by clairemorrison Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hi
Is there anywhere where we can park our car and sleep in it overnight? Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • margaretvn's Profile Photo

Re: park & sleep

by margaretvn Online Now Mar 20, 2009 at 3:53 AM

I don't think you will be able to sleep anywhere in your car, I think the police will check parking areas and there are often signs saying you cannot overnight in cars

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Online Now Mar 20, 2009 at 5:42 AM

I know Scarborough well and there are signs in the car parks to say do park overnight - I guess all you could do would be to park in the large Morrisons car park at Seamer well after the shop has closed and find a quiet corner. There are no houses nearby and no one would pass until the shop opened the enxt morning. There is a McDonalds there at the car park entrance that closes late and opens early if you needed drinks etc.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 20, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I think the signs say 'do not park overnight'.

If you park overnight in any car park you may get a knock on the window if the police/security decide to do a check....and they may, especially if yours in the only car in a supermarket car park.

Better to find proper accommodation somewhere, imo. Or take yourself off to a layby in the nearby countryside (although you may still get that knock, depending on what the police are doing at the time).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines