Schafberg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4 Hours stop at Hallstat

Hallstatt Jun 24, 2014 at 12:25 AM

My group of 13 pax are traveling from Zell Am See to Salzburg with a 4 hours stop/lunch at Hallstat and would want to make full use of our time at Hallstat.
      Do we have enough time to cover Rudolfsturm Scenic Lookout by Cable car too and how much is the cost per pax.
      I would be very grateful if someone can advise me.
      Thanks & Regards Alvin

more
    • Stephens1965's Profile Photo

UK to Schafberg ???

by Stephens1965 Online Now Dec 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Hi. I have recently seen Schafberg on the TV and I would like to take the train and stay at the Hotel at the top of the mountain. Could anyone advise me how to get to the area, preferably by plane and train. I currently live in Pembrokeshire UK and my nearest airport is Cardiff. Many Thanks in advance for any kind replies :-), Steve

6 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    • Travel around Salzburg

by archana.kumar Online Now Aug 11, 2008 at 11:41 AM

We have relatives from India arriving end August, staying for a short time with us. (they love awesome sceneries and views of the Alps in particular but could not get a swiss visa unfortunately , only EU). We live in Mannheim and are planning to visit Salzburg for 3 nights end of August and 3 nights in Vienna.

Our plan currently is
      Day 1: Arrive in Munich by train - spend an hour on a bus tour so my relatives get to see a bit of Marienplatz and Konigplatz - on to Chiemsee - and sleep the night in Salzburg.
      Day 2: Use the Bayern ticket (which we will buy in advance) and visit Konigsee and Eagles Nest at Berchtesgaden. Spend the rest of the day at Salzburg.
      Day 3: Visit either Garmisch Paten Kirchen OR Achensee by train and spend the day there.
      Day 4: Take the bus ride to Wolfgangsee (Mt Schafberg) and Hallstatt from Salzburg.
      Day 5: Take the evening train to Vienna and stay there until Day 8 morning when we have a return flight to Frankfurt (near Mannheim)

I am unsure about the following:
      a) Can we use the Einfach Raus ticket on the cog train in Mt Schafberg...?
      b) If I were to decide between Garmisch and Achensee which one should I?
      c) Can the Eagles Nest be dropped from the itenary..
      d) Are there other places (Werfen, GrossGlockner, etc) that we should not miss out, which are accessible from Salzburg..and would be recommended in place of the existing itenary

Thanks a ton... and I find this site very helpful ! thanks to all the members.

5 Answers Aug 15, 2008 at 1:04 PM