Schiphol Travel Answers

change location

Where to meet another party at the airport

by landfish768 Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Flying into Airport this Thursday morning on Delta. Meeting another party flying in on Continental. Our flights are 10 minute apart. I cannot find out where Delte and Continental fly into. Where can we safely meet each other when we arrive at the airport???

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: Where to meet another party at the airport

by dnwitte Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM

How about at the row of train ticket sales windows in the hall after luggage pickup? If indeed you don't see each other at the luggage carousels already.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jimbles's Profile Photo

by Jimbles Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

If you have booked your flights online then surely yours and their flight confirmation emails should state which terminal they arrive at?

Either way Schiphol is a very easy airport to navigate. All its signage is in english so you should be able to find each other very easily.

Failing that just agree with your friends flying continental that when you land you follow the signs for trains/ way out and when you reach the train ticket stands within the airport meet there.

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Not sure if it's still in place since it's been years since my last trip, but there's an area called "MEETING POINT". Coming out of customs, just follow the information icon (i) and it will most likely direct you there. There were benches available.

Had the same experience with you, my sis and I were on KLM flight and another sister was on Northwest arriving within 15 mins of each other. So, we agreed to meet in that area ;)

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

"the row of train ticket sales windows in the hall after luggage pickup"

This is quite sensible as these ticket windows dominate the center of the main hall (after Customs and Immigration and all that - i.e., when you are really in The Netherlands), and they face giant holes in the floor where the escalators and stairs are to go down to the trains...BUT, if you find that difficult...on the way to the ticket counters but after Customs and Immigration and all that, you will pass by a BURGER KING...heh heh, this will be really hard to miss ;-) If you get confused, just ask someone where the Burger King is...there's only one...

Bill

• dnwitte's Profile Photo

by dnwitte Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Keep in mind that there are displays as you arrive at luggage pickup showing which carousels are serving which flights. Given your flights are virtually simultaneous it's quite possible you will find each other that way anyway.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

With just 10 minutes apart you either see each other in the row at immigration passport control or in the bagagge cleam area thereafter.

In the baggage area arriving flight numbers are displayed on screens, so you can check the belt numbers of each other.
    See: "Baggage Claim" - Schiphol Favorite Tip by pieter_jan_v

From there's it's trough cutoms into the Schiphol Plaza Hall, where there is a special Meeting Cube; see:
    "MEETING POINT" - Schiphol Favorite Tip by pieter_jan_v

ot just take your time at Starbucks; see:
    Starbucks: "Coffee all day around" - Schiphol Restaurant Tip by pieter_jan_v

PJ

• Re: Where to meet another party at the airport

by VTourism Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I don't mean to hijack, but I'm in somewhat the same situation. I see there are 3 or 4 arrival areas. Is it possible to claim my bags in customs, then walk to one of the other arrival areas without exiting the secure area? I know it would be just as easy to walk out and meet somewhere, but I have other reasons to go to his arrival area. Thanks a lot.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

You can walk through all baggage claim areas (the belts areas), but once through customs, you are in the Main Hall (Schiphol Plaza) and you only can wait at another customs exit.

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines