Sault Ste. Marie

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which route to take?

by sreds Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Hi, I will be driving from Madison Wisconsin to Niagara Falls in June and will be crossing the border at Sault Ste Marie. I would really appreciate some advice on the following: For an overnight stay which would you recommend, the usa or ontario side of the border? What route would you recommend for the onward journey? Is there a route that includes a car ferry crossing? 13 years ago I did a long drive around the great lakes and I remember taking a car ferry but cannot remember where from or where it arrived (across part of lake huron maybe?) I do remember really enjoying that ferry trip though and would love to find it again to enjoy with my children. I seem to recall spending a few hours on a lovely beach after the ferry crossing. Any clues and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    • Transportation

by Louise54 Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 7:21 AM

I am flying into Sault Ste. Marie and I need to get to the ferry docks in St. Ignace. A taxi will cost65. Any other suggestions?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2011 at 5:44 AM
    • Public transport

by ctissh Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM

My family and I plan to enter Sault St Marie ON from the Michigan side. However car rental cars are not allowed to enter. How do tourists without their own cars cross over the border? Are there public transport systems available?

5 Answers Feb 10, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    • jwhitehouse's Profile Photo

Driving from Sault St Marie to Thunder Bay with ???????????

by jwhitehouse Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Please tell me if the drive from Sault St Marie to Thunder Bay around October 17 would be nice. What in particular is nice to see?

I would appreciate all suggestions.

Thank you.

Joe Whitehouse

2 Answers Oct 4, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    • Road trip

by Indypindy Online Now Jan 31, 2006 at 7:59 AM

Looking for recommendations for road trip route from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada in February.

Better to travel Trans Canada or take southern route thru U.S. (Washington, North Dakota, Minnesota to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario)?

2 Answers Feb 15, 2006 at 9:23 PM