Savannah Travel Answers

change location

Long Weekend in Savannah (end of Sept)

by SandyBell Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Any advice for a couple looking for a relaxing, interesting long weekend? We're trying to plan something for the last weekend in September. We are interested in all things local and unique (no chains or gimicky things). Good food or tours are of interest. Also any particular areas we shouldn't miss? Thanks so much. (We're a mid-50s, extremely active couple.)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

Re: Long Weekend in Savannah (end of Sept)

by dustmon Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Just a note that Savannah doesnt have much a beach at all---Tybee Island is only about 15-20 minutes away and the beach scene is better. Also a couple of really good restaurants on the road from Sav to Tybee, one of which is Uncle something-or-other (Paula Dean's uncle)
    Savannah's ghost tours are fun---savannahtours.us

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

by TexasDave Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I could give some comments but I have already written most what I would say on my Savannah pages. Have a look.
    Uncle Bubba's mentioned above is a good choice on the way to Tybee Island, it's run by Paula Deen and her brother.

• brkilbourne's Profile Photo

by brkilbourne Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Fort Pulaski on the way to the beach. Crab Shack or Stingrays at the beach. Great walks at Wormsloe Plantation & Skidaway Island State park which are near each other.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

by Pawtuxet Online Now Mar 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM

You've already been to Savannah by now, but I wanted to put a plug in for the river boat rides. It's a guided tour which could be boring to some, but it's relaxing to float up and down the river....very lazy. No doubt you would have several choices for boating on the river. When the huge transport ships come up the river you can't believe how enormous they are! Of course you wave to the deck hands.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines