Travel Answers
Savannah Beach

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How "friendly" is Atlanta without a car?

Atlanta Yesterday

Hi, I'm about to visit Atlanta for 2 days with my elderly (80) dad in mid May. I'm thinking about coming by Amtrak.
      Where will you recommend to stay if one want to stroll the sights and be back at the hotel for nap and off again in the afternoon? How good/frequent are the local buses?
      We need to be in the airport to NY ~7:30am what will be our options beside a cab?

Thank you,

more
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Stores that sell Car GPS near the Hilton, Atlanta Airport

Atlanta Mar 29, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Garmin GPS for using in my rental car (I am tired of hiring them, and feel that a purchase will save me a lot of money in the long run). Anyhow does anybody know if there are any stores that will sell them in close proximity to the Hilton Atlanta Airport?

more
    • Choosing the right beach

by tmtravel Online Now Mar 23, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I am trying to plan a family vacation for June and need some help. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenagers looking for a beach and outdoor activities. We pick a different location each year (that's the rule) but I am having some trouble this year. Hubby doesn't like flying so it makes it hard to find something different each year. I have been looking at the Georgia coast but need some direction in which island would be best. Adults would like to visit Savannah but we want to stay on the beach. I had considered Tybee but after reading several reviews I am confused. What are the beaches like? We all like a laid back environment without crowds. I had also considered St. Simons or Jekyll but they are a little further than I wanted to stay from Savannah. However if the beaches are nicer I could handle the drive. I had also look at Hilton Head but after reading the reviews I think it is a little more commercial than I wanted. Can anyone compare the beaches to somewhere else? We have visited Gulf Shores, PCB, Myrtle Beach, Biloxi (not impressed to much mud), Destin and Calica Mexico. We like fishing, bikes, horseback, walking on the beach, canoes and just lying around on the beach with some shopping and history eased in.

Please help!

10 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM