Saskatoon Travel Answers

change location
olivepip's Profile Photo

Cheaper accommodations - Inns

by olivepip Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM

v's larger hotels.

Anyone know about Confederation Inn, or The Westgate Inn? Both along 22nd St W & Circle Drive W
They're definately a lot cheaper than hotels like, say, Days Inn or Country Inn & Suites.
But is it worth it? I wouldn't be spending a lot of time there & extra comforts (found in more expensive hotels) aren't a priority. But then I don't want to stay in a dive either!
I just want a comfy bed, a clean room, hot water and a feeling of safety.
I'll have a car too, so distance to things won't be a problem.

So just wondering if anyone knows of & can give an opinion on these two places.

Much appreciated,

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Pomerol's Profile Photo

Re: Cheaper accommodations - Inns

by Pomerol Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Saskatoon is pretty isolated so hotels are quite pricey.

You're not saying much about your trip, if it is business, how long you will stay if anyone will be with you, so it is difficult to judge your level of expectancy.

Personally I would go for the standard fare even if pricier. The options you mentioned are pretty close to my definition of a dive and Saskatoon can be a bit iffy at nighty, especially outside of the main thoroughfare

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • olivepip's Profile Photo

Re: Cheaper accommodations - Inns

by olivepip Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 9:39 PM

My trip is purely pleasure, to check out some of the Aboriginal tourism and I guess anything else I come across when I'm there.

I'll either be alone, maybe with one other (once they make up their mind!).
    For 5 nights.

Maybe that'll be too long, I don't know. I did note the expense of hotels, which is why I was looking cheaper. But if that's the wrong way to think, I'm all for any opinions & advice.

Thanks for your response!

• Re: Cheaper accommodations - Inns

by brandigrrrl1 Online Now Jun 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM

1: Those are both dives. They are in the heart of ghetto country. I live here and work in the inner city with at risk populations and would NOT stay there. Think welfare hotels.
    2: Saskatoon is not "isolated". It is a city of 200 000-250 000ppl. Most people arrive by air [there is a major airport], or road, but train is also an option. There are numerous galleries, a thriving local art scene, several performing arts theaters (inlcuding french language and Aboriginal theaters), fine restaurants, and Aboriginal cultural sites of note.
    3:Hotel prices are average for a mid sized city. If you are looking for a lower priced option, search for bed and breakfasts. There are a number of good ones and they are ususally safe, pretty, and reasonably priced.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines