Travel Answers
Sarlat-la-Canéda

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• is Premiere Classe Agen to the town centre walkable ???

Agen Dec 10, 2014 at 6:40 AM

is Premiere Classe Agen to the town centre walkable ???
      If so , how long would it take ??
      thanks

more
    • Roman town ruins near Nerac

Nérac Dec 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Hi All
      Does anyone know of the ruins of a Roman town open to the public with cafe etc in the Nerac area. Visited the area last year with a friend but were unable to find it. Once back at base were able to find it's website online but cannot now remember what it is called and cannot seem to bring it up again no matter what search terms I use.
      Thanks
      ndeg

more
    • Rent a car for 6 from Brive/

by ctsparkes Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Where can we hire a vehicle for 6 adults? We are getting a train from Paris to Brive on 9th September and wanted to hire a vehicle to then drive to Sarlat but the rental company we tried did not have one large enough. Can anyone suggest where we might hire one for 6 adults & 6 bags?
      Thank you,
      Carol - from Australia

13 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Ophorus Tours from Sarlat - choices

by SandiM Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 5:35 AM

My trip to France is coming up and I have time to make a few modifications. I signed up for a tour with this company from Sarlat for a 1/2 day tour to Rocamadour for 70euros, but I seem to be the only one on the tour so far and Ophorus specifies that if no one else goes on this tour, I must pay for another person (that's fine, i'm ok iwth it). However, I also wanted to see Collonges La Rouge and they offer a private tour (no minimum people) to Collonges la Rouge and Carennac for 280euros (but no Rocamadour). Or, for 380euros (yikes!), I can get a private tour of Collonges la Roughe, CArennac, Rocamadour, and Turenne. I'm a scenic photographer so Rocamadour and CLR really appeal to me but oh, that price! I can do 250euros but 380 seems excessive for an 8 hour tour BUT I will do it if it seems reasonable to those who have been there? Apparently, Ophorus is the only one that does tours in this area, so I'm limited in my options. So, if it comes down to it, would you suggest I do the whole thing, some of it, or stick with Rocamadour? I've kinda got an answer brewing in my head but I wanted some other opinions to hammer down my choice.

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Sarlat on foot & hotel choice

by SandiM Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I already booked the Ibis in Sarlat for April and I'm arriving in Sarlat on the train. I am hoping to find a taxi outside the station as I do not relish a 1km walk to the town centre toting luggage. However, booking.com has listed the Hotel St Albert near Place Pasteur for a really good price (50euros better than the Ibis for 3 nights stay) and I wondered if I should switch over? Has anyone been here/lived here can give me an idea if switching is a good idea? I will be doing a tour so I need to be close to Place Pasteur but I also want to roam around the old streets in the morning snapping photos. And I also enjoy a decent breakfast, so having a good choice of breakfast offerings is important too. Suggestions?

6 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • Parking in Sarlat-en-Caneda

by davidbell Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Lots of hotels and apartments say "free parking nearby". It can't be that easy surely? Do cars need to be moved? Once moved is it difficult to get back in? Can you in fact end up with accomodation and nowhere to park your vehicle?

5 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    • Do I need a rental car to tour the Dordogne?

by pecorino Online Now Jun 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I'm planning to base myself for a week in Sarlat and take day trips out to the various points of interest. Will I be able to manage by bus? I will be alone so I'm a little hesitant about renting a car. Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Jun 29, 2008 at 3:34 PM
    • DianeJanet's Profile Photo

Suggestions for apartment rental

by DianeJanet Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 6:47 PM

My daughter and I are looking for an apartment in the Dordogne region. We'd like to find a place located in the center of town. We'd like somewhere with a good sized terrace. Does anyone have a recommendation. This is the first time I've used virtual tourist. Thank you for your assistance.
      Diane

6 Answers May 9, 2005 at 4:33 PM