Schiphol

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Luggage Depot at Schiphol

Amsterdam Jan 22, 2016 at 11:32 AM

I am travelling from South America, with my fiancee, to Africa. We are spending a few days in Europe (during the winter) and then we are travelling from Paris (CDG) to Tanzania via Amsterdam. We have a 2 hour layover on our outbound and then we are travelling Tanzania-Amsterdam-Bogota with a 5h layover in Amsterdam. Most of our travelling in Tanzania involves light aircraft and therefore cannot carry our winter clothes to Africa. We have thought about taking two carryons and storing them at Amsterdam (for 10 days), picking them up on our 5h layover and taking them back home. I read there are Luggage depot but cannot find where it is. Would we be able to store the bags with a 2h layover from Paris? Would we have to clear customs on our inbound to collect the stored bags??

more
    • Amy27592's Profile Photo

Last min accommodation

Amsterdam Jan 24, 2016 at 3:00 AM

Bit of a general question here, have people found that pre booking hotels, b&bs, hostels is cheaper? Or do they charge more on the day? Cause they know your desperate? Or is it worth me planning ahead? Iv planned my whole trip but have a spare 3 days so was planning on flying from Paris, it will be in mid August.

more
    • How to pack light

Amsterdam Jan 28, 2016 at 12:49 PM

We are going to Amsterdam May 1st for 14 days. Then a stop in Istanbul for 2 days. We are from Texas and it will be warm when we leave home but I'm reading that it is much cooler there. I am hoping to pack very light with only the essentials..which is going to be a challenge for this Texas girl!
      Also, no white tennis shoes??? I read they stand out and you will be spotted as an American tourist immediately.
      Any helpful packing tips would be greatly appreciated as well.
      Thank you!

more
    • Flying into Amsterdam transiting to Rome

by Sap739 Online Now Oct 21, 2015 at 11:40 AM

Flying into Amsterdam from Bwi via Wow air and then flying to Rome via Easyjet
      is 3 hours enough time to make our connection?
      We will have checked bags and neither airline has a baggage code share agreement.

1 Answer Oct 21, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    • flying through to India

by JaneeJ Online Now Oct 12, 2015 at 2:16 PM

Is a 2 hour layover enough and do I need to go though customs?

7 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM
    • Transfer at Amsterdam

by LACK13 Online Now Sep 30, 2015 at 2:41 PM

I am flying from Boston to Amsterdam with Delta and then Amsterdam to Glasgow with KLM. I have 1 hour and 40 mins between flights. My bags should be checked all the way through so I shouldn't need to pick them up and recheck. I was just wondering if I will have to go through security/passport control again before the flight to Glasgow?
      Thanks

6 Answers Oct 4, 2015 at 9:38 AM
    • 55 minutes between flights

by trainlady Online Now Sep 13, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I will be connecting from a Delta flight from Atlanta, Georgia, United States to another Delta flight to Bergen Norway thru Amsterdam. Will I make it? Do I go thru immigration or security again in Amsterdam before boarding flight to Bergen. Thanks.

6 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 7:17 AM
    • 50min. layover in Schiphol travelling ATH-AMS-ATL

by thanos0111 Online Now Sep 4, 2015 at 2:29 AM

Hello ,

i'm travelling(EU passport holder) from Athens,GR to Atlanta,US through Amsterdam,NL and have a 50min transfer time in AMS on October 21st.
      I bought a single ticket and both flights are KLM.
      Is that enough time??Do i have to go through passport control AND a Security check???Does this happen at the departuring gate??
      Do i have to go through a CBP/US border control secutiry checkpoint/interview?? Do i have to pick up my baggage and check thjem again in Schiphol?
      Thank you for your help since this is the first time i have such a short connection time and Schiphol has a new central security system.

