Schiphol Travel Answers

change location

Two hour layover

by Vini24 Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 4:02 AM

I am traveling from Delhi to Detroit by delta airlines. I have a layover of 2 hours at Schiphol before I catch the connecting flight to Detroit. Will I have enough time to catch the flight to Detroit?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Two hour layover

by davidjo Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 4:10 AM

I assume your luggage will be going straight through to USA and when you check in at Delhi you will be given boarding passes for both flights so when you arrive at Schiphol you will be in transit and providing the plane is not late i should not worry about it as you don't have to pas through immigration or customs. In any case should the plane be late and you miss your flight i believe the airline is responsible for accommodating and feeding you until the next available flight.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Two hours - lots of time. Schipol is a reasonable sized airport and I've made connections there with less time.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Must be time enough. Expect a security check at your departing gate at Schiphol and allow 30 minutes for that. Depending on the the weather there might be some foggy moments which will delay departing flights and give you even more time at Schiphol. So, don't worry.

PJ

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Yes, ample time imo, even if you have to collect bags and re-check them.

But take note of what PJ says about security at the entrance to your gate or gate area. If you have not already been told which gate beforehand, *make absolutely sure you go there *as soon as the gate is displayed in the departure lounge*. I (and others) nearly missed our plane because security was so slow at the pier entrance (and I went there as soon as the gate came up on screen).

Otherwise, Schiphol is a lovely airport with a remarkable amount to see and do during your transit time, including a mini-Rijksmuseum:

schiphol.nl/Travellers/FoodR...

As your flight is landing in an EU airport you are covered by EU regulations regarding delays etc. So if your inbound flight is delayed, meaning you cannot catch the outbound flight, you will be provided with food & accommodation vouchers as appropriate, and with seats on the next available flight.

• zampieridamayo's Profile Photo

by zampieridamayo Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

don't worry. 2 hours is enough.

• Benson35's Profile Photo

by Benson35 Online Now Nov 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Yes, I'd say 2 hours is enough time. Luggage shouldn't be a problem, I would go through security as soon as you can though incase there are delays there.

Enjoy!
    Hayley :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines