Saskatoon Travel Answers

change location
Landocommando's Profile Photo

Applying for citizenship.

by Landocommando Online Now May 5, 2005 at 10:21 AM

I am an American who plans on living and working in Saskatoon this summer. Since my father is a Canadian citizen and my sister is dual, I was told I too should apply for Canadian citizenship as it would have several benefits, specifically when it comes to getting a job. Does anyone know how I would go about starting the process or if it is even worth it? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Canadian_girl's Profile Photo

RE: Applying for citizenship.

by Canadian_girl Online Now May 9, 2005 at 2:16 PM

Well, as you can guess by the name, I'm pretty darn happy with Canadian citizenship and all its benefits.. That said, I'm not sure it's worth going through what is undoubtedly a long and complicated process if you're just going to be here for the summer. After all, it's not like you can just walk into the Embassy and walk out with a Canadian passport -- any more than you could do the same and become an American.

Check this website for details on eligibility etc.
    cic.gc.ca/english/citizen/me...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Landocommando's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Applying for citizenship.

by Landocommando Online Now May 13, 2005 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for your input, after some calling around I discovered that since one of my parents is already a Citizen that acquiring Dual status is not that big of a hassle. Plus it saves me some money on the work visa. Now all I have to do is find a job!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines