Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Szym's Profile Photo

travel info

Beauvais Jan 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Hi!
      Heading from Paris to Beauvais in June this Year, am interested in finding out has anyone had
      experience with leaving baggage for a duration of few hours while enjoying the city itself, as well as the
      degree of difficulty in catching a taxi to the airport.

more
    • Corsica request for information

Corsica Jan 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Can anyone advise me the first train or bus from Ajaacio to Calvi, we will be arriving 07 Aug at night. We would like to travell that night direct to Calenzana, but having been before I don't think it will be possible. I thought maybe a mini bus taxi but don't have any contacts or information. Any help would be great help

more
    • What are the boundaries of the Naturist Section of Cap D'Agde ?

Le Cap d'Agde Jan 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I am having a hard time trying to find a apartment with in the Naturist section
      There are so many streets and different local names. when you ask the
      rental agent or owner it takes almost 48 hrs to get a email reply. then you
      find out the place is not within the city limits. Is there a map or list of streets
      for Cap D'agde Thank you for any info

more
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Driving the West Coast of France?

France Jan 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Hi, my wife and I are going to drive up the west coast of France in early June. We hope to fly from Lisbon to Biarritz, rent a car and drive up the coast then to Paris. The only things we have on the agenda are the Dunes and Mount Saint Michel. We are looking for suggestions for interesting places or things. We have approximately 3 weeks before leaving from Paris back to Canada.
      Thank you
      Rick M

more
    • chilena1's Profile Photo

Transportation

Oradour-sur-Glane Jan 17, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I would like to know where to fly to from USA, in order to go to Oradour sur Glane. Nearest airport, nearest city where I can rent a car. Nearest town to book a hotel.
      This would be around mid June 2015.
      Is it easier to fly form other countries in Europe to Oradour? I can always change my itinerary.
      Thanks

more
    • cherbour to brussels

Cherbourg Jan 7, 2015 at 10:55 PM

how can I travel from Cherbourg to Brussels by train

more
    • France Itinerary and route suggestions?

France Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 AM

We have 3 weeks in France next summer, June 13 thru July 4. I already have the first 2 weeks booked with 7 days in Paris and 7 days in Chamonix. I need to find my way back to Paris over the next 6-7 days. We’ll have a car and are considering a scenic drive across France from Chamonix to Brittney and then back to Paris. I’m looking for suggestions for scenic roads and places to stay. We’re not beach lovers and would like to avoid very crowded places. We like to hike and enjoy the scenery, maybe visit a castle or two.

more
    • tran sport in saint malo

Saint-Malo Jan 1, 2015 at 3:14 AM

Does any buses run on new years day

more
    • Dinan - Mont St-Michel

Dinan Dec 30, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Hi,
      We are travelling to Dinan from Paris via train in May and after some time in Dinan we would like to visit Mont St-Michel. I gather we can perhaps get a bus or even a taxi over , but is anyone able to advise or recommend a guide and or driver based in the area that we could use ?.
      We return to Paris late Pm perhaps from Rennes?.

cheers JS

more
    • New years eve

Paris Dec 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM

What to do on new years eve? We already booked a restaurant but wonder what to do after..

more
    • Is it possible to walk across bridge over seine from Esplanade de la Defense to Nueilly sur Seine

Paris Jan 25, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Is it possible to walk across bridge over seine from Esplanade de la Defense to Nueilly sur Seine and restaurants in rue de Longchamp

/

more
    • Where to stay in Provence and Paris

France Jan 23, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Hello,

My husband and I (both in our early 30's) will be in France for 7-8 nights in mid May. We will be traveling from Barcelona most likely by train. We want to spend time in Provence. We would like to stay at a farmhouse. We like a mix of being in nature and relaxing, but also like to be close enough to a city that has restaurants and can walk around. We will have a car, and would like to be central enough to be able to take day trips.
      I would love a recommendation of:

-where to stay

- if we should stay in one place the whole time and take day trips or if we should stay in multiple locations
      -What towns should we go to on day trips/anything we need to see?
      - How many days should we spend in Provence and how many should we spend in Paris? We have both been to Paris, but never together, so I don't feel like I need a ton of time there.
      -What is the best area to stay in Paris? I will probably look at AirBnB for a small apartment. We like to be able to walk around, but don't need to be in a super touristy area. We will also be taking the train from here to London before flying back home.

Thanks!
      Nicole

more
    • Ethan55's Profile Photo

Advice on Paris Cocktail week?

Paris Jan 23, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hey guys, I saw that it's Paris Cocktail Week starting this weekend. Anyone know if it's worth it or just a marketing scam for the bars to get more clients? I found one video talking about it (http://youtu.be/9xEmJENRxK8) but curious to hear other pieces of advice. Thanks!

more
    • Best day to travel/ spend in Lourdes

Lourdes Jan 15, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Hi what is the best day of the week to visit Lourdes given the celebrations? We have the Wed 25th March, Thur 26th March, Fri 27th March and Sat 28th March 2015 as options. What day or days would you recommend? Thanks. Dianne

more
    • Travel from Nantes Airport to Sainte Anne d'Auray

Saint Anne-d'Auray Jan 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Hi
      Could you please advise what is the quickest and cheapest wa6 to travel from Nantes Airport to Sainte Anne d'auray

more
    • Beauvais for a two night break

Beauvais Jan 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM

is beauvais nice for a mid week break for a couple? Also,where would you recommend to eat and stay, or is there another town/village that we could take a train to.

Thanks

more
    • Day trip from Paris

Dinan Dec 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Hi we are planning a day trip to Dinan from Paris via train in May then to Mont St-Michel can anyone advise or recommend if there are any guides and or drivers available we can use in the area ?
      cheers JS

more
    • Parking in Nancy

Nancy Jan 22, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Hi,

I have two bookings in Nancy and am trying to decide which one to keep. One is in the center of the city (rue Pierre Semard) and the other is on the outskirts (Laxou). I'd much prefer the one in the city, but it doesn't have parking (hotel says "Public parking is available at a nearby location and charges are applicable." Can anyone tell me how far away such parking lots are and how much they charge? We would only need it for one overnight.

Thanks very much.

more
    • Road conditions in Chamoni in April

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Jan 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Hello ,our groups of 7 will visit Chamonix in mid April. We plan to drive to some villages near by like Courmayeur or Les Houches and somewhere else to have a scenic view along the way.
      Will it have a lot of fogs or snow? What the road conditions will be?
      Thanks.

more
    • SylviaA's Profile Photo

Foodie Walking Tour

Paris Jan 7, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Any recommendations for a 3-hour foodie tour in Paris? Thanks!

more
    • What is the address of Dalloyau and is it near the Luxemburg Gardens?

Paris Yesterday

What is the address of Dalloyau and is it near the Luxemburg Gardens? Thanks Mary

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Name of the main city centre rail station

Rouen Jan 20, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Please, what is the name of the main rail station in Rouen France,? Thanks

more
    • snow mountain villages between Paris and Nice

France Jan 18, 2015 at 6:07 PM

We plan to go Paris and Nice in April and would like to stay a night in a snow mountain village. We do not ski just want to have travelling experience and enjoy snow atmosphere.

Read that La Grave is one of the most beautiful village in France and not too difficult to reach from Grenoble.

Can anyone please advise if it s good to stay a night in La Grave or please advise some other nice villages between Paris and Nice. Thanks.

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Aussie couple in Paris for a week in June 2015.

Paris Jan 15, 2015 at 10:52 PM

We are both aged late 60's and have been to beautiful Paris before.We anticipate getting a hotel room (or similar) with a kitchenette so we can do our own cooking sometimes.We love the baguette/goats cheese/red wine on the balcony in the evening.We love the alfresco coffee/dining thing.Just some local knowledge to get the real Parisian experience more so than in the past.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Merci.

more
    • February holiday in cap d'agde

Le Cap d'Agde Jan 6, 2015 at 2:25 AM

want to visit cap d'agde in February is any wild parties for cupls?

more
    • Rent a car for 6 from Brive/

by ctsparkes Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Where can we hire a vehicle for 6 adults? We are getting a train from Paris to Brive on 9th September and wanted to hire a vehicle to then drive to Sarlat but the rental company we tried did not have one large enough. Can anyone suggest where we might hire one for 6 adults & 6 bags?
      Thank you,
      Carol - from Australia

13 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Ophorus Tours from Sarlat - choices

by SandiM Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 5:35 AM

My trip to France is coming up and I have time to make a few modifications. I signed up for a tour with this company from Sarlat for a 1/2 day tour to Rocamadour for 70euros, but I seem to be the only one on the tour so far and Ophorus specifies that if no one else goes on this tour, I must pay for another person (that's fine, i'm ok iwth it). However, I also wanted to see Collonges La Rouge and they offer a private tour (no minimum people) to Collonges la Rouge and Carennac for 280euros (but no Rocamadour). Or, for 380euros (yikes!), I can get a private tour of Collonges la Roughe, CArennac, Rocamadour, and Turenne. I'm a scenic photographer so Rocamadour and CLR really appeal to me but oh, that price! I can do 250euros but 380 seems excessive for an 8 hour tour BUT I will do it if it seems reasonable to those who have been there? Apparently, Ophorus is the only one that does tours in this area, so I'm limited in my options. So, if it comes down to it, would you suggest I do the whole thing, some of it, or stick with Rocamadour? I've kinda got an answer brewing in my head but I wanted some other opinions to hammer down my choice.

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Sarlat on foot & hotel choice

by SandiM Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I already booked the Ibis in Sarlat for April and I'm arriving in Sarlat on the train. I am hoping to find a taxi outside the station as I do not relish a 1km walk to the town centre toting luggage. However, booking.com has listed the Hotel St Albert near Place Pasteur for a really good price (50euros better than the Ibis for 3 nights stay) and I wondered if I should switch over? Has anyone been here/lived here can give me an idea if switching is a good idea? I will be doing a tour so I need to be close to Place Pasteur but I also want to roam around the old streets in the morning snapping photos. And I also enjoy a decent breakfast, so having a good choice of breakfast offerings is important too. Suggestions?

6 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • Parking in Sarlat-en-Caneda

by davidbell Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Lots of hotels and apartments say "free parking nearby". It can't be that easy surely? Do cars need to be moved? Once moved is it difficult to get back in? Can you in fact end up with accomodation and nowhere to park your vehicle?

5 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    • Do I need a rental car to tour the Dordogne?

by pecorino Online Now Jun 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I'm planning to base myself for a week in Sarlat and take day trips out to the various points of interest. Will I be able to manage by bus? I will be alone so I'm a little hesitant about renting a car. Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Jun 29, 2008 at 3:34 PM
    • DianeJanet's Profile Photo

Suggestions for apartment rental

by DianeJanet Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 6:47 PM

My daughter and I are looking for an apartment in the Dordogne region. We'd like to find a place located in the center of town. We'd like somewhere with a good sized terrace. Does anyone have a recommendation. This is the first time I've used virtual tourist. Thank you for your assistance.
      Diane

8 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 4:37 PM