Schiphol

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Layover time

by RenoKidd Online Now Yesterday

I am traveling from the USA on a KLM flight, operated by Delta, to Warsaw, Poland. I have a 1hour 25 minute layover in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport. The connecting flight is a KLM flight. I appears I will arrive at the D concourse and whereas my connecting flight leaves from the C concourse. Will I have enough time? Will I have to go through customs? Will I need to go through security again? Anything else I should prepare for?

more
    • Layover time

by RenoKidd Online Now Yesterday

I am traveling from the USA on a KLM flight, operated by Delta, to Warsaw, Poland. I have a 1hour 25 minute layover in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport. The connecting flight is a KLM flight. I appears I will arrive at the D concourse and whereas my connecting flight leaves from the C concourse. Will I have enough time? Will I have to go through customs? Will I need to go through security again? Anything else I should prepare for?

3 Answers 19 hours ago
    • Transfer to San Fransisco

by marahkh Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Good morning , I am Syrian traveling to US by KLM and have US visa .and transferring in Schiphol do I need anything?

Thanks a lot

3 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 7:41 AM
    • Transfer time

by SNiven Online Now Jan 31, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Im a UK citizen arriving from Bangkok on China Airlines CI66 at 09:15, I have another flight on a seperate ticket with KLM to Glasgow departing at 12:10. Is this giving me enough time to go through immigration, collect my luggage and leave arrivals hall and check in with KLM?

8 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM
    • immigration at schipol

by ferguson2263 Online Now Jan 26, 2015 at 1:05 AM

sorry a few mistakes in my question so i will try again .Im a uk citizen travelling from Canada to Schipol then on connecting flight to uk so do i need to go through immigration at Schipol or can i wait to do this once in the uk Reason im asking is im pushed for time between flights only got an hour

6 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 11:56 AM
    • immigration at schipo

by ferguson2263 Online Now Jan 26, 2015 at 12:57 AM

im a uk citizen travelling from canada to amsterdam with a connecting flight to the uk so do i need to go through immigration as im pushed for time

1 Answer Jan 27, 2015 at 12:23 AM
    • SimbaandNicole's Profile Photo

Traveling with my cat

by SimbaandNicole Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I am traveling over the holidays from the US to Switzerland via Amsterdam Schiphol and reverse route back to the US.
      Do I have to go through customs with my cat in Schiphol either direction? Is one hour enough time to change flights with my cat?

6 Answers Nov 28, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    • Meeting a Friend

by miak2028 Online Now Nov 17, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Hello!

I have a 4 hour layover (flying Uganda to USA) and hope to meet a non-flying friend in the airport. Is this possible in this time frame? Can I pass through security?

Thank you!
      Mia

10 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • Collect luggage

by AlexeyP1 Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Do I need to collect my luggage in Amsterdam airport and then check it in again if I fly from toronto to ansterdam with KLM and from amsterdam to russia with aeroflot?

5 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM
    • Immigration at Schiphol

by janey428 Online Now Sep 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Hi, I am traveling from Manila to Stockholm via Amsterdam with a Schengen tourist visa. Do I need to pass by immigration at Schiphol to get to my connecting flight to Stockholm on the same day (interval of 3 hours)? I am taking KLM on both flights, by the way. Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 25, 2014 at 10:45 PM
    • Transfer from KLM to Aerlingus

by Joednegan Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I am flying KLM from Sweden to Amsterdam and connecting with Aerlingus.
      Aerlingus don't print online boarding passes for Amsterdam so I have to go to check-in.
      I arrive at 1900hrs and departure is at 2030.
      I only have hand luggage.
      Is there enough time.

4 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    • transit time

by PA7 Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Is two hours reasonable to transit from a flight on Delta from Seattle to AMS and then to SAS to Copenhagen?
      I was not sure if I have to go through passport control in Schiphol or just when I get to Denmark.

3 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • Do I need to collect luggage at LHR?

by s41r4 Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Do I need to collect luggage at heathrow on the way there?
      Also on return, I would like to get my luggage at London, can I do that? or would it already be checked in for the connecting flight to AMS?

9 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Time to meet a friend?

by Chilly789 Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I will be traveling to Dubai in a couple of months but will have a 3h25m layover and I was wondering if that's enough time to meet a friend outside of passport control for lunch or something before I head to my connecting flight.

6 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • Cabin baggage security checks to US destinations

by Caledosa Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Hello there,
      I am flying from Amsterdam to New York. Will I need to switch on my computer during security checks on my hand baggage?
      Thanks

16 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    • Transit Visa

by Singh123 Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Do you need a transit visa when travelling to Canada and transiting in Amsterdam? I have a Kenyan passport.

3 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 5:46 AM
    • Transit via amsterdam

by Ik1980 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Nigerian citizen with US green card. Will transit in amsterdam for 9 hours. Can I leave the airport to do a city tour with no visa? If not, will book another ticket as I would hate to sit at an airport for that long

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    • Mobypark.com

by Elizabeth.Ditrinco Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Heeft iemand ervaring met langparkeren via Mobypark.com op schiphol? In Amsterdam werkt het prima, maar heb het nog nooit voor de lange termijn gebruikt. Zie ook: http://bit.ly/1r7SO1D

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • Cat traveling as carry on

by sophia805 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I will be traveling from Israel to Detriot, Michigan with my cat on a Delta flight . I want to travel with him as a carry on. Will there be any problems at the airport? I am not leaving the airport .

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • Visa from Canada necessary?

by scaylett Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Do I need a visa to fly from Vancouver, Canada to Amsterdam (one ticket)? Then to fly to Athens the next day. These are separate tickets. Both are KLM flights.

5 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Enough time?

by scaylett Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM

We are travelling from Canada to Amsterdam KLM ... arrive 10:30 am.
      Leaving for Barcelona at 12:25 pm TRANSVIA.
      Is there enough time to collect baggage, go through customs, check-in Transvia, go through security and board plane in 2 hours?

3 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Do i need a visa?

by tatianaianiuk Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Hi! I'm ukrainian citiezen. Do i need some visa in Schiphol or CDG airoports, flying: kbp(Ukraine) - ams(Netherlands) - cdg(France) - sdq(Dominican Republic)?

8 Answers May 13, 2014 at 6:49 AM
    • train ticket price from schiphol to amsterdam

by leemh03 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 12:19 PM

train ticket price from schiphol to amsterdam city center

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • transit with checked luggage

by aizatsyafandie Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 3:02 AM

im travelling from cork to kuala lumpur with 16 hours transit in amsterdam. i need to checked out my bag. so after i checked out my bag can i stay/sleep in the airport without getting chase away? if not, is there any amy i can i get back into transit area where i can sleep.. it is 16 hours layover anyway...

14 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • transit visa

by huwakka Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 3:43 AM

hi, if i am traveling from mumbai to cork via amsterdam. i have a connecting flight in amsterdam after 2hrs. i hold the visa for Ireland. do i need to have transit visa.

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    • Changing flights at Shiphol

by Nerila Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 7:03 AM

My husband Nigerian citizen who has an EEA Family Permit issued in UK is travelling with KLM from London to Nigeria via Amsterdam Shiphol. Does he need a transit visa?

7 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • 5 hrs enough to exit AMS for tour?

by Midtownmommy Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM

We have a 5 hr layover in AMS, traveling on KLM/Delta on March 18th, 2014. I'll try to ensure my bags are checked through so we don't have to collect our checked bags. I've red that 4 hours is the minimum to safely exit AMS to see the city for an hour, and that you really need 6 hrs. Is 5 hrs to risky? We are Americans, DEL-AMS-DTW

7 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Going through immigration on connecting flight

by travelerMN Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I am traveling from Minneapolis USA to Cape Town. There is a layover in Schiphol. Will I need to go through immigration there or just a security check point?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • bathroom use

by lesser160 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 5:18 PM

what happens if you need to use a bathroom after clearing security and waiting to board the plane? My wife has a medical condition requiring frequent use of bathroom facilities.

8 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    • SG-AMS-Cork via KLM and then Aer Lingus, Visa needed?

by rayrafael18 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hi, I'm a Filipino working for an Irish based company and I'll be traveling from Singapore to Amsterdam and then have my connecting flight there to Cork. I fly KLM from SG-AMS and have 2hrs interval before my flight to AMS-Cork via Aer Lingus. If I have checked-in baggage do I need to pass immigration to collect it and re check-in again? I have my schengen visa valid 3 days after when I return to AMS from Cork because they said I don't need any visa to transit. But I'm flying to different airlines and I'm not sure if they have codeshare flights. Help please?

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • Manchester to Geneva, via Schipol (40 minute connection time)

by EthelM Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I have a 40 minute connection time. I am NOT an EU passport holder. Will I have enough time to make this KLM transfer? The MAN to SCH flight is standard KLM, while the SCH to GVA is on KLM Cityhopper. KLM website says I do, apparently.

Will I have to go through Passport Control AND Security? I will connecting from non-Schengen (UK) to a Schengen area flight. Thanks!

10 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 8:55 PM