Travel Answers
Sarlat

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Are there any Sunday (food) markets in Limoges?

Limoges Jul 9, 2014 at 5:50 AM

We need to kill a few hours before we go to a holiday house in Campniers et Reilhac (north Dordogne) as we will arrive in the area really early - so are looking for a food market to stock up the kitchen for a few days.
      Any suggestions would be gratefully received!
      Thanks
      Kelly.

more
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Train from Paris to Sarlat

by SandiM Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I'm getting on the train in April from Paris Montparnasse and my eventual destination is Sarlat HOWEVER I'm looking to stop along the way to site-see before getting back on another train to get to Sarlat. I see there is a transfer at either Libourne or Bordeaux (depending on what time of day I go) but is there somewhere I can check to see what stations I will stop at between Paris and either Libourne or Bordeaux before I make my transfer to Sarlat? I want to just step off the train in a quaint little village or something and not have to take a bus or anything just explore a little bit, take some pictures, and catch the next train to the transfer stop. Or, is either Libourne or Bordeaux a good place to drop a few hours for either scenic photography or souvenirs of delicious snacks? (I can be tempted either way).

5 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • Driver wanted

by PennyMills Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 4:53 AM

I plan a holiday in the Sarlat area and would like an English speaking driver for day trips, vineyard/restaurant visits etc. Does anyone know of such a service that is not too expensive?

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

1 Answer Jul 29, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    • train to and from Sarlat help please

by AnnPeter Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Hi

First of all, THANK YOU to all those on this site who take the time and trouble to answer questions so brilliantly!

I know I have asked before about this but I am getting very, very confused.

We want to travel to Sarlat from Paris and back again in late September 2011. The hotel we will stay at suggests getting to Souillac by the TEOZ train and then having a hotel transfer from there.

I have asked our travel agent without much success - they seem to think that going by train would require a few changes of trains and are suggesting we go by bus but are very unsure about any of it themselves and don't seem to want to pursue the matter (even tho we would book through them out of courtesy and have spent a lot of money with them in the past).

Help, help, help! There must be an easier way – I have tried looking at the train sites but as I said earlier I am getting confused.

7 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM