Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• train ticket price from schiphol to amsterdam

by leemh03 Online Now 15 hours ago

train ticket price from schiphol to amsterdam city center

2 Answers 14 hours ago
    • transit with checked luggage

by aizatsyafandie Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 3:02 AM

im travelling from cork to kuala lumpur with 16 hours transit in amsterdam. i need to checked out my bag. so after i checked out my bag can i stay/sleep in the airport without getting chase away? if not, is there any amy i can i get back into transit area where i can sleep.. it is 16 hours layover anyway...

14 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • transit visa

by huwakka Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 3:43 AM

hi, if i am traveling from mumbai to cork via amsterdam. i have a connecting flight in amsterdam after 2hrs. i hold the visa for Ireland. do i need to have transit visa.

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    • Changing flights at Shiphol

by Nerila Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 7:03 AM

My husband Nigerian citizen who has an EEA Family Permit issued in UK is travelling with KLM from London to Nigeria via Amsterdam Shiphol. Does he need a transit visa?

7 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • 5 hrs enough to exit AMS for tour?

by Midtownmommy Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM

We have a 5 hr layover in AMS, traveling on KLM/Delta on March 18th, 2014. I'll try to ensure my bags are checked through so we don't have to collect our checked bags. I've red that 4 hours is the minimum to safely exit AMS to see the city for an hour, and that you really need 6 hrs. Is 5 hrs to risky? We are Americans, DEL-AMS-DTW

7 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Going through immigration on connecting flight

by travelerMN Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I am traveling from Minneapolis USA to Cape Town. There is a layover in Schiphol. Will I need to go through immigration there or just a security check point?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • bathroom use

by lesser160 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 5:18 PM

what happens if you need to use a bathroom after clearing security and waiting to board the plane? My wife has a medical condition requiring frequent use of bathroom facilities.

8 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    • SG-AMS-Cork via KLM and then Aer Lingus, Visa needed?

by rayrafael18 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hi, I'm a Filipino working for an Irish based company and I'll be traveling from Singapore to Amsterdam and then have my connecting flight there to Cork. I fly KLM from SG-AMS and have 2hrs interval before my flight to AMS-Cork via Aer Lingus. If I have checked-in baggage do I need to pass immigration to collect it and re check-in again? I have my schengen visa valid 3 days after when I return to AMS from Cork because they said I don't need any visa to transit. But I'm flying to different airlines and I'm not sure if they have codeshare flights. Help please?

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • Manchester to Geneva, via Schipol (40 minute connection time)

by EthelM Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I have a 40 minute connection time. I am NOT an EU passport holder. Will I have enough time to make this KLM transfer? The MAN to SCH flight is standard KLM, while the SCH to GVA is on KLM Cityhopper. KLM website says I do, apparently.

Will I have to go through Passport Control AND Security? I will connecting from non-Schengen (UK) to a Schengen area flight. Thanks!

10 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    • Boohawk13's Profile Photo

Baggage claim for a continuing Delta flight?

by Boohawk13 Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I am flying from SEA through AMS to LHR on Delta. I have always had hand luggage but this time will need to check. Does checked luggage have to be claimed in AMS and go through security or does it just go on to LHR.

5 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    • time to quickly see the city

by crw150 Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I'll be flying on a Sunday, Delhi to AMS to BOS. I'll be in business class if that helps with security lines. My bags should check right thru and with a 3 hr 40min layover, do I have enough time to take the train into the city and take a few pictures? Thanks!

9 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM
    • transfer procedure

by jinjean Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Hi, I am flying from Prague to Singapore and I will be transferring at Schiphol airport. May I know what are the procedures that I will go through during the transfer? Thanks:)

4 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    • catching connecting flight

by luckycyril Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM

i am travelling from birmingham uk to bangkok via amsterdam i have both boarding passes do i need to go through passport control once or twice?

6 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • TRANSIT VIA AMSTERDAM

by saintcally Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 7:01 AM

AM A NIGERIAN HOLDING A NIGERIAN PASSPORT AND HAVE A CONNECTING FLIGHT FROM MEXICO VIA AMSTERDAM TO NIGERIA..WONDERING IF I NEED A TRANSIT VISA TO REMAIN IN THE INTERNATIONAL TRANSIT AREA

7 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • Whiskey bought at Aberdeen airport

by Nellisvh Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Can i buy whiskey at aberdeen airport when flying to South Africa via Schiphol?

5 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    • parcel sent from post office in AMS airport

by edgarsanchezvernaza Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

can i send a parcel of 2kg to france from the post office in the communication centre in ams airport?

2 Answers Sep 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    • Can we stay overnight at airport?

by EuropeBound1234 Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM

We arrive at 1AM from Lisbon at Schiphol and will have a 10AM flight on Delta back to US. Would we be able to stay at the departure terminal, or once we clear passport control will we be stuck in the baggage claim/exit area? We are trying to see if we should get a hotel, or if there are more comfortable places to stay at the airport. What is the security procedures for arriving?

5 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM
    • Clearing customs

by Fifitrixitraveller Online Now Aug 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I'm travelling from aberdeen via schipol to Vancouver via Minneapolis to refuel do I have to clear customs in USA then again in Vancouver? I only have a few hours in Minneapolis.

8 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    • baggage claim

by sofia.boarelli Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 4:56 AM

I have booked a ticket from Rome to Boston via Amsterdam. My transfer is almost 13 hours long. What do I have to do with my checked-in baggage? Do I have to collect it and then check-in again before my next flight to Boston?
      Thank you for your help,

Sofia

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • Visa

by hmwai Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I am flying from the US to Amsterdam and then to Nairobi, Kenya. I have a Kenyan passport. At Amsterdam, I will have to switch from Delta to Kenyan Airways. My first question is whether I will have to recheck my luggage? If so, will I have to leave the international transit and pass through customs again? If so, do I have to get a Schengen visa just to get back on the plane?

4 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    • smilingirisheyes's Profile Photo

how much extra time to get to Schiphol by car in evening rush hour traffic.

by smilingirisheyes Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Coming from the south. Any ideas.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    • Transit Schipol Without a Passport

by wexila Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I will be travelling back home to Canada but may not have my passport. Will I be allowed to transit thru Schipol with only my valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card?

7 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    • Customs

by capalach Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Flying from Washington DC and then transferring to SAS for a flight to Oslo. SO I have to go thru customs in Schipol and will my luggage go thru to Oslo if checked in the US or must it be retrieved in AMS and rechecked with SAS?

4 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • Douglasatorok's Profile Photo

Customs

by Douglasatorok Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM

flying from the US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt on Luthansa, where do you clear customs?

4 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    • visa travel

by jen19 Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I have a tourist VISA to visit Amsterdam. I am a US perm resident. Upon arrival, will I be asked to provide proof of money for the duration of my stay; a total of 4 days. If so, can I use debit card?

4 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    • Non-Schengen to Non-Schengen via Schiphol

by rockcreekrunner Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Hi, I'm travelling from the US to Georgia (a non-Schengen country) with a cat with a transfer at Schiphol. Will I need to clear customs in Schiphol to complete my transfer to Georgia? If so, will I have to comply with EU regulations regarding pet importation, even though I'd only be there for 4 or so hours?

4 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    • Transit using single-entry Schengen visa

by gauravn.88 Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Hi, I will be taking a flight from Dubai to Warsaw, having a layover period at Schiphol airport for 8 hours. Will it be possible for me to leave the airport to do some sightseeing for a few hours in Amsterdam with my visa? I have a Schengen visa applied at the Polish embassy for single entry.
      Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

5 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • check bags during 12 layover?

by shirleeg Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM

we have a 12 hour layover before cont onto cork. we would like to see all that we can but do not want to drag our luggage around. can we check everything except a small carry bag and of course tix and passport? is it a hassle getting back Into the airport due to the coffeeshops?

8 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    • hi do i need a visa

by kcm88 Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM

i want to stay for 20days i'm Indian

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    • Checked luggage during transit - please help

by Shantiprema106 Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM

helping traveling from India to USA via Amsterdam Schiphol. She is 75 so have booked her a yotel stay in ams international terminal to stay overnight so she can get some rest before proceeding to USA. She will be at the airport for 27 hrs. What I didn't think of when I booked her ticket was the checked bags. Typically you can check your bags directly from India directly to the states and do not have to collect at the transit location. But we have never been in transit for that long. Wondering
      1. If delta will let her check her bag directly to USA or would she have to collect her bags in Ams
      2. If Schiphol has any rules abthaving to retrieve your checked bags if you are in transit for greater than 24 hrs
      3. If she has to collect her bags will she have to leave the international terminal. The problem is that she has an Indian passport and no schengen visa to leave the international terminal

Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 3:40 AM