Savannah

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Short Term Vacation Rentals

by alinaurora Online Now 20 hours ago

I am planning a trip to Savannah, GA with a business partner for May 18-23, 2014. We will be doing some writing and would like to avoid staying in a large hotel. We would like to find a place that had at least 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Are there any vacation rentals or Realtors for short term vacation rentals that you would recommend?

more
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

GOOD MODERATELY PRICED LOCAL PLACES TO EAT

by Homanded Online Now 15 hours ago

Coming to Savannah for 3 days in June.
      Big foodies here but are more into local places to sample good traditional Southern cooking.
      Doesn't have to be anything fancy, in fact, we prefer it not to be.
      Not touristy but rather somewhere the locals eat.

Hoping to hear from some people living in the area or who frequent the area often and are familiar with our requisites.

Thanking all in advance,

Homer (and Ed).

more
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

GOOD MODERATELY PRICED LOCAL PLACES TO EAT

by Homanded Online Now 15 hours ago

Coming to Savannah for 3 days in June.
      Big foodies here but are more into local places to sample good traditional Southern cooking.
      Doesn't have to be anything fancy, in fact, we prefer it not to be.
      Not touristy but rather somewhere the locals eat.

Hoping to hear from some people living in the area or who frequent the area often and are familiar with our requisites.

Thanking all in advance,

Homer (and Ed).

4 Answers 51 minutes ago
    • Short Term Vacation Rentals

by alinaurora Online Now 20 hours ago

I am planning a trip to Savannah, GA with a business partner for May 18-23, 2014. We will be doing some writing and would like to avoid staying in a large hotel. We would like to find a place that had at least 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Are there any vacation rentals or Realtors for short term vacation rentals that you would recommend?

2 Answers 1 hours ago
    • The Mercer house

by jlcolley123 Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM

does jim williams sister live in the mercer house? I heard she was not a nice person?

• need any advice

by l4545 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM

have never been to savannah, love to walk...where should we stay? What area? What to keep things moderately priced. would like a quaint hotel with wine reception. Hope to see tybee island? Any advice appreciated. I just started researching. thanks;

2 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 1:08 AM
    • First time in Savannah, GA

by ivette1953 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Spending just a couple days in Savannah, GA. Which would be the places that I should visit?

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • eugini2001's Profile Photo

beaches in Savannah

by eugini2001 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I thought there are beaches there in Savannah? Do they actually have them or not? I wanted to bring my little one to splash in a big water but I'm not sure now

6 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    • TRansportation

by Hoopersass Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I am coming in for a long weekend. I want to go to the Byrd cookie company, Lady & Sons
      then head to the marina to take a ferry to Defuske Island. What would you suggest in the best way? I don't want to carry my suitcase thru out the restaurant and cookie company
      Cathy

2 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    • where to stay in savannah

by maryhudson Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM

is a B&B, hotel, or vacation condo or house rental better to stay at in savannah? It will be just my husband and I but we don't want to spend all of our money on lodging.

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 5:19 AM
    • how to get from garden city savannah,ga 31408 to savannah state university

by mrsscrivens Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

hello i am trying to find out what bus i need to catch from garden city savannah to get to savannah state university 3219 college street savannah,ga 31404

2 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Presidents Quarters Inn- Perfect Spot in Savannah?

by PhaserMan Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Hey fellow travelers!

My wife and I have been looking into staying in Savannah for a weekend getaway and have been keeping an eye out for great places to stay. We're really interested in the bed and breakfast inn idea. I've seen some good reviews for Presidents Quarters Inn, but wanted to find out more information. Their rooms look absolutely charming and I've heard that they believe in true Southern hospititality, but I've got a few questions. 

1. Is the location ideal? What are some of the great hot spots nearby?

2. What seasons/times of year should we avoid? When is the best time to stay there?

and lastly 3. What's your favorite thing about the Presidents Quarters Inn? What makes it unique? 

Thanks! 

2 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

G's Going to be on The TODAY Show and We Need Your Help!

by Usctwin Online Now Oct 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Hi VTers -

Kimberly from VT here. We've just secured G a spot on a US Nationally syndicated talk show, TODAY Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda and we need your help! G is going to discuss with the hosts the top 5 spots for multi-generational American families to visit during the holidays. One of the cities is Savannah.

Here's where we need your advice!

We're looking for the best things that families can do during the December holiday season: any local insider tips, where families must eat, things to do, or other budget tips

We're doing our own research in the travel guides, but wanted to ask for your advice as well. If you know of something that we should include in the segment, please let us know soon. If we include your tip, we'll do our best to mention your name!

Thanks for your help!

Best,
      Kimberly

5 Answers Oct 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    • MaryJ105's Profile Photo

trout down spout

by MaryJ105 Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

i was just in savannah for a week and i wanted to buy the trout down spouts that you see all over the place and left with out doing so,,,can anyone tell me what stores in historic savannah sell them
      thanks

1 Answer Aug 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    • guided tour of capital and historial sites

by DLBoyer53 Online Now Jul 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I have a church group of girls that I want to have an opportunity to tour savannah city hall. I can't find a reasonable rate or a particular tour for my girls to learn more about our government, and what takes place at city hall. Do you have any one who I could contact that could help me? I am planning for this activity for next Tues. July 10th. Please contact me at my email: ladydiisalive@yahoo.com

1 Answer Jul 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • savannah trip in March

by johntirrell Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Hi I'm coming to Savannah in March for a month. Thinking about getting an apartment near Forsyth Park. Is this a good location? If not what is? Also what can I expect for weather. Coming from Martha's Vineyard. Thanks John

• glenn57's Profile Photo

What to see/do in one day in Savannah

by glenn57 Online Now May 16, 2012 at 4:53 AM

I will only have one full day in Savannah (a Sunday). What are the "must" attractions for me to see/do ? (please don't tell me about restaurants, though, because I am not at all a "food person").

