Schiphol Travel Answers

change location
acftechnology's Profile Photo

Handluggage security control in transit

by acftechnology Online Now Jul 2, 2006 at 7:09 AM

On Saturday, July first 2006, we were trying to catch the connecting flight to Düsseldorf coming from Houston with KL 662. In the transfer hall the security check did not allow me to take my small fishing rod (3 pieces of 40 cm each stored in a closed etui) to the gate. We were extremely in a hurry to catch this connection but obviously the person in charge took pleasure to play slow and he developed a really bad, arrogant, even insulting attitude. took the rods out of the holder, assembled them and showed his colleagues hos to fish by swinging the rod. He was laughing and teasing me, saying yiou see I also catch a fish. Finally we decided to leave the rod overthere and to catch our connection...is this allowed ? did we infringe any rule ? how to file a complaint ? where is the list of forbidden items to be found ? (umbrella's, sticks, radio antenna, foldable child trolleys, belds with lage buckles,...should also be classified as "dangerous", or not ??? Anyone had a similar experience ? Thanks for any help !!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

RE: Handluggage security control in transit

by zuriga Online Now Jul 2, 2006 at 7:33 AM

That's a pretty awful story. I work for a magazine dealing with airport terminals so I hear of some strange events all over the world. I would definitely look at Schipol's website and see who to call with complaints. If nothing else, there will be a PR person and other officials who run the airport and security. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Handluggage security control in transit

by zuriga Online Now Jul 2, 2006 at 7:33 AM

Sorry... forgot the website... www.schiphol.nl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • tmaresh's Profile Photo

RE: Handluggage security control in transit

by tmaresh Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Welcome to the real world.