Saskatoon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Parking passes

Banff National Park Nov 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

We were caught in a snow storm and and got stuck in the wrong lane at the gate. Is there anywhere to get a parking pass in the town of banff

more
    • Road weather

Niagara Falls Nov 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Hi I'm planing a trip on thanksgiving but I'm worried about the road from NY to Niagara Falls Canada will there be a lot of snow on the why? Can we get stuck? Will I need a 4x4?

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec 6 hours ago

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

more
    • Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

The best spot in Vancouver to watch northern lights?

Vancouver Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Northern lights and winter storms...Is there a specific spot where you can actually watch it happen in Vancouver or anywhere in B.C.?

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • olivepip's Profile Photo

Cheaper accommodations - Inns

by olivepip Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM

v's larger hotels.

Anyone know about Confederation Inn, or The Westgate Inn? Both along 22nd St W & Circle Drive W
      They're definately a lot cheaper than hotels like, say, Days Inn or Country Inn & Suites.
      But is it worth it? I wouldn't be spending a lot of time there & extra comforts (found in more expensive hotels) aren't a priority. But then I don't want to stay in a dive either!
      I just want a comfy bed, a clean room, hot water and a feeling of safety.
      I'll have a car too, so distance to things won't be a problem.

So just wondering if anyone knows of & can give an opinion on these two places.

Much appreciated,

3 Answers Jun 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    • staues by the river

by MissAllThat Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM

can you tell me a little more about the statues by the river? that would be very helpful! like stuff about the statues and who created them?

• art

by leonardbarrett. Online Now May 21, 2007 at 4:03 PM

with broadway ave being an art comunity is there anywhere that i could join in with a group of artists for a day or two out side. i'm an artist from courteny and come to saskatoon often i was born and raised in saskatoon and still consider it home i have a lot of family still there nutana is where i lived 2214 lorne ave to be exact the red robin cafe was our favorie hang out on broadway thats going back some cheers for now leonard barrett

1 Answer Mar 2, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    • Traveldi's Profile Photo

Any Good Rent a Car Tips at Airport or Town?

by Traveldi Online Now Apr 17, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Hello Everyone,
      Well I am going to visit the lovely Saskatoon in July and looking forward to it from what you all say in the tip pages etc.

You are all in the know, so tell me if you think Westjet will have a fantastic seat sale after I buy my flights from Toronto to Sask this week ( I am looking at Canada Jazz airline) - raise your hands if you think I should hold off for a while (get those crystal balls out) It is crazy to think I can get from Belfast in NI to Toronto cheaper - anyway...

The next thing is, do any of you have brilliant insight into Car Hire in Saskatoon - I need to get a car/
      big car to fit 6 of us and luggage and head to Yorkton.

Any advice would be great.
      Looking forward to tasting those berries.

Love Traveldi x

1 Answer Jun 25, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    • sparkling-gem's Profile Photo

Looking to moveto sask and so need some advice!!!

by sparkling-gem Online Now Apr 1, 2007 at 3:17 AM

Hello everyone,

Lots of advice would be greatly appreciated!
      My patner and myself have been looking into moving to saskatchewan, he will be doing long haul driving, so I am looking for a nice area for myself and my three year old son to live (and feel safe) whilst he is away. I wil hopefully be going to the uni of sask, so would like to live in a nice area near to the uni, that wont take me too long to drive there each day, also i would need a nice primary school for my son.

Some general questions also...I am still young ;o) so would like to know about nightlife, shopping (the clothing type!), restaurants and that kind of thing. From what i've seen saskatchewan looks like a very nice place to live but would greatly appreciate your thoughts...many thanks.XxX

3 Answers Apr 26, 2007 at 5:40 PM
    • Flights to Saskatoon

by Hellybob Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Hi, as a family we are moving to Saskatoon this Summer from just outside Manchester, England. I am trying to find the best way to transport my 2 dogs from Calgary to Saskatoon. Air, train or road I don't care. Does anyone knonw of an Airline that will take them, West Air won't as they are over the size permitted. Canada Air won't for the same reason. Is there a train that runs between the two places? Is it feasible to drive? Please I need some HELP!!

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 6, 2007 at 2:37 PM
    • Party Options

by Bruce4444 Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Hey was going to be in Saskatoon tonight and was wondering a couple of things. Where is a fun place to eat and have a few drinks then what night club do we hit.

• need help

by Weelkaya Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 3:20 PM

Hello there,
      I live in USA and will move to canada soon. I have two choices, Saskatoon and Edmonton. I have never been there and try to compare the advantages and disavantages in each case. I have a family and I am looking for a safe place to live.

Any help would be greatly apperciated.
      Thanks

4 Answers Dec 6, 2006 at 3:17 PM
    • air travel from saskatoon to disney l.a.

by bigskwinner Online Now May 22, 2006 at 11:07 AM

disney during feb to be precise
      when do flight sales go on? are they listed in the paper? i'm currently using a travel agent to find out info and am interested to know where your connecting flight went to from saskatoon (none seems to leave directly from saskatoon at all)

1 Answer May 22, 2006 at 3:24 PM
    • Riversdale Area in saskatoon

by Nicko22 Online Now May 13, 2006 at 1:40 PM

I am moving to Saskatoon for university from calgary and am looking to buy a house in the Riversdale area. I have heard from some people that Riversdale is a bit of a seedy area. Could someone tell me if this Area is really that bad? And also What types of problems does this community have, is it poverty, crime ? . What areas would you recommend to buy in that are in the same price ranges of this area

3 Answers Aug 17, 2006 at 11:29 AM
    • tutuq8's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay in Saskatoon

by tutuq8 Online Now Feb 18, 2006 at 9:40 PM

Hi, can anyone recommend a cheap place to stay in Saskatoon this summer for three weeks - the last week in June until mid July. Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Mar 26, 2006 at 2:00 PM
    • Nightlife in Saskatoon

by John333 Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 3:56 PM

I am new to Saskatoon and would like to know if there are bars or clubs that play dance music that would be suitable for a 32 year old male. I don't want to clubs that have predominantly 19 year old women. Also any other places that you could recommend to meet people would be great.

1 Answer Dec 14, 2005 at 6:31 AM
    • Is Saskatoon a nice place to live and work?

by 5EnglishRose Online Now Sep 6, 2005 at 5:38 AM

Hello, at present myself and my family live in the UK, however my husband has been offered a job driving trucks throughout the United States and Canada but based in Saskatoon. Obviously this is a big move. If anyone can help what are the average wages for a truck driver, do they earn good money? Is 50 to 60 thousand dollars a year a good wage out there. Also we have 3 children and I would like to know what the education standards are like out there. I apolgise for all the questions but we are trying to find out as much as we can before we make the decision to emigrate. Thanks in advance.

5 Answers May 22, 2006 at 11:02 AM
    • Things to do

by LoneHarleyMan Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 12:12 AM

Hi everyone, I was wondering If anybody had some ideas for stuff to do in Saskatoon. I'm going up there for the weekend I want want some fun stuff to do with my friends. Please keep in mind that we are 13-14 years old. Thank you.

3 Answers Aug 1, 2005 at 8:17 AM
    • Landocommando's Profile Photo

Nice place for dinner...

by Landocommando Online Now Jun 10, 2005 at 1:01 PM

My girl is coming to town this weekend and I'm looking for a nice place to take her to dinner. Money is not an issue and I thought somewhere on the river would be a good choice. Any suggestions as to where?

1 Answer Jun 10, 2005 at 7:31 PM

Jobs?

by Landocommando Online Now May 13, 2005 at 10:29 AM

Alright, I have applied for Dual Citizenship and now I know I won't have to worry about a work visa and all that but I was wondering where the best place to search for jobs would be? We will be traveling quite a bit but all our games are at night so I am willing to work long hours during the day. Anyone know of anything available?

4 Answers May 25, 2005 at 8:19 PM

Applying for citizenship.

by Landocommando Online Now May 5, 2005 at 10:21 AM

I am an American who plans on living and working in Saskatoon this summer. Since my father is a Canadian citizen and my sister is dual, I was told I too should apply for Canadian citizenship as it would have several benefits, specifically when it comes to getting a job. Does anyone know how I would go about starting the process or if it is even worth it? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

2 Answers May 13, 2005 at 10:32 AM

Summer in Saskatoon?

by Landocommando Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 10:46 AM

I am a crazy American who will be living in Saskatoon this summer playing baseball for the Yellow Jackets and I had a couple questions about the area. First of all, what is the weather like in the summer cuz I heard it is cold as hell in the winter. Second, ah...I got a lot of questions but I guess I'll wait and see if anybody replies first. Holla back.

10 Answers May 25, 2005 at 1:48 PM
    • Visiting your fair city in May.

by RedEft Online Now Mar 29, 2005 at 10:56 AM

I'll be visiting Saskatoon during the first and second week of May on business. Some of the information I need is: What type of clothes to pack? I know it's springtime but mother nature can be fickle. Also a nice quiet place to get a beer or three after work. I'm not looking for a meat market type dance club, (my wife won't let me date!) just a typical pub style with a good selection of tap beers.

Thanks,
      Red Eft

3 Answers May 15, 2005 at 9:00 AM
    • Saskatoon Dating

by SniperSlap Online Now Jul 25, 2004 at 8:13 AM

(slightly)Bigger city-boy coming to Saskatoon interested to know where some good places are to meet -decent- girls. Any suggestions?

8 Answers Jun 3, 2005 at 1:32 PM
    • houses in rural areas

by olv818 Online Now May 2, 2004 at 2:06 PM

please can anyone help, I would like some advice on buying a house on the out skirts of saskatoon, but i also wanted to be within travelling distance for schools and a excellent soccer school for my son. What are the best areas to look at and what is a good price to pay for a 5 bedroom house with all mod cons. I will be moving to saskatoon in june, but my family won't be coming until later in the year, so i have plenty of time to look around. I will be grateful if anyone could advice us as we have never been to saskatoon before. Thanks olv

2 Answers May 3, 2004 at 2:49 PM
    • PorkTeriyaki's Profile Photo

ISO Others over 50

by PorkTeriyaki Online Now Apr 10, 2004 at 12:20 PM

Coming to S'toon in late May & staying for the first week of June. This will be my first time in this city & I don't know anyone here. Looking for get togethers of others over 50; mainly hiking clubs & drinking buddies.

• moving to saskatoon

by chrisfromuk Online Now Mar 23, 2004 at 10:00 AM

Hi everyone my names chris, i'm hoping to emmigrate soon with my wife and daughter to saskatoon.Waiting for the paperwork to come through. could anyone give me any info on what its like to live there.I am trying to get over shortly for a look around so any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.....

19 Answers Apr 13, 2004 at 10:56 AM
    • Club that plays Rock Music?

by CircleSky Online Now Sep 26, 2003 at 3:31 PM

I live in Saskatoon and still have no idea about this: is there a bar in Saskatoon which has a good dance floor and which plays hard rock music, such as ACDC, Nickelback, Led Zeppelin, I Mother Earth, etc? I'm a 25 year old who loves to dance to rock music and am afraid I'm missing out on my youth! Any suggestions with regards to which nights of the week to go where, would be much appreciated. Thanks.

7 Answers Aug 13, 2004 at 10:23 AM
    • Living in Saskatoon Canada

by 1rachel Online Now Sep 22, 2003 at 8:25 AM

I am relocating from UK to Canada, looking for information on Saskatoon/Regina area. Where is good/bad areas, housing, schools, communities etc. I am lost searching the internet, looking to talk to someone who stays there hoping to gain info,.

19 Answers Apr 15, 2007 at 4:33 PM
    • Multicultural?

by rsohdai Online Now Aug 16, 2003 at 9:17 PM

How is saskatoon in regards to mulitculturalism? My family and I are moving there and hope to see some diversity.

19 Answers Apr 2, 2009 at 7:34 PM