Scheveningen Travel Answers

change location

Is north sea healthy???

by ilkagx Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Is staying at North sea beneficial to skin and respiratory problems...to sum up is it healthy in general?
thanx

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Is north sea healthy???

by ATLC Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Being at the seaside in general is good for you. Fresh air, sun and sea. If you sunbathe responsibly, that is.

Being at the Dutch seaside is not particularly healthier than any other beach in general.
    Not like for instance the Dead Sea in Israel where the water and mud contain qualities that are very good for your skin.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Yes, but I recommend to go to a Wadden island like Vlielans, Terschelling or Ameland.

PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Good beaches at Ouddorp (Goeree-Overflakkee), just north of the province Zeeland.

• Re: Is north sea healthy???

by trheelgirl Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 5:47 PM

As others mentioned, sea/ocean air is in general good for you. You didn't say when you plan on going. Last time I visited Scheveningen it was at the end of July (a few years back) and too cold to get into the water. I didn't see too many people in the water, not even the kids. But if you are looking into walks on the beach, breathing in the air, and enjoying a calm and restful environment, I highly recommend Vlieland. It's got to be the most beautiful and serene place in Holland.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines