Scandinavia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Camping in & up the west coast of Norway

by vincent49 Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 4:43 AM

We are looking at travelling up the west coast of Norway in a rental car in late july.
      I have heard camping is pretty 'relaxed' .We were looking to save spending by pitching a tent. If its not private property can we just setup a tent nearly anywhere and not be bothered? I was trying to avoid paid camping spots as we are on a limited budget.

Also, in july, how far north is accessible by car? Looking to then drive accross to Lapland.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    • mnarcelles's Profile Photo

Scandinavia

by mnarcelles Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 3:11 AM

Good day Vters,

Can I have a piece of advise, if it is alright to join a tour on scandinavia for 12 days,
      which will cost me 1,700 US$ for the duration of the tours, or will I be able to do it on our own via eurail or the like. do you think it will be possible? if so,then how about accommodations? will it be hard to get a hotel near the train station for two.and will it be safe. thanks a lot for the help.Am running out of time since we plan to leave 1st or 2nd week of October..

thanks a lot.

3 Answers Sep 9, 2008 at 7:23 AM
    • Trains in Scandinavia

by carolwho Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Hello!

We will travel to Norway, Sweden, and Copenhagen at the end of September.

It makes financial sense for us to purchase railpasses. We are debating purchasing a Scansaver pass, or else a Select pass (first class).

Are many/most of the trains in Scandinavia second class only? Is second class comfortable for longer train rides (e.g. greater than 4 hours).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 8:16 AM