change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Favourite scenic areas

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I'm looking to head out to the Algoma region next week for a few days to try to take in the fall colours (cameras in hand, or at least in my backpack). I expect to spend most of my time around the Sault Ste Marie - Wawa areas, so am looking at anyone's favourite scenic spots for photography. Batchawana Bay, Pancake Bay and Montreal River are on my "to do" list, as well as Lake Superior Provincial Park and Pukwaska National Park.

I have no plans to take the train through the Agawa Canyon. I am driving a 4x4 so getting around won't be a problem, but going solo means I'm going to be a bit conservative when it comes to getting too far off the beaten path.

Any thoughts about places to visit, stay and eat would be appreciated. P.S. - I know how to Google so I can find on-line information all by myself. I'm more looking for personal experiences.

• Which route to Niagara Falls?

by sreds Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hi, I will be driving from Madison Wisconsin to Niagara Falls in June and will be crossing the border at Sault Ste Marie. I would really appreciate some advice on the following: For an overnight stay which would you recommend, the usa or ontario side of the border? What route would you recommend for the onward journey? Is there a route that includes a car ferry crossing? 13 years ago I did a long drive around the great lakes and I remember taking a car ferry but cannot remember where from or where it arrived (across part of lake huron maybe?) I do remember really enjoying that ferry trip though and would love to find it again to enjoy with my children. I seem to recall spending a few hours on a lovely beach after the ferry crossing. Any clues and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    • UKdave's Profile Photo

how to fly into SSM

by UKdave Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 7:35 AM

Hi, I've just found this website and forum and hope some of you local SSM members can help - I believe there may be 15 or so of you. I'm trying to visit SSM and was wondering which airlines fly into your airport and from where. My first thought was to get to Toronto and then go from there but perhaps there are better (and cheaper) ways to arrive. Hope this works! Thanks Dave g :)

6 Answers Oct 9, 2004 at 10:00 AM
    • Is Sault Ste. Marie french or english

by JJJolin Online Now Aug 29, 2003 at 1:37 PM

With a name like Sault Ste. Marie, I would think the local language would be French. Some people have told me differently. Can you help? Thank you, JJ

15 Answers Jul 21, 2004 at 7:12 PM