be helpful.
      We would be travelling by car.
      --
      Upon looking at maps/googling, I have understood so far that we could stay at Füssen or Günzberg. Any other opttions? Any hotel rcommendations?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    • From Neuschwanstein castle to Durbach

by Arismou Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Hello All,
      Will be driving from Neuschwanstein castle to Durbach.
      Instead of getting motorway 7 and 8. If I drive thru Titisee and Freiburg, is this road more tiring driving and more causious to drive thru the mountains?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    • Hot Air baloon in Schloss Neuschwanstein

by spygliuxas Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Hello,

Does anybody know where we could hire hot air baloon to see the castle from the air and how much (July 2010)?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
      Egle

2 Answers Apr 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM
    • Sojna's Profile Photo

Trying to find the best timing!

by Sojna Online Now Apr 2, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Hi, I am trvelling to Neuschwanstein, end of August, and I would like to reserve tickets via internet, to avoid lining up.
      The question is: If my train arrives at Hohenschwangau at 10.15, what time should I book the guided tour? I haven' t still decided how to get up to the castle, but since I have a young children, I might have pressure to take the horse carriage! Anyway, please, count a plenty amount of time, so as not to get to the castle, all stressed up. Thank you very much for your help!

2 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    • tobu's Profile Photo

Fussen and Schloss Neuschwanstein

by tobu Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Hi all,

In 2 weeks (Fri 16/04/10)I'm visiting Fussen,I'll spend there 3 nights and I'v got few questions.

1)Do I need to buy train ticket from Memingen to Fussen in advance? Or it should be okey, if i will buy it when i'll get there? I have no idea how busy this train could be on friday around lunch time.(and the same on the way back on Monday around 10am)
      As I checked bahn.de web page, i did not find any direct connection, most of them are with interchange in Buchloe.

2)I would like to walk from Fussen to Schloss Neuschwanstein,but i do not want to go inside. Do I need to buy ticket for this castle?
      Can I just walk up on the hill, pass both castles and then walk through Marienbrucke up towards Tegelberg?

3)Any tips for companies renting bicycles in Fussen? Read on VT that cycling paths are excellent there.

Thank you for all your replies.
      Tomas.

5 Answers Apr 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    • loislois's Profile Photo

A little help on route planning ?

by loislois Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Once we arrive at the village in the foothill of the castle and take the tickets for the castle tour, how we can go up there?

I mean is this better to go by bus to Marienbrucke and then go walking down the hill to the castle

OR

will be better to go straight to the castle and how on foot or somehow else?

Of course I try to figure the easiest route because of that we will have small kids with us and try to find the easiest way :)

Thanks

12 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    • loislois's Profile Photo

Is 1 day enough for both Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles ???

by loislois Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Is 1 day enough for both Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles ???

We plan to be there on a working day (no weekend.

Will start our journey at 10.00 hours from Garmish. Add a stop to Oberammergau.

Also please let me another one question : Usually, how is the wheather in the middle of July ?

Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 2:44 PM
    • forest scene singers hall

by weeksr Online Now May 5, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I visited singers hall at Schloss Neuschwanstein in February. I fell in love with the forest scene. I want to find a reprint for my home. I have been searching for two months without success. The administration for the castle has not been helpful and the people for the culture administrator are not returning my calls. Can you help?

3 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • shadow's Profile Photo

Front view of the castle

by shadow Online Now Mar 4, 2009 at 6:11 AM

Do someone know how to reach the location from which one can get the panoramic view where you can see the front view of the castle (for example:panoramio.com/photo/10963977...? Is there a trail or is this view only accessible by air (helicopter or balloon)?

16 Answers Jun 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    • Neuschwanstein for the elderly

by agni321 Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Next month I will be taking my mother and aunt on a trip to Bavaria and I would like them to see Neuschwanstein because I remember how magical it was when I was there many years ago. I read that there are many steps to go up and although both are in good health, I'm not sure they could make the climb. Is there any way to avoid the steps on the tour?

7 Answers Mar 2, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    • mariana_11's Profile Photo

The exit of the tour

by mariana_11 Online Now Feb 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I am looking for help!
      I was in the castle in June of 1995, I remember almost everything, but I can´t see where does the tour finish. I mean , I supose, that the large stairs (where is a dragon) what is placed in a tower it´s the final point, and the last that we see is the singers saloon, but after go downstairs....... what is the last door we must pass to stay in the open?
      And, by the way, counting the windows, I see 5 floors. 1- there is where the tour starts. 2nd is "the empty one" in which is a bar and shopping 3rd is the King´s rooms 4th the the throne room, and 5th???
      Thank you very much

2 Answers Feb 21, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    • Trains to the castle?

by chloegovan Online Now May 17, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Hi

I am travelling from Salzburg to the castle, and was hoping to take a train to Fussen, but on bahn.de there are many options, one of which is: Fußenberg, Wenzenbach - is this the right station? Or would it be better to travel to Hohenschwangau instead?
      I notice both take a similar amount of time.
      Also I would like to go to the bridge for a view of Neuschwanstein but have my elderly mother travelling with me (very active but in her 60s) and I do not want her to walk. is there a better way of getting to the top and is it possible to take a horse and carriage?

5 Answers Jun 10, 2008 at 4:57 AM
    • Looking for picture magnets

by LudmillaMcglamery Online Now Sep 23, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Are Castle picture magnets (5x8 cm) available for sale, if so, how?

1 Answer Oct 2, 2007 at 4:54 AM
    • Hugs4fun's Profile Photo

How to get there.

by Hugs4fun Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 1:38 PM

I'm wanting to go visit Schloss Neuschwanstein, but not exactly sure how to get there. I will only be traveling by train/bus. Are there buses and or trains near by?

4 Answers Oct 30, 2007 at 7:39 AM
    • one day enough?

by Gundachetty Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to see neuschwanstein,Hohenschwangau,Linderhoff castles in one day. we reach Hohenschwangau at 11.30am that day.

if i book my tickets thru internet, can i collect them in Hohenschwangau and then start to move to neuschwanstein? should i specify my time to Hohenschwangau castle too.. cannt i go there anytime after seeing N castle first?

Many thanks in advance to all replies!!

2 Answers Aug 22, 2007 at 6:07 PM
    • VictoriaCampbell's Profile Photo

Walk from Jugend Point to Castle

by VictoriaCampbell Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 5:30 PM

I have read that you can walk from the Point and the Bridge downhill to the Castle. One posting said that elderly people should avoid this path as it is steep. I am travelling with my 75 year old mother who is very active. Can anyone tell me if this path is truly too steep? Thanks in Advance. Victoria (montana@sympatico.ca) London, Ontario Canada

7 Answers Oct 8, 2007 at 8:55 AM
    • VictoriaCampbell's Profile Photo

Hot Air Balloon Over Neuschwanstein Castle

by VictoriaCampbell Online Now Aug 11, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Does anyone know of a company that offers hot air balloon rides over or near the castle? I want to use every opportunity for the perfect photo of the castle while visiting the area from Canada. This is be my only trip to Germany and I don't want to come home with any regrets. If there are no hot air balloons companies does anyone have any other feasible idea? I will arrive in the area on October 16th, 2007

Victoria
      montana@sympatico.ca

3 Answers Aug 12, 2007 at 2:28 AM
    • Timing for quick trip of both castles???

by bobbi_p Online Now Aug 3, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Hi,

I wanted to book tour tickets via the web page, but I see that the requested time slots for the tours are total blanks. If the tours begin at 9 AM, I want to hike up to the bridge for my photo ops, and I want to tour both castles, what's the minimum time spacing I should request? Which castle would you suggest touring first to potentially leave my photography opportunities until after the tours?

Any timing tips for us on a tight schedule will be greatly appreciated. (We're staying in at Pension Schwansee in Schwangau, so we're hoping for an early morning tour and perhaps photo ops the evening before.)

Thanks!
      Bobbi_P

1 Answer Aug 3, 2007 at 1:48 PM
    • outdoorz13's Profile Photo

From Munich to Neuschwanstein??

by outdoorz13 Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Hi, I'll be in Munich on Sept 23, 2007 and I want to spend the day traveling to see the Neuschwanstein Castle. I do not feel a desire to go inside the castle, just want to see the grounds, the views, the bridge, the lake. I do not want to drive myself, but am willing to take the train or bus or tour group. I've never taken a European train before.

If I take the train, where do I get off the train? Do I then take a bus from the train station to the castle? Is there a bus from Munich to the castle? Or do you suggest a tour company from Munich?

I'll be alone so want to know if this is easy to do. Thank you for your help!! It's my last day in Europe so I'd hate to get lost...hehe.

7 Answers Aug 17, 2007 at 5:10 PM
    • Fussen to Munich

by swedeepea Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 3:04 PM

After visiting Schloss Neuschwanstein, I will be driving to Munich. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about good places to visit along the way. I am considering Andechs Monestery. As well, I am traveling with older children. Any ideas? Thank you.

3 Answers Apr 19, 2007 at 1:04 PM
    • Visiting the grounds without the inside tour

by lolopasstrail Online Now Jun 8, 2006 at 5:31 AM

WIll be driving by the area and would like to stop at the castle and park. Would also like to walk up the hill to the castle and around it, but don't really have time for a tour.

Is it possible to walk up to the castle without purchasing the tour tickets?

Many thanks,

4 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 8:59 PM
    • Accomodations nearby

by grannyfranny Online Now May 20, 2006 at 9:30 AM

Does anyone know of a place to stay for the night close to the castle that is not too expensive? There will be three of us looking for only one night accomodations. We are just looking for a safe, clean place. We will be coming in by train so we need to be near a train station and will need transportation to get to the castle. Any ideas, anyone? Thank you

1 Answer May 20, 2006 at 9:39 AM
    • Marienbrücke? Better view?

by sabsi Online Now Aug 8, 2005 at 1:16 PM

Hiya!

Soon I'll be able to cross one more place off my "to go before i'm old and grey"-list: Neuschwanstein!!!!

As Germans hardly ever go there I couldn't get good tips on where to go and where not to go yet. That's why I ask here now.

(1) I've heard that Marienbrücke is the place to get pictures of the castle? How do I get there? Is it really the best place for picture taking or is there a better one?

(2) I am not too interested to go inside the castle. Will I still have to pay when I just want to go to Marienbrücke or do I pay at the gate of the castle? Is the inside any interesting?

(3) What's the parking situation?

(4) Anything else I shouldn't miss?

Thanks a lot in advance for all your answers. You see, it's not easy being a tourist in your own country ;)

Sabsi

10 Answers Sep 3, 2005 at 7:29 AM
    • Wedding Photography/ Location

by wiamy Online Now May 30, 2005 at 1:39 PM

I would like to get some information on wedding or professional photography service in the region...(with the castle in the background) can you list some website or contacts that I can reach?
      Thanks in advance!!

• Train/Bus question..

by mifro Online Now May 26, 2005 at 12:32 PM

We are planning a day trip to Fussen to see the castles. We will be traveling by train from Schweinfurt. Its about a 5 1/2 ride, so of course we will be leaving very early to get there early. When arriving in Fussen, is the bus located outside the station to take you to the castles or do you need to walk somewhere to catch it?

Any idea how much the bus ticket will cost? We are also traveling with a 1 year old so we will of course be bringing a stroller with us. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2 Answers May 26, 2005 at 6:57 PM
    • Whatever Happened to Alpenrose?

by Myds Online Now Mar 22, 2005 at 4:46 AM

Hotel Alpenrose was the last hotel along Alpsee Strasse in Hohenschwangau and it overlooked Alpsee. I have been trying to find a contact to make reservations but haven't been able to find the hotel anywhere. The last time I was in Hohenschwangau was in 1992. Can anyone tell me what happened to it? Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 9, 2007 at 3:07 AM
    • From Innsbruck to Nueschwanstein castle

by pattara Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 12:57 AM

Hi, I am staying in Innsbruck Austria. I am planning to visit Nueschwanstein castle on Feb 14 or 16 or 17 this year. Could you please tell me how I can go to Nueschwanstein castle from Innsbruck. I have heard that there are the bus to go but I couldn't find the details (timetable or fee). If someone knows the details of the bus or the other way to go to Nueschwanstein castle from Innsbruck, please tell me. Thank you in advance. Pattara

3 Answers Jan 12, 2005 at 5:23 AM