Thank you in advance

3 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • EU Citizen Travelling with Non-Eu Wife

by JamesW78 Online Now Sep 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Going through Schiphol in two weeks, coming in direct from Vancouver. I'm an Irish citizen with my Irish passport, my wife is Canadian, but we'll also have our son, who is also travelling on an EU passport. Will it be an issue to bring her through the EU passport lines with me and our son? We are coming in when a lot of international flights are coming through, there can be quite the lines for non EU I noticed last time I came through on this flight

7 Answers Sep 3, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    • Transit to landside, visa necessary?

by joe.nkmr Online Now Jul 22, 2015 at 11:39 PM

I am an Indonesian and willing to travel to Milan. I have a flight using KLM which transit in Schipol for about 6 hours. Is it possible for me to go landside to meet e friend outside the airport? How is the procedure and do I need a visa since I hold a Schengen visa for short-stay in Milan? This is my first time transit in Schipol, I want to go for sight-seeing so bad (outside the airport if possible).Any suggestion what could I do or anywhere to go?
      Thank you for the help in advance :)

3 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Layover in Schiphol

by CR249 Online Now Jul 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM

I have a flight from Edinburgh to Berlin Tegel airport in a few months with a 12 hour layover in Schiphol airport flying with KLM. I'm a UK citizen so I assume i'll be allowed to leave the airport? There aren't any special passes or fees involved are there? Also will my luggage automatically be transferred through to Berlin or will i have to collect it and check it in again? I don't really want to carry a suitcase round Amsterdam for hours if given the option. Any help appreciated.

8 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 11:53 AM
    • Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam to Havana

by Tiara70 Online Now Jul 10, 2015 at 6:54 AM

Hi. Am planning on flying to Amsterdam via MAS (arriving at 630 am) and thereafter catch a flight at 1030 am same day to Havana via KLM. Is there sufficient time to make the transfer?

3 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM
    • Transfer via Schiphol and only 1hour 20mins between flights

by katsbla Online Now Jul 9, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hello,

I have to pick the luggage up and do the check in again at Schiphol and I've seen some horror stories where people claim I'd need at least three hours in between flights for that..

Please tell me this is not true!

Traveling from UK to Estonia via Amsterdam.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Kind Regards,

Kat

4 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 11:13 PM
    • First Time Flyer

by Lyla26 Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Hi... I've joined this site in a desperate attempt to get some information before I travel alone for the first time in August! I'm travelling to Detroit, through Sciphol, and I'm very nervous about it after hearing that it's such a huge airport. How will I know where to go, how do I know where my next gate is and how to find it? I've read about schengen and non schengen areas but don't know what this means in relation to security checks etc for me! It's all very stressful, please help!

31 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 3:58 PM
    • Layover time

by RenoKidd Online Now May 21, 2015 at 3:49 AM

I am traveling from the USA on a KLM flight, operated by Delta, to Warsaw, Poland. I have a 1hour 25 minute layover in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport. The connecting flight is a KLM flight. I appears I will arrive at the D concourse and whereas my connecting flight leaves from the C concourse. Will I have enough time? Will I have to go through customs? Will I need to go through security again? Anything else I should prepare for?

4 Answers May 25, 2015 at 9:35 AM
    • Transfer to San Fransisco

by marahkh Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Good morning , I am Syrian traveling to US by KLM and have US visa .and transferring in Schiphol do I need anything?

Thanks a lot

3 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 7:41 AM
    • Transfer time

by SNiven Online Now Jan 31, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Im a UK citizen arriving from Bangkok on China Airlines CI66 at 09:15, I have another flight on a seperate ticket with KLM to Glasgow departing at 12:10. Is this giving me enough time to go through immigration, collect my luggage and leave arrivals hall and check in with KLM?

8 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM
    • immigration at schipol

by ferguson2263 Online Now Jan 26, 2015 at 1:05 AM

sorry a few mistakes in my question so i will try again .Im a uk citizen travelling from Canada to Schipol then on connecting flight to uk so do i need to go through immigration at Schipol or can i wait to do this once in the uk Reason im asking is im pushed for time between flights only got an hour

6 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 11:56 AM
    • immigration at schipo

by ferguson2263 Online Now Jan 26, 2015 at 12:57 AM

im a uk citizen travelling from canada to amsterdam with a connecting flight to the uk so do i need to go through immigration as im pushed for time

1 Answer Jan 27, 2015 at 12:23 AM
    • SimbaandNicole's Profile Photo

Traveling with my cat

by SimbaandNicole Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I am traveling over the holidays from the US to Switzerland via Amsterdam Schiphol and reverse route back to the US.
      Do I have to go through customs with my cat in Schiphol either direction? Is one hour enough time to change flights with my cat?

6 Answers Nov 28, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    • Meeting a Friend

by miak2028 Online Now Nov 17, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Hello!

I have a 4 hour layover (flying Uganda to USA) and hope to meet a non-flying friend in the airport. Is this possible in this time frame? Can I pass through security?

Thank you!
      Mia

10 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • Collect luggage

by AlexeyP1 Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Do I need to collect my luggage in Amsterdam airport and then check it in again if I fly from toronto to ansterdam with KLM and from amsterdam to russia with aeroflot?

5 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM
    • Immigration at Schiphol

by janey428 Online Now Sep 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Hi, I am traveling from Manila to Stockholm via Amsterdam with a Schengen tourist visa. Do I need to pass by immigration at Schiphol to get to my connecting flight to Stockholm on the same day (interval of 3 hours)? I am taking KLM on both flights, by the way. Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 25, 2014 at 10:45 PM
    • Transfer from KLM to Aerlingus

by Joednegan Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I am flying KLM from Sweden to Amsterdam and connecting with Aerlingus.
      Aerlingus don't print online boarding passes for Amsterdam so I have to go to check-in.
      I arrive at 1900hrs and departure is at 2030.
      I only have hand luggage.
      Is there enough time.

4 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    • transit time

by PA7 Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Is two hours reasonable to transit from a flight on Delta from Seattle to AMS and then to SAS to Copenhagen?
      I was not sure if I have to go through passport control in Schiphol or just when I get to Denmark.

3 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • Do I need to collect luggage at LHR?

by s41r4 Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Do I need to collect luggage at heathrow on the way there?
      Also on return, I would like to get my luggage at London, can I do that? or would it already be checked in for the connecting flight to AMS?

9 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Time to meet a friend?

by Chilly789 Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I will be traveling to Dubai in a couple of months but will have a 3h25m layover and I was wondering if that's enough time to meet a friend outside of passport control for lunch or something before I head to my connecting flight.

6 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • Cabin baggage security checks to US destinations

by Caledosa Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Hello there,
      I am flying from Amsterdam to New York. Will I need to switch on my computer during security checks on my hand baggage?
      Thanks

16 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    • Transit Visa

by Singh123 Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Do you need a transit visa when travelling to Canada and transiting in Amsterdam? I have a Kenyan passport.

3 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 5:46 AM
    • Transit via amsterdam

by Ik1980 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Nigerian citizen with US green card. Will transit in amsterdam for 9 hours. Can I leave the airport to do a city tour with no visa? If not, will book another ticket as I would hate to sit at an airport for that long

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    • Mobypark.com

by Elizabeth.Ditrinco Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Heeft iemand ervaring met langparkeren via Mobypark.com op schiphol? In Amsterdam werkt het prima, maar heb het nog nooit voor de lange termijn gebruikt. Zie ook: http://bit.ly/1r7SO1D

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • Cat traveling as carry on

by sophia805 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I will be traveling from Israel to Detriot, Michigan with my cat on a Delta flight . I want to travel with him as a carry on. Will there be any problems at the airport? I am not leaving the airport .

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • Visa from Canada necessary?

by scaylett Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Do I need a visa to fly from Vancouver, Canada to Amsterdam (one ticket)? Then to fly to Athens the next day. These are separate tickets. Both are KLM flights.

5 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 10:56 AM