Sarek National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning a trip to Aurora Sky Station

Abisko Nationalpark Sep 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hey, I'm planning to see the Aurora this December and I would love if anyone could help me sharing some informations because I'm finding very difficult to gather.

- How can I go from Kiruna to the Aurora Sky Station in Abisko? Is there any transfer or should I rent a car would be the best option? I'm not use to drive in the snow, that's why I don't know how to go.

- Does anyone stayed in Abisko Mountain Lodge? Is it close to the station?
      The website says that it's only 2km from the lodge to aurora station by cable car?
      Does the cable car is open 24h that I could go back after the experience to sleep in the lodge?

- Should I take the exclusive dinner + aurora search or it's not worth it both? How long does it take this package?

• Sleeping bag for Sarek in July

by Kristiin Online Now Jun 21, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Hi there!

We are going to Sarek in July and looking for a proper sleeping bag.

As we expect rainy weather, we would choose a synthetic bag (does anyone think differently?)

What comes to comfort temperature, we are not sure, but the warmer the bag, the better for us. Of course, it should be as light as possible.

Does anyone have an experience? Are there any recommendations?

Our options are:

All recommendations are more than welcome.

1 Answer Jun 22, 2015 at 6:23 AM
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

by the___gecko Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM

i am heading to the sarek national park in mid to late august to trek through the park. i was going with 2 friends who now look like there going to pull out. im coming from australia and dont want to miss this opportunity but at the same time due to the potential treacherous weather conditions of the arctic circle am a bit concerned to do this solo.

therefore im looking for a website or forum where you can possibly find other hikers to do the trek with as being a experienced hiker dont wish to go on a guided tour.

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

sleeping bag

by the___gecko Online Now May 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM

hi. just wondering if a -5 sleeping bag is enough for the sarek in early september. im thinking a -10 to be sure but some views would be appreciated.

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 3:08 AM