Schiphol Travel Answers

change location
lulu_belle5412's Profile Photo

2 hrs & 40 mins to kill in Schiphol

by lulu_belle5412 Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 3:11 AM

hi everyone...

i'm flying to KLIA (Malaysia) to Bergen, Norway and will be stopping over in Schiphol for roughly 2 hrs & 40 mins..

Just a quick question, would it be possible for me to meet a friend at the airport for coffee or something? Does anyone know how does it works with the immigration and stuffs?? FYI, i dont need a visa for Netherlands.

Let me know as I'm flying in 6 days and need to confirm things with my friend in Amsterdam.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • doodybee's Profile Photo

Re: 2 hrs & 40 mins to kill in Schiphol

by doodybee Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 4:30 AM

from what i understand of schipol it may take you all of that time to get from where you disembarked and collect luggage to the depature area you leave from

hope you sort something out and make sure you get where you need to be ontime - i am sure there will be coffee lounges there ( if you have the time ot grab one)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gillybob's Profile Photo

by Gillybob Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 5:15 AM

Schiphol Airport is quite expansive and it could easily take 2 hours to simply transfer flights (even if you don't personally have to collect luggage and re-check in). You would need to go out through immigration and re-enter through security to meet your friend.

• annwag's Profile Photo

by annwag Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Hi
    I supose Schiphol kills your time itself
    have a nice fly

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM

First of all check your transfer flight and get a Schiphol gate pass for your transfer flight.

If you do not need a visa, you just go through immigration showing your passport; go through baggage claim (I take it your luggage is being transfered without your interference); go through customs and meet your friend in the Schiphol Plaza Area. There is a big red-white checkered cube, known as the meeting point there.

On your way back go through immigration and to the security check at your gate.

PJ

• lulu_belle5412's Profile Photo

by lulu_belle5412 Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 6:19 PM

sorry i actually have 3 hours and 40 mins instead of what mentioned earlier! lol. my bags will be taken care of and im not too sure if i have to re-check in :S

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 10:43 PM

You'll have plenty of time...Take into account about 30-45 minutes before your boarding starts to pass customs and security on your way to the next flight. (Unless it is very busy, then take some more time).

Cheers,
    Dennis

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 10:47 PM

There are transfer counters at each pier. Just get your gate ticket there first.

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines