Saudi Arabia Travel Answers

change location

Saudi Arabia to Turkey to Berlin by road

by ahsanriaz Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I want to travel from Saudi Arabia to Turkey to Berlin by road along with my family (wife and three daughters). I have saudi Iqama and basically Pakistani. Did anyone experienced same? Any information would be welcomed. documentation, advise for safest route etc

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Re: Saudi Arabia to Turkey to Berlin by road

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM

There are 2 MAJOR problems in your way. To get from Saudi to Turkey you have 2 choices:

1) Iraq. While the north of Iraq (aka Kurdistan) is perfectly safe, the southern part is incredibly dangerous. To further complicate matters, it is extremely difficult to get a visa for Iraq

2) Syria. Considering the full scale civil war taking place in Syria, it is definitely not a place to be visiting. Certainly not with your family. Visas will also be an issue.

So, your only possible route would be to go to the UAE, take the ferry across to Kish, Iran, drive through Iran to Turkey and beyond.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sdq's Profile Photo

Re: Saudi Arabia to Turkey to Berlin by road

by sdq Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

These road trips are done considering the safety first specially when you are travelling with your family, so I think you should be more precocious than adventurous :-))

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Saudi Arabia Travel Answer Locations