Also, what sort of things could I do in the evening on a Sunday ?

5 Answers May 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    • Long Weekend in Savannah (end of Sept)

by SandyBell Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Any advice for a couple looking for a relaxing, interesting long weekend? We're trying to plan something for the last weekend in September. We are interested in all things local and unique (no chains or gimicky things). Good food or tours are of interest. Also any particular areas we shouldn't miss? Thanks so much. (We're a mid-50s, extremely active couple.)

4 Answers Mar 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    • Summer Visit To Scad - Best Hotels???

by kdeshong Online Now May 27, 2011 at 8:40 AM

We are taking our daughter to tour SCAD this summer for a college visit. I was looking for information on a cheap but CLEAN hotel to stay at. Also some ideas on what to see while we are there. This is where she wants to attend college and we are from Ohio, so any information on Savannah would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

4 Answers May 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    • nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

Best and Reasonable Place to Stay, prefer BnB or nice smaller hotel.

by nyceagle1633 Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Hi

Which place, under150 dollars is really nice to stay, any tips, advice. I see Green Palm Inn for 159 plus taxes. Want to go in early May for 4 nights.

Any other places to recommend, thanks.

1 Answer Apr 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    • Getting from Savannah train station to East Bay Street + what to wear in January

by Louloudia42 Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Hello, I am a Canadian tourist who will be visiting Savannah next month in mid-January. I would like to know if there is public transportation - such as a shuttle - from the Amtrak train station at 2611 Seaboard Coastline Drive to East Bay Street? If not and I need to take a cab, how much would the ride cost approximately? I would also like to know what to wear as I see the weather is quite cool and rainy. Thanks for your response.

9 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    • Lace and Dollies

by pinketelhut Online Now Nov 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Does anyone know the name of a lace and dollie shop near River Street? I believe it is on Factors Walk. Between Drayton and Abercorn.

1 Answer Nov 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    • bachelorette party?

by jentournoux Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I'm throwing a bachelorette party for my sister in savannah. We want to rent a house if possible but where would be good? Walking distance to the bars is always a big plus or close to the beach would be good if there is night life around there. Not sure.

• PVHS02's Profile Photo

Weekend Trip to Savannah

by PVHS02 Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM

My girlfriend and I are going to Savannah, GA for the weekend and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on things I have to do/see while I'm there (keeping in mind it's just for the weekend).

It's our first weekend away together so I want to be sure to find something extra special to do.

Thanks friends!
      Danielle

4 Answers Jun 2, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    • Savannah Nightlife on a Monday

by cam_t Online Now May 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Hi All,
      I will be in Savannah for a monday and tuesday night in August. What will the nightlife be like then? Any advice or tips would b great!
      Thanks
      Cam

1 Answer May 20, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    • Restaurants near Hampton Inn, MLK Jr Blvd

by llrscarlett Online Now May 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Hi. I am staying at the Hampton Inn on MLK Jr Blvd. I am planning a family reunion for 23 people and need advise for a good, reasonably priced restaurant in walking distance. Any suggestions? Is there easy and public transportation near the hotel to River St?
      Thank You

• SAVANNAH AIRPORT INN

by M222T Online Now May 4, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Hi, How far is the beach from this hotel. I am bringing my 12 year old down for a weekend and thats where we gotta stay.Thanks so much. Marie

• shuttle?

by 0125butler Online Now Apr 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM

What's the best way to reach Savannah from Hunter AAF?

• extex's Profile Photo

What to do?

by extex Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I want to surprise a friend (who lives on Tybee) and take her out for a day in or around Savannah. She lives there, been there, done it all. Any suggestions? Once, I got a limo in Charleston who took us to a winery and the auto racing track and we saw the city by day. Is that recommended in Savannah? If so, where to stop?

1 Answer Apr 5, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    • 120 West Taylor

by photosbysarah Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 4:55 AM

What parking is available? I have herad there is a two car garage, and also that there is only a small garage for a compact car. I'm looking for clarification.
      Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    • Where to stay???

by maof2 Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I will be coming to Savannah (for the 1st time) in March for the St. Patricks Day Parade. I'm not sure if I should stay in the historic distric (Country Inn and Suites) or by the airport ( Country Inn and Suites). Is the drive long into town and probably would take a taxi in on St. Pat's due to traffic etc.. Any and all advice about Savannah is helpful. Also, I've been reading a lot about the high crime rate in Savannah, where should I not travel too???

2 Answers Feb 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Transportation from Airport

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 1:04 PM

What is the approximate cab fare from the Savannah airport to the Historic District? Or is there a more convenient or more inexpensive way to get to the Historic District?

Will the weather at the end of October require a light jacket in the evening? Can I wear regular summer clothing during the day?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM